What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3d printing and trying to unhook strong metal from a magnet...easier said than done lol. And...doing some things with wires in arduino, there's a small chance I'll get killed either via electricity, magnets or metal poisoning - but you never know, better sorry than safe! :)
Just clarifying I didn’t ’like’ this post on the off-chance you’ll get killed. 😂🤪 The 3D printing part is cool. 😊

^ Thanks, also the safest part, the worst that ever came from it was a small half-inch burn from a 200 degrees celcius nozzle...all my fault, in theory it should be very safe.

On Bricklink, yes. I bought the lot as a bit of an investment though, so the more I have to buy in missing parts, the more I stand to lose. I *think* I should hopefully at least break even though.

I gotcha. I'm sure it will all appreciate anyway. Which ones did you get, out of curiosity?

As a matter of fact I was just cleaning my room a couple days ago, and I found a stack of old "Maniac Magazines" and "Shop At Home" catalogs, circa early '00s. Ah, the good old days...

A bunch of mid-2000’s Star Wars sets, some Castle Kingdom sets (including a very cool chess set), plus some misc. minifigs. Everything is really dirty though. What really irked me is the abundance of non-Lego mixed in (Mega-Blocks, crap like that) - that stuff is useless, goes straight to the thrift store. We drove 6 hours round-trip to pick this up and when we got there, the lady had this super-rambunctious dog that was jumping all over the place, so it was really hard to give everything a good look over. Should’ve asked for $50-$100 off what I paid in retrospect. . .oh well. Still fairly happy with the deal.

A bunch of mid-2000’s Star Wars sets, some Castle Kingdom sets (including a very cool chess set), plus some misc. minifigs. Everything is really dirty though. What really irked me is the abundance of non-Lego mixed in (Mega-Blocks, crap like that) - that stuff is useless, goes straight to the thrift store. We drove 6 hours round-trip to pick this up and when we got there, the lady had this super-rambunctious dog that was jumping all over the place, so it was really hard to give everything a good look over. Should’ve asked for $50-$100 off what I paid in retrospect. . .oh well. Still fairly happy with the deal.

My brothers and I had a lot of the first run of the Star Wars stuff...in fact I think between us, we had all almost all of it, only missing a few things.

We even had the big ones like the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and the first version of the Millennium Falcon. Good times 😁

My brothers and I had a lot of the first run of the Star Wars stuff...in fact I think between us, we had all almost all of it, only missing a few things.

We even had the big ones like the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and the first version of the Millennium Falcon. Good times 😁
Sweet! Do you still have those sets? Worth big bucks, depending on quality.

Sweet! Do you still have those sets? Worth big bucks, depending on quality.

Oh yeah, there are a few in the storage bins right here in my room.

In fact I think only a few pieces are actually broken, and I plan to replace those pieces one day.
Generally while we played with our toys, we kept our stuff in good shape (my only concern is stupid heat and UV damage, because our AC unit is bad and it gets up into the 80s F in the house, in the summer here 😡 ).

I couldn't part with them though, big bucks though they might be. It's part of my history.

PS @ringwood how do you store your LEGOs, to avoid heat/UV damage?
Unfortunately my choices are between my room, which gets hot, and it's hard to keep the sunlight off of things even with the shades down - and our basement, which is unfinished (it needs the dehumidifier, to control the moisture).

Last edited:
Bought a large mixed lot of Lego sets and painstakingly going through it all - don’t think all the parts are here as claimed. . . Bummer, but that’s the chance you take.
I was so happy to gift every Lego, with the exception of the characters, to my mother's church yard sale. I had no idea they would go so fast.

I was so happy to gift every Lego, with the exception of the characters, to my mother's church yard sale. I had no idea they would go so fast.
Lego can be extremely lucrative, depending on the theme. It's often referred to as more valuable than gold. It's also really, really hard to decide what to sell and what to keep, as evidenced by my house that is slowly being overtaken by Lego sets and minifigs, haha.

I couldn't part with them though, big bucks though they might be. It's part of my history.
Totally understandable. They're a cherished part of your childhood - I wouldn't part with stuff like that either. :)
PS @ringwood how do you store your LEGOs, to avoid heat/UV damage?
Unfortunately my choices are between my room, which gets hot, and it's hard to keep the sunlight off of things even with the shades down - and our basement, which is unfinished (it needs the dehumidifier, to control the moisture).
We have A/C in the summer, so excessive heat isn't really an issue. Nor is moisture in our house. Direct sunlight does more damage than anything. My shelving units don't really get direct sun at all, so again not an issue. Some collectors dust and wash their sets regularly - I'm not of those (I hate dusting and washing them is way too time-consuming), so aside from the sets that are behind glass, they tend to have a light layer of dust after a while. I'll deal with it if it gets really bad though.

Just being shocked (self-shocked?) at why am I still not banned from twitter, I've reached level of aggressive posting there that resembles a cadette of Hitler Jugend (from the 30s, not the ones from the 40s that were softer...). I mean seriously: Musk bans Ye over controversial sign that says he likes the jews but also the Nazis, yet everyone else is allowed to say anything about any country, race, gender, group of people? It's just hyporcisy, since I have close to zero followers no one cares...if I had 100000 I would've been crucified (on easter today lol).

I’m watching telly, laying on the sofa, wondering if the real issue is there is a huge market for a genderless league.

Like but what would it be called?

I watched one with no weight class, no gender and they had to use strategy to win, very interesting.

Latest posts

Back