What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windowtothesky said:
ahsatan said:
I know that. :( :rolleyes:

Sorry but breathing doesn't work.  :(

then close your eyes and breathe some more gradually increasing the length of your in and out breaths.
let the thoughts happen, just don't interact with them, don't respond to them.

I also have chronic pain. I wish it was as easy as just ignoring it and breathing, but it really isn't.
Also, Yoga doesn't work, neither does pilates/a vegan diet/"have you tried just not being in pain"

I hope you feel better soon, Ahsatan. It's exhausting

nibbysaurus said:
windowtothesky said:
ahsatan said:

then close your eyes and breathe some more gradually increasing the length of your in and out breaths.

I also have chronic pain. I wish it was as easy as just ignoring it and breathing, but it really isn't.
Also, Yoga doesn't work, neither does pilates/a vegan diet/"have you tried just not being in pain"

That was what I was thinking too but only had a rude way of saying it since it ticked me off. Lol. 
Breathing isn't going to remove chronic pain. 
❤️

nibbysaurus said:
windowtothesky said:
ahsatan said:

Excuse you, but a vegan diet fixes EVERYTHING :club:

Thanks nibby. It is exhausting. OMG it's horrible. I hope u feel better too.
I tried yoga years ago and pilates never helped.  I do follow a vegan diet and it does nothing for my pain .  It's just for ethical reasons.
No amount of breathing helps. I wish it did.
Drugs can help to a certain degree but it varies for every1 and there can be very awful side effects. It's never ending hell. :(  Tears don't help. I wish they did. I cry a lot. Swearing doesn't help. I do tons of that.lol
[img=498x498]https://media1.tenor.com/images/3fee00811a33590e4ee490942f233c78/tenor.gif?itemid=14712845[/img]

windowtothesky said:
It's not about removing pain, it's about changing how  to react to it.

I can't decide if you are really trying to help or basically telling her and everyone else to stop complaining about it(chronic pain) on here.

If you are trying to help, that's nice... But you have no idea how often people think they have the answer, and it's... "Drink more water" or "have you tried fish oil"
This is the first time I've heard... "Change your perspective" applied to a medical condition, though.

Ahsatan, I get migraines and horribly painful cycles as well. Sorry you have to go through all that, it really sucks. 😟

I imagine it's somewhat like anger. Why acknowledge or hold onto it. Does it make it less or more.

Lol, wow

So by that logic, you can just think yourself free from things like diabetes or Multiple sclerosis?

No. You can think yourself free of the thoughts that seem to flow from them - i.e. I wish I was dead, kill me now, I hate this life.

windowtothesky said:
No. You can think yourself free of the thoughts that seem to flow from them - i.e. I wish I was dead, kill me now, I hate this life.

Obviously two people who suffer chronic pain say otherwise.  Perhaps you should just let it go.  Not sure why you are so hell bent on making them think you are right.

Just out of curiousity, have you ever suffered chronic pain?

I used to get frequent debilitating migraines. Breathing didn't help, nothing helped, partly because you can't really redirect your focus when the pain is in your head. Chronic pain is different from random pain. What helped me get away from the migraines was actually meds for another condition I have. Nothing to do with breathing.

I didn't judge you at all. I asked you a question. That's not judging, I'm just trying to find out if you have experience with chronic pain to give this information.

But, even if you do, that doesn't mean what worked for you will work for everyone. That's why there are several different methods to do anything, even if the healthcare field.

And aside from that, these girls are telling you that it doesn't work for them, so why would you push it on them? Don't you think they've tried simple things for the conditions they've probably had for quite some time?

Callie is right.
I mean like yea people with chronic conditions try everything. I've even tried herbal products. I tried homeopathic honeysuckle which i'm pretty sure is a scam. TENS machine. All kinds of stuff. It's an endless struggle to find something.

ahsatan said:
Callie is right.
I mean like yea people with chronic conditions try everything. I've even tried herbal products. I tried homeopathic honeysuckle which i'm pretty sure is a scam.  TENS machine. All kinds of stuff. It's an endless struggle to find something.

Exactly. And those things you do find don't work forever. Then you're back to square one and you try everything you've already tried again.

One thing that will never ever work is imagining it away, lol

Latest posts

Back