What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the hard drives is completely dead. I tried to restore the bad sectors but it finished off the drive. However, the other one just needed to be reformatted. It hadn't been "cleaned" for a few years. The tend to loose their magnetic coding after awhile. I'm sure glad I backup everything. It would suck to have the drive in use and it's backup to go bad at the same time. But, I don't feel like triple backing everything up.

It's that time of year again. Why the HELL are college textbooks so **** expensive. Does one really need to charge $250 for a book that is going to be used a few months only? Ridiculous :club:

Finished said:
One of the hard drives is completely dead. I tried to restore the bad sectors but it finished off the drive. However, the other one just needed to be reformatted. It hadn't been "cleaned" for a few years. The tend to loose their magnetic coding after awhile. I'm sure glad I backup everything. It would suck to have the drive in use and it's backup to go bad at the same time. But, I don't feel like triple backing everything up.

I worry about that all the time :(  It's been a while since I did that myself, but I just never feel like backing up all my files across multiple laptops.

TheRealCallie said:
It's that time of year again.  Why the HELL are college textbooks so **** expensive.  Does one really need to charge $250 for a book that is going to be used a few months only?  Ridiculous :club:

Look them up and see if they aren't online in .pdf format somewhere ;)

TheRealCallie said:
It's that time of year again.  Why the HELL are college textbooks so **** expensive.  Does one really need to charge $250 for a book that is going to be used a few months only?  Ridiculous :club:

What the heck? For that price they better do the homework for you too.

TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:

Look them up and see if they aren't online in .pdf format somewhere ;)

I do. I got the looseleaf edition for $100 cheaper.  The new version comes with something, so it had to  be new for that one.  I did go PDF on some and found them cheaper on other sites for others, but it's just bullshit.

TheRealCallie said:
I did go PDF on some and found them cheaper on other sites for others, but it's just bullshit.
The new version comes with something, so it had to  be new for that one. 

Oh, I meant like find a .pdf file of the book and download it totally for free....y'arr matey!

But yeah, the supplements, CDs and what-not, the extras that you need, that's how they get you. I definitely don't miss buying textbooks.

Many years ago I had to make a photo gallery of good looking cars for someone and in the end it was never viewed. I think of stuff like that.

TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:
I did go PDF on some and found them cheaper on other sites for others, but it's just bullshit.
The new version comes with something, so it had to  be new for that one. 

Oh, I meant like find a .pdf file of the book and download it totally for free....y'arr matey!

But yeah, the supplements, CDs and what-not, the extras that you need, that's how they get you.  I definitely don't miss buying textbooks.

Yeah, that's what I meant too.  I'm good at finding cheap and/or free stuff, but honestly, it seems to be getting harder and harder every semester.  He still needs to get a few other things, but it's all online honeysuckle, so that can be bought later.  Total book bill for this semester so far is $500, including tax and shipping.

Car park full at 6 in the morning doing grocery shopping,get trolleys pushed into me ,me glasses misting up it's too traumatic think I'll just sit here,no better help out or I just get a bollicking.

The veggie isle was a nightmare whilst the rest of the supermarket half full.Why don't they put the potatoes and Brussels amongst say the booze and the canned stuff..so simple really.I would make a great CEO of a Supermarket.

Yea WhatsApp.. umm yea good for having family you want to join in for Christmas games,quizzes but family you avoid cause you just don't get on having them in your lounge with your newly lit fire for one HOUR nah I'll go hide upstairs

To unfriend or not to unfriend, that is the question...

Thumbing through old Facebook posts from the early 2010s. Man...I was so hopeful then that I was finally going to meet someone, that I was finally going to "click"...

It didn't matter anyway though, as most of the people in question turned out to not be what I hoped they would be. They got into some really wacky stuff, that I disagree with a lot/just don't get. Dark stuff, vulgarity for vulgarity's sake, things like that. I thought they were mystical but most of it turned out to be nonsense.

I felt so differently then in some ways, things that have happened since then, kind of make all that stuff seem silly now, and most of the people irrelevant.

TheSkaFish said:
To unfriend or not to unfriend, that is the question...

I went with "unfriend".

Removed someone from my FB that I had a crush on from 2012-2013ish or so, that I thought might be cool but turned out to not be what I thought she might be at first. 

She got into some really weird stuff that I wasn't interested in, didn't agree with, and didn't like.  And she got big into her ego as well.

Also, I went back and read over our messages, and while she complimented my music taste and we chit-chatted about some philosophical/mystical stuff, I felt like in the end we didn't really have that much to talk about. Honestly, I don't think she was actually that deep. I feel like she was just a hipster, just into the image of depth, and being "edgy". I don't think I could have shared that many of my interests with her or that I would have felt good around her, or able to let down my guard and just live. I don't think she was a very emotionally warm person.

It feels like I shed a little weight, resolved something, made a decision, streamlined my life down to save my energy for the people and things that really matter to me.  

At the same time, it just kinda reminds me - I never really fit in with the "normal" crowd, I wasn't their kind of person, and it didn't satisfy me anyway. But I don't seem to fit in with the "weird" people either. I don't feel a need to be as "edgy" as they are. I wonder who I do belong with, if there's anyone at all.

I tell myself that everyone probably feels that way... And maybe that's true. Doesn't really help, though.
I've never really felt like I've fit in anywhere either.

There's been a lot these days.

For the first time, all the adults in my house were able to talk about the cloud that hangs over the holidays in our house. It goes back to growing up with the alcoholism, which was especially hard over the holidays. For myself, the holidays have always been the,"Hide in your room and be unseen" time. Although I remain seen, I still notice I have little knee-jerk reactions that cause me to want to retreat.

My mother and sister have done well at creating little traditions for the kids in the house. I, however, still don't feel like my involvement is enough. My sister very much tries to compensate with material things. I do, as well, but I cut way back this year. Everything was from the heart.

There's a lot of unknowns. And while I am doing my best to allow things to fall into place, I am wondering which things would be okay for me to answer for myself.

I have had suicidal thoughts for week. I hate admitting that.

I am seeing that I haven't given a lot of people chances in my past. Over the last week, I have enjoyed having conversations in places that I normally would have avoided. Dare I say, I am excited for many more? That's what is keeping me going.

I am craving doritos and lasagna. I bet some kind of taco lasagna would be perfect.

There's too many songs, and not enough ears on my head.

I really dislike when someone replies to my "I'm ok" with "That's good"

Coffee is wonderful.

How could anyone think you aren't great? Screw them.

I am pulling for you here of course and am wishing for nothing but the best for you in this coming year. All except for this of course:

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I have had suicidal thoughts for week. I hate admitting that.

Now I got to be concerned about this for the entire year I am gone? No Ma’am. You are too good of a person, too good of a mother and too good of a friend in here to many, many people to entertain these thoughts. Everyone feels down and overwhelmed. Stop, take a breather, count your blessings and keep going.

I hope I made some kind of sense.

I am craving doritos and lasagna. I bet some kind of taco lasagna would be perfect.

What the hell is this?

How could anyone think you aren't great?

Ah HA! I bet a lot of people already think this about you. Enough said. :)

That actually sounds good. The crunch and taco flavor would go well with the tomato sauce, cheese, and noodles. I used to make a taco salad out of cheese and macaroni with chili and hot sauce. Mmmm.

Latest posts

Back