What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November 3rd: Hallowtide is officially over. I can now listen to Christmas carols if I want to. (Not that I want to, lol.)

Solivagant said:
November 3rd: Hallowtide is officially over. I can now listen to Christmas carols if I want to. (Not that I want to, lol.)

You could pretend you're american and go turkey hunting. I could have bagged about 30 just driving around over here. They are everywhere.

kamya said:
Solivagant said:

You could pretend you're american and go turkey hunting. I could have bagged about 30 just driving around over here. They are everywhere.

Ugh, hunting season....it's getting to be that time of year again, isn't it. I have come to hate that color of orange. lol

They ******* better stay off my property this year! :club:

I don't understand how she works. I don't trust her work. I have to clean up her messes and fix her errors. I was so close to just telling her off today, but I need more patience. But how can I? She isn't a newbie.

It's never too good to be true... if it is, it'll only be short-lived.

TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:
Hard cider, I suppose? Never thought of it that way. My favourite ones weren't available so I had to make do with the next best that I know of, a Magners. A Kopparberg would've been nice.

Mmm. I've had Woodchuck, Hornsby's, and of course regular cider that you can drink as-is or mix with something like rum, which can also be dee-lish. I don't think I've had Magners before though, but I've wanted to since they had an ad which made me chuckle.

Are Woodchuck and Hornsby's good? I've never had those either. Why did their ad make you chuckle?

I forgot my own name for a full minute. That's only happened once before, after the car accident. I don't even have that excuse this time. I've spent too much time doing this, I need a change. What on earth is happening?

ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:
Mmm. I've had Woodchuck, Hornsby's, and of course regular cider that you can drink as-is or mix with something like rum, which can also be dee-lish. I don't think I've had Magners before though, but I've wanted to since they had an ad which made me chuckle.

Are Woodchuck and Hornsby's good? I've never had those either. Why did their ad make you chuckle?

I think they're good. I'm not sure if they're available where you are but here in the US they can be found fairly easily (at least where I've been anyway). Woodchuck is the sweeter of the two, and it comes in a few varieties. I prefer Hornsby's because it is not as sweet and to me tastes more like a beer with cider flavor.

The Magners ad made me chuckle because it was an old apple farmer saying "feck off, bees" (they seem to have a thing with bees) and "feck" is a phrase used often on one of my favorite shows, Father Ted. The ad actually caused some controversy when they started running it, but they let it go when they determined that "feck" was harmless.

AmytheTemperamental said:
My eyes hurt. Stop making me glare at you.

Hey hey, welcome back! :)

kamya said:

I am American. =] There are lots of wild turkeys roaming around where I live too, but I would rather watch them than eat them. I love animals and hunting is not something I'd do except as a necessity of survival. I do enjoy target practice though. I'd like to learn how to track as well, just because.

Thanksgiving never sticks out to me much. It's basically Christmas Junior.

But thanksgiving is clearly the superior holiday :O Christmas has always been not that exciting to me mostly because my birthday is on new year's eve. And its always a complicated game of visiting all of the parents and grandparents. And then there's no time to relax.

kamya said:
And its always a complicated game of visiting all of the parents and grandparents. And then there's no time to relax.

Thanksgiving is the same in my family. It's basically just Christmas without gifts, lol.

TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:

I think they're good. I'm not sure if they're available where you are but here in the US they can be found fairly easily (at least where I've been anyway). Woodchuck is the sweeter of the two, and it comes in a few varieties. I prefer Hornsby's because it is not as sweet and to me tastes more like a beer with cider flavor.

The Magners ad made me chuckle because it was an old apple farmer saying "feck off, bees" (they seem to have a thing with bees) and "feck" is a phrase used often on one of my favorite shows, Father Ted. The ad actually caused some controversy when they started running it, but they let it go when they determined that "feck" was harmless.

Ah okay, I'll make a note of those two brands of cider. Perhaps someday I'll get to try them.

Hah... I see now about the ad. I might just go search and have a look myself. Thanks for sharing these.

That lass at work putting her arm around me twice.
And also pulling her shirt up and showing me her belly.

I am so going to learn to ski this winter - but where? and: will I have the nerve to go by myself?

Triple Bogey said:
That lass at work putting her arm around me twice.
And also pulling her shirt up and showing me her belly.

I'd say if you want to, you're all clear to follow up on that. Don't let it go too long and don't let nerves or the past talk you out of it. Just be here, now. Go for it if you want to.

Peaches said:
I am so going to learn to ski this winter - but where? and: will I have the nerve to go by myself?

Neat. I only went twice, myself, but it was a lot of fun! All I can say is, don't be afraid to take it nice and easy. There's no shame in taking lessons and going slow on the bunny hills, especially for a beginner. I'd probably have to start all over again too since I went so long ago. I'm sure you'll have fun though! Keep us posted on your skiing adventures :)

Latest posts

Back