What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking my brother gave me great job searching advice last night, by reminding me of the strengths I do have that would make me a good hire, and by showing me how to look at the jobs I'm looking for differently. Hoping I can find a way to apply it and get something soon.

TheSkaFish said:
Thinking my brother gave me great job searching advice last night, by reminding me of the strengths I do have that would make me a good hire, and by showing me how to look at the jobs I'm looking for differently. Hoping I can find a way to apply it and get something soon.

Good! I think myself that getting a job should be a priority for you, before find Ms Right. If you are working I am sure that your self-worth will be increased, as well as which you won't have as much time to waste thinking about 'that' girl and her new man....

Keep at it!

jaguarundi said:
TheSkaFish said:

Good! I think myself that getting a job should be a priority for you, before find Ms Right. If you are working I am sure that your self-worth will be increased, as well as which you won't have as much time to waste thinking about 'that' girl and her new man....

Keep at it!

Honestly I think that's part of what drove her away. I didn't have money, so I appeared to not be in control of my life. That's a show of low masculinity. I can understand how she'd feel that a man who has no income is not a strong, exciting man who would make her swoon. Also, no money meant that I couldn't go out, and thus did not have any new stories to discuss. Sitting around at home surfing the net all day does not exactly make me look like a Mick Jagger. She did say she wanted more stories from me, and several times asked what I was thinking, to which I more or less had to say, "nothing".

I still hope she breaks up with him though once I transform, though. I don't just mean once I've gotten a job. I mean, once I've completely transformed. I already exercise regularly and have been doing so for a while now, and I'll take up my passions again once I'm not constantly worrying about money. I'll make myself into a highly desirable person, to anyone. She's going to see that I'm a hot rod, and suddenly the rust-bucket she's settled for won't look so good anymore...

TheSkaFish said:
jaguarundi said:
TheSkaFish said:

Keep at it!

Honestly I think that's part of what drove her away. I didn't have money, so I appeared to not be in control of my life. That's a show of low masculinity. I can understand how she'd feel that a man who has no income is not a strong, exciting man who would make her swoon. Also, no money meant that I couldn't go out, and thus did not have any new stories to discuss. Sitting around at home surfing the net all day does not exactly make me look like a Mick Jagger. She did say she wanted more stories from me, and several times asked what I was thinking, to which I more or less had to say, "nothing".

I still hope she breaks up with him though once I transform, though. I don't just mean once I've gotten a job. I mean, once I've completely transformed. I already exercise regularly and have been doing so for a while now, and I'll take up my passions again once I'm not constantly worrying about money. I'll make myself into a highly desirable person, to anyone. She's going to see that I'm a hot rod, and suddenly the rust-bucket she's settled for won't look so good anymore...

Once you've transformed you won't give a honeysuckle about her anymore, let alone him, so hurry up get a job, stop brooding over the silly cow and then find a girl who is worth it.. No, shush... not a word more about her😸

Apart from saying hello in the street when I was out walking my dog yesterday, I haven't spoken to a single person since a telephone call with a friend on Monday. Sometimes my life seems like an endless waste of silent days, leading eventually to nothing.
Must get a grip and stop this thinking.

Feeling excited for Monday <3
Hope I feel better for Monday
Thinking I need to make a thread about this ex Mum friend to see if it's me being over sensitive :-/.
Remembering how much I enjoyed those letters and did genuinely care.

hoping to be well enough tomorrow to cope with the three years old, also hoping they won't stay beyond 5 pm otherwise I will not know how to go to work the day after

This song brings back memories, but I'm not sure weather they're happy or sad.

Tulip23 said:
Anahita said:
I miss my Mum.

*hugs*

jaguarundi said:
It's Mothers Day in the UK, so I am remembering her.

*hugs*

Thanks Tulip. I think anyone who loves their Mum must miss her after she has gone, and wish that they had been more patient, less of a pain sometimes and just generally, want her back. I know I do, but the Alzheimer's took away almost everything she was, and I can't want her back like that. It's me being selfish, really.

In a bad place today and feeling scared that I will grow old alone and lonely, and that no one will be with me when I die someday or even notice/care until days afterwards.

Feeling like I am lost and can't find a way out .
Also alone and depressed.

Elona In a bad place today and feeling scared that I will grow old alone and lonely, and that no one will be with me when I die someday or even notice/care until days afterwards.

Allex Feeling like I am lost and can't find a way out .
Also alone and depressed.

**Hugs** to both of you - hope you are feeling better soon.

Latest posts

Back