What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I see an inspirational quote that is a bit too focused on the power of the individual or that indulges a bit too much in how great and independent somebody is, I just want to post a picture of Hitler or another dictator underneath it for the sake of juxtaposition. Try it, it makes for some great humor. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I probably used a quote like that once in my life as well, but I think I can laugh it off...

Rodent said:
Whenever I see an inspirational quote that is a bit too focused on the power of the individual or that indulges a bit too much in how great and independent somebody is, I just want to post a picture of Hitler or another dictator underneath it for the sake of juxtaposition. Try it, it makes for some great humor. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I probably used a quote like that once in my life as well, but I think I can laugh it off...

We agree. :D

Rodent said:

Coco-Chanel.jpg

Rodent said:

Can you elaborate on 'the power of the individual'?
Im failing to see how being 'great and independent' is bad and what it has to do with Hitler?

That's for Callie.

5Ub6Q3w.jpg

HypnoGhost said:
Can you elaborate on 'the power of the individual'?
Im failing to see how being 'great and independent' is bad and what it has to do with Hitler?

I hope this makes my point for me.

2wES1RP.jpg

I have not posted here for a long time, but it's nice to see some familiar faces.

Cant work, want to but cant, feeling so down. Having a manic depressive episode, a long, persisting one. I cant think clearly, my mind is fogged up, there is static in my mind.

HypnoGhost said:

For the record, the point is not that these features or messages are bad in and of themselves, but how easy it is to turn them on their head.

Latest posts

Back