We're all still human.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackhole said:
... what do you want to teach your daughter ... i'd say your initial instinct to joke was correct, and all the females just dogpiled you to make you feel guilty in an attempt to cut off your balls ... did you buy into it? :D

As stated, I thought it was funny and can not help to laugh or snicker about it every time I think about it.

My daughter is very sensitive - especially with me - and she taught me sensitivity.

if i am a less of a man for it, so be it; but, there are some things that I will always see through male eyes.

Yes, I bought into it because this is serious business for females and something we males will never understand.

They kept giving me all kinds of tips to correct the situation all day.

Speaking of which, I need to go to the store in the attempt to try one of the tips.

At any rate, as a male, it is funny and i cant keep from laughing about it even as I type this.

As a parent, I need to help my daughter because the first day of school was today.

you sound like a good and caring dad. and i certainly can't fault you for that.

but i am one too.

and what i would have done, would have been to:

- joke
- immediately spin it into a positive

for instance:

wow, that's hiliarious! hey, i guess it's time to really get your hair colored, let's go!" and take her to the salon.

i, at all costs, avoid self-indulgent pouting in my daughter, probably because she has a chronic illness and she MUST be a fighter for the rest of her life.

;)

different strokes.

I always beat myself up when I have a blow up with someone, no matter how minor.

I guess I default to questioning myself, rather than questioning the motivations of the other person. I don't know if it is entirely healthy.

Your suggestion is great too ... joke about it and solve the problem all at the same time. :)

I think that there comes a time where we have to take responsibility for our lives. I think that we have to accept life the way that it is and just do the best that we can to live our lives. I think whether good or bad, all of us are born into different situations. As an adult we have to seek out a balance in our lives and figure out a way to maintain that healthy mental state. I know for myself that I can continue to blame my past for my current state or I can figure out a way to seek a happy balance for my mental state. Life is easy for some and hard for others. You, me, us we just have to deal with the cards that we were dealt. How to go about doing that I don't know? We just have to figure it out for ourselves.

"We're all still human."

Yet we are so hard on ourselves. I'm not trying to sound like a big "Holy Roller" over here, but I've come to learn that quite often we are much harder on ourselves than God is.

Latest posts

Back