What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U mean everybody stay the fresia away from me except Natasha right?
U can let people in siku !! Most people are ******* mean but NOT everyone is!
hugs for siku :(

tenor.gif

Hoping that I can escape this lifestyle one day. Wishing that I had figured it out and started working towards it 15 years ago or so. That is, if it's even possible at all.

Context: My mom just got back from grocery shopping and now there's some arguing about something that wasn't on sale. I can't stand listening to my parents moan, bicker, and argue about money. Not even talking about large amounts here, just when anything increases or isn't on sale, even by a few dollars. Makes me feel like we're natural-born losers, that's who we are. Like we're just inferior and lame.

Forget a Ferrari. I just don't want to spend my whole life living and feeling like this. I'd love to be able to just not give a **** if the price of something increases, especially if it's only a little. I know it could be better than this. We have one life to live, and I want to have known a better way of life before I have to go.

Oh and when I tried explaining about the IT career info session I went to yesterday, the knee jerk response was that it was a scam....ugh.

I hope it works though. I'd be willing to slog through it, even though I don't love it. At least it pays enough to live better, I'd feel like I was at least doing something about it other than moan. I'd feel like I was going on the offensive for a change, at least in some small way.

Like, I know I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying that I don't have compassion or understanding for people who, for whatever reason, don't do well financially. I'm there myself. I understand, I get it. This system doesn't work for everyone. And I'm not saying the good parts of our lives didn't matter or that I didn't appreciate them. It's just that some parts are frustrating too.

"I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."
❤ Rust ❤️

Yes. It's dead. Someone bled it dry to stay safe. Don't waste your time on me. Just quit my job. Don't need it where I'm going. No one give me any more hope. I don't want it or life anymore.

TheSkaFish said:
Hoping that I can escape this lifestyle one day.  Wishing that I had figured it out and started working towards it 15 years ago or so.  That is, if it's even possible at all.

- - - 8<  snipped for brevity  >8 - - -

Like, I know I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying that I don't have compassion or understanding for people who, for whatever reason, don't do well financially.  I'm there myself.  I understand, I get it.  This system doesn't work for everyone.  And I'm not saying the good parts of our lives didn't matter or that I didn't appreciate them.  It's just that some parts are frustrating too.

I had all kinds of pity observations and advice here, but edited it to this: I wish you luck in changing your fortunes for the better. It can CERTAINLY be done, and you seem intelligent enough to be clear and confident when you do decide to make a move.

MissBehave said:
Ladyforsaken:
I’m so glad you found friends to rely on and a safe place to be. I hope it goes well for you and that life treats you nicely. ❤️ 
ALL is a wonderful place, especially if we are there for one another. ❤️
*hugs to you*

Thank you! I hope things go well for you too. :)

harper said:
TheSkaFish said:
Hoping that I can escape this lifestyle one day.  Wishing that I had figured it out and started working towards it 15 years ago or so.  That is, if it's even possible at all.

- - - 8<  snipped for brevity  >8 - - -

Like, I know I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying that I don't have compassion or understanding for people who, for whatever reason, don't do well financially.  I'm there myself.  I understand, I get it.  This system doesn't work for everyone.  And I'm not saying the good parts of our lives didn't matter or that I didn't appreciate them.  It's just that some parts are frustrating too.

I had all kinds of pity observations and advice here, but edited it to this:   I wish you luck in changing your fortunes for the better.  It can CERTAINLY be done, and you seem intelligent enough to be clear and confident when you do decide to make a move.

edit:  To be clear, this was supposed to read "PITHY" rather than "pity". 
It's an important distinction, and an unfortunate typo!

LostintheBardo said:
TheSkaFish said:
Hoping....I don't have a lasting knee injury.

What'd you do?

I started running every other day about a month ago or so, in an effort to lose weight. I don't want to have a gut, I don't want to look like a Booze Walrus. The last two times I went out, it was in shoes that I had for a couple years now, and all the cushioning had worn out.  And they may have not been running shoes at all.  My knees hurt when I got back.

I got a new pair of shoes last Friday and it feels better, but my right knee still hurts.

TheSkaFish said:
I started running every other day about a month ago or so, in an effort to lose weight. I don't want to have a gut, I don't want to look like a Booze Walrus. The last two times I went out, it was in shoes that I had for a couple years now, and all the cushioning had worn out.  And they may have not been running shoes at all.  My knees hurt when I got back.

I got a new pair of shoes last Friday and it feels better, but my right knee still hurts.

Be careful, Ska. Hope the knee heals quickly.

TheSkaFish said:
LostintheBardo said:
TheSkaFish said:
Hoping....I don't have a lasting knee injury.

What'd you do?

I started running every other day about a month ago or so, in an effort to lose weight.  I don't want to have a gut, I don't want to look like a Booze Walrus.  The last two times I went out, it was in shoes that I had for a couple years now, and all the cushioning had worn out.  And they may have not been running shoes at all.  My knees hurt when I got back.

Do you stretch before you run?

Hoping this cold goes away soon, feels like it is messing with my allergy medication. At least the snot faucet has stopped. Don't like the aches that came with this cold either. Thankfully it hasn't been very busy and I haven't sneezed or coughed on a customer yet.

Sci-Fi said:
Hoping this cold goes away soon, feels like it is messing with my allergy medication. At least the snot faucet has stopped. Don't like the aches that came with this cold either. Thankfully it hasn't been very busy and I haven't sneezed or coughed on a customer yet.

I am just recovering from this too and came down with a fever couple of days ago. Slowly recovering. Definitely not fun to be sick while having deadlines to clear at work.

Get well soon, Sci!

Latest posts

Back