What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being sort of bored and thinking about something/someone that I should probably let go the idea of.

user 130057 said:
I thought the remake was just a poor direct copy of the original. The 3 Karate Kid sequels were awful too, but the original Karate Kid was a reasonably good movie in it's time. The problem is that it's now 30 years old and starting to show it's age.
yeah but the difference between the original and the new one is - jaden smith actually learned kung fu for the film and still trains in it, the guy out of the original (I dont know his name) didnt learn anything, which is why the fight scenes are so bad

zibafu said:
user 130057 said:
I thought the remake was just a poor direct copy of the original. The 3 Karate Kid sequels were awful too, but the original Karate Kid was a reasonably good movie in it's time. The problem is that it's now 30 years old and starting to show it's age.
yeah but the difference between the original and the new one is - jaden smith actually learned kung fu for the film and still trains in it, the guy out of the original (I dont know his name) didnt learn anything, which is why the fight scenes are so bad

Aww, but that's part of the charm of the film! You can't directly compare them because they're from completely different time periods. I watched the original in 1984 and thought it was great - I watched it again a few months ago and it's aged badly, but I still think it's a better movie than the remake.

The sequels... now they're another matter. I went to the cinema to watch Karate Kid II and even the 13 year old me thought "What the hell am I watching?".

Waiting for my work van to be fixed so I can get back to work, at least I get paid to sit here and wait. :)

Lishniy Chelovek said:
Drinking away the sadness. It's never worked before but maybe this time.

You can't really drink away the sadness.. you can just numb it while you drink. I know the feeling. *hugs*

Trying to respond to emails/messages and failing horribly- don't know if I've ever felt this exhausted and brain dead before.

fresia. Just turned on auto-correct, it's that bad.

Huh?

Having a nervous breakdown.. or a breakdown.. of some sort.. what do you do in these situations..

^LadyF-take some deep breaths & I usually indulge in a spot of energy balancing to help me cope-hope you'll be ok

Watching a film, painting my nails & drinking a glass of Pinot Grigio.

I'm missing a new Doctor Who episode to watch Game 2 of the L.A. Dodgers/St. Louis Cardinals NLDS series. I think I may need to turn in my nerd card. lol

Latest posts

Back