What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FindingmyFillory said:
I think a words meaning can change depending on the culture. In dublin we call insulting "slagging". The more you slag some one or the harsher (within reason) you slag them signifies how close you are to the other person. For instance when me or my best friend see each other we say "heya sl*t".... We can call each other that but heaven help anyone else who thought they could.

I'm wondering now how that might seem to tourists who come here and hear us laughing as we make fun of each other and ourselves in such a manner.

I find this very interesting. I am aware of the same phenomenon in other places... I think you might ask yourself what other people from you own city may think if they hear it and don't share in that culture with you. I mean to say, for example, in the gay community some young gay people self-identify with loathsome disgusting slurs and they think nothing of it; while others of us, who are older and who fought NOT to have language like that used to describe us are somewhat distressed with this habit of theirs... it creates some friction. Do you suppose that your habit is as hated by some dubliners?

chris girard said:
FindingmyFillory said:
I think a words meaning can change depending on the culture. In dublin we call insulting "slagging". The more you slag some one or the harsher (within reason) you slag them signifies how close you are to the other person. For instance when me or my best friend see each other we say "heya sl*t".... We can call each other that but heaven help anyone else who thought they could.

I'm wondering now how that might seem to tourists who come here and hear us laughing as we make fun of each other and ourselves in such a manner.

I find this very interesting. I am aware of the same phenomenon in other places... I think you might ask yourself what other people from you own city may think if they hear it and don't share in that culture with you. I mean to say, for example, in the gay community some young gay people self-identify with loathsome disgusting slurs and they think nothing of it; while others of us, who are older and who fought NOT to have language like that used to describe us are somewhat distressed with this habit of theirs... it creates some friction. Do you suppose that your habit is as hated by some dubliners?

Moving this to the debate forum :)

I'm feeling so happy its Friday. I hit my targets yesterday in work so I can take today to answer questions and generally just chill!

I love winter, I really do, but this subzero honeysuckle is ridiculous. Can we get back to an average winter? (The east coast could send me some snow though :club: )

Rodent said:
Danielle said:
Rodent said:
Been feeling rather nauseous the whole day. Then I sat here thinking that I could really go for a whole pot of warm strawberry pudding right now...my body must be an idiot. Or he's pure genius...

To hell with that, I'm just gonna go for it.

Warm strawberry pudding? Im so curious!!! Whatever is that!??

hope you feel better!

Nothing revolutionary about it. :p
It's merely sweet pink-colored pudding with strawberry flavor made from nothing but milk, sugar and ready-made powder mix. Long live the food industry.

...and it actually made me feel better. :D

"ready-made powder" makes me cringe, come here and I'll make you real pudding. (wary)

johnny196775Again said:
If two people have a missunderstanding and one is just not willing to except that it is a missunderstaning where do you go from there?

Well, if one (or both) of the two parties refuses to see what you are saying, I suppose you have the option of agreeing to disagree and letting it go. You could also continue to argue until it gets worse (I don't recommend this one :p ). You could also try saying it in a different perspective, take some time to calm down (both parties) and try again. Maybe explain the situation to someone you are close to and what you said to see if they maybe saw something about it that could have been misinterpreted.

chris girard said:
I notice some people think I have been harsh. That is always the case when a minority speaks up for themselves. It is an intensely ignorant response. Blame the victim.

History always judges such people poorly.

No one is saying that you can't speak up for yourself. I don't like the R word either and generally tend to ask people not to say it if I see it, but it's HOW you say it...WHAT you say. Being rude and insulting to a person won't solve anything unless you are trying to escalate the situation. Not everyone is aware that this word is offensive to some.

FindingmyFillory said:

I think people do that everywhere. I don't see why anyone would look down on it. They would just see that you are close. Well, there are a select few that don't do it and will just look at you as if you are just a vulgar human being, but they'd likely look at you like that if you said "dirty." lol

So yes, I know of the powder mix pudding... but never thought of warming it up! mmmmm... you learn something new everyday!!!!!

Rodent said:
Danielle said:
Rodent said:
Been feeling rather nauseous the whole day. Then I sat here thinking that I could really go for a whole pot of warm strawberry pudding right now...my body must be an idiot. Or he's pure genius...

To hell with that, I'm just gonna go for it.

Warm strawberry pudding? Im so curious!!! Whatever is that!??

hope you feel better!

Nothing revolutionary about it. :p
It's merely sweet pink-colored pudding with strawberry flavor made from nothing but milk, sugar and ready-made powder mix. Long live the food industry.

...and it actually made me feel better. :D

I couldnt post it somewhere else, just releasing the pain here.. hope u would hate me for hiding my pain from u.. i did t coz i didnt want to hurt u more than u already are.. i wish i could tell u how much i loved u, unconditional.. :( I ddnt want to confess bou my pained heart.. i know u will read this sometime.. i am sorry i couldnt look at ur face and tell u how much it hurt.. am sorry for hiding my feelings from u.. hope u could forgive me.. I am sorry i cant ask for ur heart.. am sorry i am not doing the thing every part of me is screaming at me to do.. just because of the consequences i cant take risk of breaking ur heart at one point of life.. coz u know my conditions.. am sorry for not showing u the feeling that i was jealous when u talk bout Her.. i dont wanna confess a thing because am just a coward, responcibility-bound coward who cant even show u true feelings.. and sorry that i ddint tell u that i was crying the whole time i was talking to u.. nd am sotty for asking u to send me that link of the song when it is time and u are the one who wanna end it.. and forgive me that behind every smiling face there was only a tear drop i didnt wann a show u.. i am hoping u would accpt my apology

The instructions said to mix in the powder with boiling milk. I didn't think that could be a new idea to anyone. :p

Suffice to say, I'd surely like to see a real home-made pudding once. I have no clue what ingredients would be necessary in the first place. Yeah, I'm running on artificial food mostly...my mother tried her best though.

Rodent said:
The instructions said to mix in the powder with boiling milk. I didn't think that could be a new idea to anyone. :p

Suffice to say, I'd surely like to see a real home-made pudding once. I have no clue what ingredients would be necessary in the first place. Yeah, I'm running on artificial food mostly...my mother tried her best though.

So basically what you are saying is that you were too impatient once and had to have the pudding right after it was made and couldn't wait for it to cool? lol

I grew up on artificial food too, so I understand it. Pudding is pretty easy, it's just cornstarch/flour, milk and sugar, then whatever flavor you want it to be. Of course there's also the kind with eggs in it.

TheRealCallie said:
So basically what you are saying is that you were too impatient once and had to have the pudding right after it was made and couldn't wait for it to cool? lol

It has nothing to do with patience. It's called 'pudding soup'...this one is actually on my dad, I swear.

TheRealCallie said:
I grew up on artificial food too, so I understand it. Pudding is pretty easy, it's just cornstarch/flour, milk and sugar, then whatever flavor you want it to be. Of course there's also the kind with eggs in it.

That doesn't sound too hard though I hardly have basic cooking ingredients around most of the time. Maybe I'll get more adventurous once I don't have to rely on public transport to get out of my desolate village and into the world of delightful groceries.

Since the loss of my baby three days ago it feels like an eternal fire is burning in my heart.

A friend suggested I share my feelings on the forum, but all I can do is weep.

Mouse said:
Since the loss of my baby three days ago it feels like an eternal fire is burning in my heart.

So sorry to hear this. I have no children so I cannot begin to understand your feelings of loss. Tears are the only thing you will feel for a while, and that's OK.

This forum is good to share, and maybe you could see if there are any other forums or caring groups in your area where you can share with others who have had the same experience, when you are ready.

Mouse said:

Crying is sharing too, Mouse. Don't cry alone I am here for you.

PenDragon said:
Mouse said:

Your presence is so comforting to me right now, dear. I so appreciate your friendship.

*Mouse hugs*

Mouse said:
PenDragon said:
Mouse said:

Your presence is so comforting to me right now, dear. I so appreciate your friendship.

*Mouse hugs*

:)
Another one...*Dragon hug*

And one also from me to Dragon - *Mouse Hugs*

and forgetting my please in giving Lonely in BC ~

*Mouse Hugs* too! :D

I had wondered when things would escalate again between my brother and my father when it comes down to the "weekend jobs". My dad will never learn to announce these things earlier. So many things are taken for granted. Suddenly we have to chop wood and cut down trees...but everything was always "known for months". He knows well enough that my brother gives himself a hard time when he's not around or has to do stuff on his own for a change.

I just leave the room reluctantly saying "Just tell me when we start". Because it's just business. Another job in a line of jobs which equate to my life.

I hear if you say "Inception" three times Leonardo DiCaprio will appear in your room and look at you with a brooding expression on his face.

Latest posts

Back