What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, let's just go ahead and use whatever words we want on this forum that is basically filled with oversensitive people who may or may not be offended by NON curse words....hmmm, yeah, good idea.   :rolleyes:
That rule has been around for a LONG time and I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been around for a long time did not know about that particular rule...especially when I know it's been discussed many times on the forum and in chat....

Just so it's clear, that word is also forbidden in chat, so don't even try to go say it in there.  (that applies to everyone, not just one in particular)

TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, let's just go ahead and use whatever words we want on this forum that is basically filled with oversensitive people who may or may not be offended by NON curse words....hmmm, yeah, good idea.   :rolleyes:
That rule has been around for a LONG time and I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been around for a long time did not know about that particular rule...especially when I know it's been discussed many times on the forum and in chat....

Just so it's clear, that word is also forbidden in chat, so don't even try to go say it in there.  (that applies to everyone, not just one in particular)

I'm in the middle on this.

I didn't know the C word was expressly forbidden here, but I assumed it probably was.  In any event, it's not a word I use a lot. It's not like I swear my head off all the time.  I'd never do so to somebody I don't know.  Time and place is important.

TheLoadedDog said:
I'm in the middle on this.

I didn't know the C word was expressly forbidden here, but I assumed it probably was.  In any event, it's not a word I use a lot. It's not like I swear my head off all the time.  I'd never do so to somebody I don't know.  Time and place is important.

You're still relatively newish and the people who usually said the word have been gone for a while, so I understand you not really knowing about the rule, but the people who have been here longer than a year and post fairly often are the ones I'm talking about.

But hell, while we're at it, why don't we just allow nudity and insults on the forum too? I mean, why not, people have no right to be offended or uncomfortable here, right?

It's about context. I'm not about to post nudity and nor are you. I haven't once said the C word should be allowed here, for chrissakes. I'm just saying that in some countries, it's a little more lenient, but that doesn't mean I'm going to walk into a store and say, "give me a packet of cigarettes, you c...". As I said, time and place. My 86 year old aunt is very proper and speaks with a posh accent. She also swears like a ******* trooper. Time and place.

TheLoadedDog said:
It's about context.  I'm not about to post nudity and nor are you.  I haven't once said the C word should be allowed here, for chrissakes.  I'm just saying that in some countries, it's a little more lenient, but that doesn't mean I'm going to walk into a store and say, "give me a packet of cigarettes, you c...".   As I said, time and place.  My 86 year old aunt is very proper and speaks with a posh accent.  She also swears like a ******* trooper.  Time and place.

No no, that second part wasn't in reference to you.

OK...

Now I'm going to give a subtle language warning about the attatched file which does contain a typographical image of the C word, and may offend.

**COARSE LANGUAGE WARNING COARSE LANGUAGE WARNING  DANGER WILL ROBINSON  MAYDAY MAYDAY DIVE DIVE DIVE **

That might do the trick.  The British might get it.  :D

Attachments

• Cword.jpg
    Cword.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 13
This was a wonderful piece of serendipity. My sister sent it to me just now. She has no knowledge of this discussion or even knowledge that ALL exists at all. And my sister is quite conservative (by Australian standards, anyway...)

******* baffles me that people actually get mad when they don't get what they want. I'm so sick of people.

To have someone who actually wants to do something with their life... I'd rather be alone, because I can do bad all by myself.

Latest posts

Back