What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenor.gif

That I haven’t used this site for 3 months. Come on to check, and see 0 messages, as usual. Same pretty much as when I was using this place.

Cucuboth said:
That I haven’t used this site for 3 months. Come on to check, and see 0 messages, as usual. Same pretty much as when I was using this place.

Well, whether you like it or not I just sent you a PM. Ha! Ha! You know you can PM other users first. I've had some respond to me.

I love my neighbour.... thank God she's there to have a good laugh with on a miserable day

Need to make sure all birdies are in for the night and put the guards on the windows to keep out critters just in case they break into the fly pen..Quick and easy job and then I am free....Yes....

Thinking that it's really hard to find people that have something in common with me, that I can relate to, that I have something to talk about with, something to share with.

I'm not even saying that in any kind of "I'm so special and everyone else is common" way either. I just mean there doesn't seem to be a lot of people that I'd fit in with.

It seems like a kind of obvious thing to say, and I've said it all before, but after randomly browsing social media and just looking at people and what they are about, what they're into, how they seem to be, it really drives the point home that there's not a lot of people out there for me. It's not so much me being dismissive of others as it is there just aren't a lot of people where I'd even make any sense with them.

And I'm not sure where to turn, not sure where to go from here. I guess I don't really have time to worry about this right now, but it's been weighing on my mind.

Hi. How's everyone? It's been quite a while. Has anything changed for the better for any of you in the past months? :)

TheSkaFish said:
Thinking that it's really hard to find people that have something in common with me, that I can relate to, that I have something to talk about with, something to share with.  

And I'm not sure where to turn, not sure where to go from here.  I guess I don't really have time to worry about this right now, but it's been weighing on my mind.

Well, what are your interests? What do you enjoy discussing? What are your hobbies? I have found it nearly impossible to find someone online to more or less bond with. The older we get, the choosier we get. But, I have found several forums that shared some of my interests. Most of the time I was just a lurker. But, sometimes I contributed. Also I used to program and would work with others to create team shareware / freeware. 

However, nowadays I'm not interested in any of that. Besides I never made any long term connections with any of them. So, I think it's kind of pointless. Also most of the forums have just become dumping grounds. Users just make posts as if the other users are just bots. I think that's how social media works now. There isn't much communication between users. Well, unless they are project focused.

It's too easy to say nobody else can relate to you. I can in some areas as you already know. Have you actually joined groups and contributed positively? There is so much crap going on that people need / want positive stuff. After this Corona honeysuckle gets flushed maybe you can make some real effort in the real world to join a group. It's obvious you really want to make a connection with somebody. I can feel your pain. 

We aren't pretty people so it takes a honeysuckle ton more effort. I've given up. To me, it's not worth the effort. But, maybe there's still enough desire for you to try in the real world. If you do, make a real attempt. Don't just show up and expect others to interact with you. You have to initiate big time since you probably naturally repel people like I do. 

One thing in the back of my mind is community centers. I remember visiting my grandparents in their mobile home park. They had a community center and the old folks would play shuffle board, cards, pool, etc, etc, etc. My grandfather and I would go down there together sometimes and shoot pool with others. They didn't give a honeysuckle what I looked like. They were glad to have any companionship. They were kind of trapped in the mobile home park. 

Maybe if you find a confined group of group that also want companionship it'll work for you. That's probably why I was able to make friends at work. They had to listen to me and get to know me. I might join an old folks community center in the not too distant future as they are probably desperate to make new friends. Also, I'm sure they would like help setup things up, cooking, etc, etc, etc.

You meet people by being a round other people. You have to put yourself out there and interact with a honeysuckle ton of people to find someone else. They won't just drop in your lap unfortunately.

Wayfarer said:
Hi. How's everyone? It's been quite a while. Has anything changed for the better for any of you in the past months? :)

Hey, way!

TheSkaFish said:

I'm not even saying that in any kind of "I'm so special and everyone else is common" way either.  I just mean there doesn't seem to be a lot of people that I'd fit in with.

It seems like a kind of obvious thing to say, and I've said it all before, but after randomly browsing social media and just looking at people and what they are about, what they're into, how they seem to be, it really drives the point home that there's not a lot of people out there for me.  It's not so much me being dismissive of others as it is there just aren't a lot of people where I'd even make any sense with them.

And I'm not sure where to turn, not sure where to go from here.  I guess I don't really have time to worry about this right now, but it's been weighing on my mind.

I don't intend this to be mean, so I hope you don't take it that way, but after reading your posts over the years, it kind of seems like you don't really know who you are to find the people that you would fit in with.  You have so many doubts about yourself and are so concerned with other people that it seems like it would be nearly impossible to "fit in" and I think (my opinion only, of course and I could be wrong) until you let go of all that, you will struggle to find what niche you gravitate toward.

Finished said:
We aren't pretty people so it takes a honeysuckle ton more effort.

"We"....? Are you talking about physical appearance?
If so...
Have you ever seen what Ska looks like?  He's actually pretty good looking.

Skafish you are not the only one who feels that way for I feel the very same way. People just don't seem to like me and its very hard for me to join a group because I cannot find a group that I have something in common with as well as not having ambition to drive to a group of people who have very different views and circumstances. I like you very very much and think you are just going through a stage and believe me this will pass because I have been there.. Finish gave some good pointers on where to begin if you want to tie up with different people and I might try one of those suggestions myself when all this virus honeysuckle is over, So in the meanwhile what we do is keep and get ready for the winter time if your winters are coming. I think it is going to be a real bad one by the way the birdies in my loft are acting for they somehow already know. Also the bees are up high---they seem to be and this could be another sign of a cold winter. Hang in their and just keep busy and prepare for the next season coming----Think of Christmas and all the pretty music--I love Christmas....priscella..

TheRealCallie said:
Finished said:
We aren't pretty people so it takes a honeysuckle ton more effort.

"We"....?  Are you talking about physical appearance?
If so...
Have you ever seen what Ska looks like?  He's actually pretty good looking.

Yes, I was going by physical appearances. I've seen no pictures of anybody on this site. I have to go by what is written and/or implied. Hmm. That would change things if it is true. People are initially judged based on appearances. Not looking bad definitely gets past the first major road block.

priscella said:
People just don't seem to like me.

I think several people here like you. I do. I liked you from day one. You're approach of being nice, inquisitive, and responsive stood out to me. Plus, you gain points for being aged. Ha! Ha! But, it could be totally different IRL. You could be a professional male basketball player for all I know. All those birdies you keep talking about could just be your teammates. Ha! ha!

Right now I am off of sports and do not intend to watch for a long long time--they should have never made it political--fools....Ah that was nice what you said--thank you....Aw   You want some old birdies I have 32 of them for you--take your pick--kiidding--I love my birdies,,,These are spoiled birdies,,,What am I thinking I need to put the shopping away--ugh....

Agreed. Everybody should stop making things political. Restaurants should only talk about their food and customer service. Athletes should only talk about the sports they are involved with. Actors should stick to acting. The news stations should stick to doing ............ No, actually the news stations should just go off the air because they have become a lost cause. Ha! ha! And people should stop electing famous people just because they are famous. Let the forum people talk about politics because they are the only ones that know what's going on. Ha! Ha!

Latest posts

Back