What are some things you could talk forever about?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can talk forever about just about anything if you get me going...
let's see, today it was Sir Thomas Malory's La Morte D'Arthur, guitar strings, barre chords on a guitar, King Arthur spoofs, and the legend of King Arthur as it relates to the legend of Zelda.
Those are the things I babbled about today. Notice any themes? lol.

War and history. Especially the Eastern front during WWII, the First Crusade, and the Assyrians. Anytime someone talks to me about how people are inherently good I always mention to them the historical examples of people proving they are not.

Video games. I was born with an Atari controller in my hand. I have well over a thousand games for my computer alone. Some people kind of like video games and know stuff about them, but not many have the level of fanatic obsession that someone like me does. I almost went to school to become a game developer (fell through but oh well).

Also unknown music that everyone thinks sucks. My absurdly large death metal collection is a testament to the fact that if 4 guys in a basement somewhere at some point have gotten together and yelled about zombies while playing their instruments too fast to be enjoyable, I for some reason think it is awesome and have gone to the trouble of tracking it down.

Oh and comic books, that nerdy conversation teenage boys have about what hero could beat up another hero is something like a daily thing for me.

With good conversational partner I could talk forever about literature. I like to know what other people think about different books and WHY they think so. I also like to tell them, what I think of those books.
I just finished reading "Im westen nichts neues" by Remarque and hm.. how to say it it's like in inside I'm overfilled with it, every thought about it just wants-needs to come out.
Hah, I'm not sure if you understand the last part of what I wrote (it really is kind of messy) but I hope you get my point.

Films.

I'm addicted to films. I could go on and on about Kim Ki-Duk, Chan-wook Park and Wong Kar-wai films.. Hours. Jeez.

Ohh, I like this topic :)

- I guess, books. I can talk forever about George R. R. Martin's series "A Song of Ice and Fire." Also, music, art, any form of expression, really.
- Video games are always fun. A favourite has always been The Legend of Zelda. Especially the Ocarina of Time... *SWOOOON*!
- Film. I study film at University, and strive to be a film director one day. I love B Grade horror films (Tromaaa!) and independent / art films. :)

Whatever guy I'm crushing on at the time LOL

I could talk forever about movies. I start off telling someone I liked a movie, then before I know it I'm giving a complete movie review.

Unacceptance said:
yai said:
Films.

I'm addicted to films. I could go on and on about Kim Ki-Duk, Chan-wook Park and Wong Kar-wai films.. Hours. Jeez.

Care to give a brief intro?

Have you seen any films by those particular directors?

I have seen a wide variety of Korean films - if you ever happen to run across one, I've probably seen it. (Except for the more recent releases - "The Chaser", & "The Good, The Bad & The Weird", for instance - due to schoolwork and such)

I've seen a decent amount of Japanese, Chinese & Thai films. Wong Kar-wai is a favorite director of mine, and any one of his films are worth seeing. (I would highly recommend "In the Mood for Love")

Nothing really.. I'm one of those people who wanders what they've been really doing with their whole life all those years

Musiiic. Like non stop. Bands, shows, albums, instrumemts, everything related to all that stuff..

btw i have several guitars, my favorites being my ltd mh(250) and my artcore bass, the agb200..but yeah.. i wont shut up if i get started ha..

yep, same here music, and films.

oh and the sims 2, i never speak to anyone about that (total closet fan) i reckon if i start i'll never stop :D

haha, awe. I played the sims pretty religously aswell. I liked how you could actually physically move your sim in the 2nd one, as to clicking on far spaces to help them escape a fire or something..haha.

i think i can talk about anything for a while, if its brought up

I´ve played sims 1, sims 2 and all the expansions packs, i've played sim city 4 also.
i loved those games but got bored after playing for quite some time.
What i could talk for hours would be movies, politics, and the human condition (i dont like to talk about music b/c i prefer to hear good music than to talk about good music)

hrmm, well I don't think I know enough about anything to talk about it for hours, but I guess I could go on for a while about metal music, web design, random speculative/philosophical ramblings.

I'd love to be able to talk for ages about history, mythology, evolution theory, sci-fi/fantasy fiction and various other topics.

Sadly I don't have a great memory so there's not usually much 'up there' at any one time to launch into conversation about. lol

Music and literature are topics I love to discuss. I have my preferences in both areas, but I'm fairly open to "new things."

Latest posts

Back