What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope my hair grows back quicker after my wife shaved my head with abandon with them clippers she bought.Yeah everyone in my house thought it hilarious Alrite caps are fashionable but I was really proud of my barnet,amazing how small things dent your confidence .

To make these memories of someone go away no one has replaced them for a very long time. They say when you're down and heart broken to recall what makes you happy. Unfortunately the very thing that does this is the very thing that mattered more then anything else. No matter the goals you achieve, the success you have and the stability of living is good. It all fades compared to not having someone to share life with.

I hope this COVID nonsense goes away so I can travel to my GF. Was supposed to visit back in March. :(. Now I don't know when the hell I'll be able to since they have travel restrictions. Getting stuck in another country is not something I care to experience.

SirPanda said:
I hope this COVID nonsense goes away so I can travel to my GF.  Was supposed to visit back in March. :(.  Now I don't know when the hell I'll be able to since they have travel restrictions.  Getting stuck in another country is not something I care to experience.

That isn't happening until there is a vaccine and then it will take ages to be distributed. At least here in NZ we are currently free of any community transmission.

Feeling - like life has passed me by.

I wish I hadn't gotten on the wrong path but I did over 20 years ago. I often wonder how different it would be if I never fell into the way I became, or if it always had to be this way.

TheSkaFish said:

I wish I hadn't gotten on the wrong path but I did over 20 years ago.  I often wonder how different it would be if I never fell into the way I became, or if it always had to be this way.

"One day or Day One"

I wonder what it feels like to be someone's priority other than from a Parent. To know that person thinks so well of you that you are important to them.

Serenia said:
I wonder what it feels like to be someone's priority other than from a Parent.  To know that person thinks so well of you that you are important to them.

I've had a few past relationships. But, I'm still wondering about that too. I thought it occurred naturally. I made them each my priority. I would have died for them. But, it was all one sided. It was just about me helping them.

Finished said:
Serenia said:
I wonder what it feels like to be someone's priority other than from a Parent.  To know that person thinks so well of you that you are important to them.

I've had a few past relationships. But, I'm still wondering about that too. I thought it occurred naturally. I made them each my priority. I would have died for them. But, it was all one sided. It was just about me helping them.

I know what you mean.  Maybe I was wrong to expect them to treat me the same as I treated them.  At first there was an attentiveness, but that soon waned on their side.

Serenia said:
Finished said:
Serenia said:

I know what you mean.  Maybe I was wrong to expect them to treat me the same as I treated them.  At first there was an attentiveness, but that soon waned on their side.

Attentiveness is very different from interest. Having that keep it cool button until you actually start seeing them wanting to do the work a relationship takes together with you can be helpful for avoiding stuff like that.

MissBehave said:
Serenia said:
Finished said:
Serenia said:

Attentiveness is very different from interest. Having that keep it cool button until you actually start seeing them wanting to do the work a relationship takes together with you can be helpful for avoiding stuff like that.

Keeping cool is playing games to me.  It's a long time since I dated.  If I decided again I would just be myself.

Serenia said:
MissBehave said:
Serenia said:
Finished said:
Serenia said:

Keeping cool is playing games to me.  It's a long time since I dated.  If I decided again I would just be myself.

It's not about not being yourself. Just about sheltering yourself from jumping to conclusion about what others feel, at least for as much as you can. Can be very hard though 💜

Feeling - afraid I don't have the brainpower to learn anything well enough to be able to do a job that pays well. Feeling afraid that I'll never be able to come up with good enough ideas that would allow me to do what I need to do to escape frustration.

Feeling - like I wish I could be good enough for what I wanted in life. I wish I could beat this fear that I'm a loser.

WanderingInTheWoods said:
Things are going rather smooth this week and I'm getting enough sleep each week, so that's good. :)
I feel happy about that.

I need to get better at this myself. At the start of the year I was naturally waking up at 7 or 8 or so, and going to bed at midnight. I need to get back on those hours again.

Glad to hear things are going smoothly for you though. You deserve it :)

Captain's on the bridge
Captain's got his hands on the horn
Captain looks nervous
Captain's looking beat up and worn
Captain's got whiskey
Captain keeps his belly warm
Captain says "laddies,
Any port in a storm"

AmyTheTemperamental said:
TheSkaFish said:

I wish I hadn't gotten on the wrong path but I did over 20 years ago.  I often wonder how different it would be if I never fell into the way I became, or if it always had to be this way.

"One day or Day One"

Most things, I could and should do a better job of applying this to.  I'm glad I've started applying it to my shape. It feels good to see results.

Unfortunately there's some other things, that there isn't anything I can do about anymore.  That's where the regret comes in.

Anyway.  Thanks for the message and thanks for caring.

PS - Hello again.

For a new person on this forum threads can get confusing and I come across things that I really feel strong about. One is mentioned by a Serenia that I fully agree with about priorities. Here I can be a friend to someone and really care about them for years and years and really contribute to their well being and their priority always negates me. If their sister believes something then they believe her instead of me even if they have not seen her in twenty years. I worked for a lady who lived a real long time and I loved her and took care of her extra special because she was special.  One day I voiced my opinion about something serious--operation or something agreeing with her daughter and family to go ahead and have it for her to get out of extreme pain. I was getting really adamant letting her know that she is silly not to try for no pain and she replied to me---Who are you to tell me this?----meaning that I was not family and had no right to share with her the facts that she should go ahead with this procedure for her own benefit to get out of pain----but those words stung me--"Who are you"?  I took care of her for over 15 years--who am I..?  I am not family so I am unimportant.....what a let down here.. Serenia in different words sort of had the same thought about priorities and I hope that I got this right.. Thanks priscella

Feeling relieved. For a minute there, I thought I had to read an entire 160 page text in a day, AND take 7 40-minute practice tests.

Still, I need to stop screwing myself over by procrastinating because I psych myself out.

Latest posts

Back