What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonelyDragon said:
Soaking in the sun? Ug! Is there still sun somewhere? No sun here today. Got our first real snow last night. Looks like this covering is here to stay now and the only light is the glare off of it. LoL

Ok, time to close the curtains again.

Its got real cold here as well in the past week. I kinder like winter through.

Bluey said:

50 mph winds right now but at least no snow.

Probably, i haven't been outside yet. Will head into work in an hour or two.

Bluey said:
Minus said:
Bluey said:

50 mph winds right now but at least no snow.

50mph, I bet that cuts to the bone. *shivers*

You ain't kiddin' We get winds like that here too. (Not today.) I was hoping the snow would hold off just a few more days. I've got to finish putting a thermostat in the car I'm driving and it's sitting in the back yard right now half apart. And I have to get another one that belongs to the same guy down to my shop still and the snow is going to make that kinda tough.

about 7 miles [11 km]
Well at least there may be a little sun and not the snow that LonelyDragon is seeing.

That's far enough away I would say. spashley like what LonelyDragon is saying. If its snowing it can make it difficult to get to and from work. Suppose am lucky there.

Bluey said:
That's far enough away I would say. spashley like what LonelyDragon is saying. If its snowing it can make it difficult to get to and from work. Suppose am lucky there.

Yeah the snow can make it difficult when the drifts get too high.

LonelyDragon is it prairie around your area? That flat land really lets the wind whip through there.

There is lots of hills around here. That's why I got an electric push bike :D Well am getting hungry so am off.

Have a good shift at work minus and take care to you and LonelyDragon :)

Bluey said:
There is lots of hills around here. That's why I got an electric push bike :D Well am getting hungry so am off.

Have a good shift at work minus and take care to you and LonelyDragon :)

In the general area of LonelyDragon there is a lot of flat farmland and prairie. I can't say what it is like at his town but that is common for that area of that state. The wind can really get going and with snow in it, it can be something else.

See ya Bluey

Exactly, lots of farms. A few rolling hills. Nothing to block the winds. In fact, there's a real upsurge in building windmills for producing electricity here over the last year. But as Minus said, when you get snow in that wind it's really something.

You guys have a good day! I think my headache is finally down to a tolerable level so I'm going to go and get some things done myself.

I was talking to my dad about my problems for a couple of hours.
It was a releave for me to be able to go to my father for advice after
all these years. I never really had a relationship with my father so
it was cool. Just to feel like i have my dad in my life again means alot
to me. I actaully never got any advice. For most of my life all
I ever wanted from this man was for him to love me as i am, his son.
Not what he wanted me to be...nothing and everything in my life I did wasn't good enough for him.

Mirracles do happen.

And to not be afraid he was going to kick my ass...is different.
The man is 6' , 200 lb...he'll kick my ass too :p

Just got back from work. Had to run up and get some vice-grips so I can hopefully get the car back together. Then I go to work for real at 3:00.

Lonesome Crow said:
Not what he wanted me to be...nothing and everything in my life I did wasn't good enough for him.

Mirracles do happen.

That's great news rocket! I have a strained relationship with my father too, hopefully some day we can sit down and talk about stuff too.

Right now I am sitting here stressing out over this 10 minute power point presentation I have to give next monday...

well, I just done talking to my ex-gf without dramma.
Aplogized to her for some of the crap I put her through.:(

I also got a new sponsor. I talked to him for a while.
Reaching out for help.

I feel pretty good ATM. I feel peaceful i have
at the moment.

Lonesome Crow said:

Mirracles do happen.

I loved my Dad very much. Saw him last year, when he called and asked me to pick him up because he had to get out of the house. He was in time for my daughter's 3rd birthday.

Four months later, I received a strange email from a friend who lived a couple towns over, saying she thought she saw an obit for my father, and passing on her condolences if it was him.

I replied that it may be him, since probably no one would tell me. She pasted it into an email. It was my father, who had passed away about 3 weeks before. I and my younger sister had been written out of his obit.

He was cremated, so I have no place to go to "visit" him. I've "made" a place beside his mother and father and grandmother, on the family burial plot that we thought he'd be buried on.

Nothing can quell the rage I feel inside toward my mother and older sister. She duped them. I tried to warn them, but she won their hearts... I never wanted anything from them, but their respect.

At least at that last visit my Dad told me how much he loved me and respected the man I had become...

Latest posts

Back