What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loading the years of junk into the van so I can dump it at the once a year dumpster tomorrow.

Gotcha. Are you good uncle or bad uncle?
He's just a kid so I've, foolishly, helped him out a few times when he's gambled all his rent money away, money which the wee honeysuckle has gone and put on a horse straight away, I'm pushover uncle I reckon.

He's just a kid so I've, foolishly, helped him out a few times when he's gambled all his rent money away, money which the wee honeysuckle has gone and put on a horse straight away, I'm pushover uncle I reckon.
The good uncle... My nephew calls me the "bad aunt" because I don't give in and my sister the "good aunt" because she does.

I don't know anything about Astrology. What happens when Saturn turns direct?
he's been retrograde for months... usually during retrograde period (depending on where he resides in your personal chart of course) you will notice more obstacles, delays and set backs.. saturn as the lord of structure/karma/disciple will put harsher lessons on the table, more "tests" will be put in front of you - but when he turns direct, all of the energy is flowing forward now as opposed to backwards - so, it's "moving along" progressively now as opposed to backwards...

A (funny way) I always think of when describing Saturn Retrograde to people who don't know much about it, is, if you have ever seen the movie "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (the original 74') in the beginning of the movie, they say "Saturn is in retrograde" before all of the carnage ensues...

he's been retrograde for months... usually during retrograde period (depending on where he resides in your personal chart of course) you will notice more obstacles, delays and set backs.. saturn as the lord of structure/karma/disciple will put harsher lessons on the table, more "tests" will be put in front of you - but when he turns direct, all of the energy is flowing forward now as opposed to backwards - so, it's "moving along" progressively now as opposed to backwards...

A (funny way) I always think of when describing Saturn Retrograde to people who don't know much about it, is, if you have ever seen the movie "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (the original 74') in the beginning of the movie, they say "Saturn is in retrograde" before all of the carnage ensues...
I find that very fascinating. So in your chart, he is retrograde - has the last few months been more challenging for you?

I find that very fascinating. So in your chart, he is retrograde - has the last few months been more challenging for you?
Oh, no, I don't have Saturn Retro in my natal chart.. but people do..

The planets are always moving.. one sign to the next, and then turning retrograde - so, currently that retro period was happening in the sky.. but the effects of all planets turning retrograde affect all of us here but how the planets in transit affects you depends on your personal natal placements.. some times it's good. just depends on your chart.
you know the saying - as above, so below 🌠

Last edited:
Oh, no, I don't have Saturn Retro in my natal chart.. but people do..

The planets are always moving.. one sign to the next, and then turning retrograde - so, currently that retro period was happening in the sky.. but the effects of all planets turning retrograde affect all of us here but how the planets in transit affects you depends on your personal natal placements.. some times it's good. just depends on your chart.
you know the saying - as above, so below 🌠
I see. Thank you for the information, I enjoy learning new things. I will make an effort to try and read more about it.

Sea Cadets. Youth Navy group. He did not go. He didn't have all his honeysuckle and they were going to an active military base this weekend. If your uniform wasn't perfect, you couldn't go. I'm very annoyed with him.
Oh no! That sounds really cool. Will he have another opportunity or did he miss his shot at this particular experience?
We only have JROTC around here. Oh and the military school on the NG base but its mostly for the kids that can't keep their noses clean.

Oh no! That sounds really cool. Will he have another opportunity or did he miss his shot at this particular experience?
We only have JROTC around here. Oh and the military school on the NG base but its mostly for the kids that can't keep their noses clean.
Most people don't know about Sea Cadets. They are pretty much everywhere, though you might have to drive a bit to get to the closest unit. I have to drive 45 minutes. Some drive more than that. But yeah, I thought we only had JROTC here too.
He will miss this particular experience, but not a huge deal, the base they were going to isn't that special. Next summer, there is a trip to Norfolk planned, which is the big Navy base. They are also trying to get funding for a trip to Hawaii and other big bases.

Most people don't know about Sea Cadets. They are pretty much everywhere, though you might have to drive a bit to get to the closest unit. I have to drive 45 minutes. Some drive more than that. But yeah, I thought we only had JROTC here too.
He will miss this particular experience, but not a huge deal, the base they were going to isn't that special. Next summer, there is a trip to Norfolk planned, which is the big Navy base. They are also trying to get funding for a trip to Hawaii and other big bases.
That is awesome. These type of things make a college application so much better. Well, I get being annoyed at teenage boys but at least it wasn't too big of a deal. Mom, dont be to hard on him. 😀

That is awesome. These type of things make a college application so much better. Well, I get being annoyed at teenage boys but at least it wasn't too big of a deal. Mom, dont be to hard on him. 😀
Yeah, he is also going to a tech school part time for criminal justice and will take some college classes while in high school.
I personally know the chief of police in our tiny little town (and so does my kid) so we're going to talk to her and see if and when he could do an internship type thing.
He is well on his way.

As for being hard on him, I just told him that he has to have his sea bag packed by the Thursday before drill from now on and he has no say in anything all weekend and he has to clean up the house.

Yeah, he is also going to a tech school part time for criminal justice and will take some college classes while in high school.
I personally know the chief of police in our tiny little town (and so does my kid) so we're going to talk to her and see if and when he could do an internship type thing.
He is well on his way.

As for being hard on him, I just told him that he has to have his sea bag packed by the Thursday before drill from now on and he has no say in anything all weekend and he has to clean up the house.
That is very fair and reasonable. Good on you.

Latest posts

Back