What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna go. . . (4-hour road trip to see hubby's brother and family - fine to see them, just not into a road trip)

I think you just need a cooler car 🏎️ that will make the drive more entertaining :)
You're taking a grand tour, so that calls for a proper grand tourer.

Nah I'm kidding, I get it. 4 hours is a lot. 3 is about my max, before it gets to start feeling like a little much. Hope you have a good weekend catching up with family.

I think you just need a cooler car 🏎️ that will make the drive more entertaining :)
You're taking a grand tour, so that calls for a proper grand tourer.

Nah I'm kidding, I get it. 4 hours is a lot. 3 is about my max, before it gets to start feeling like a little much. Hope you have a good weekend catching up with family.
Haha. Yeah, a cool little MG roadster with a Union Jack painted on the hood would be cool. . . or a nice vintage car from the 20’s or 30’s would be great.

Thanks! I’m a bit of a homebody (OK, a LOT of a homebody) - trips are always stressful, but I’m sure I’ll have some fun too.

I was thinking last week about how several superheroes, like Batman or Iron Man, also conveniently happen to be filthy rich. Of course, according to the lore they're good people, they use their wealth for good. I'm not faulting them for that. But it's like, they would have to be rich in order to have the time to invent all that technology, or learn different sciences, or martial arts, or whatever it is they need to learn in order to be superheroes. It must be nice to be able to say, "I don't have to worry about money, so I'm going to master this topic or skill that looks interesting to me."

But when would a non-rich person have the time to learn everything you need to be a superhero? You almost have to depend on luck, like just being born with powers, or being given them by someone, or being in the right place at the right time - because you certainly don't have that much time to get them yourself. It's as if regular people don't have the time, energy, or resources to be adventurers, and to break out of mundane life.

I wish I could focus on getting good at things and knowledgeable at things that mattered to me, instead of having to focus on something just to make money. I feel like the need to make money is like running on a treadmill, you wear yourself out, but never seem to go forward.

I'm thinking that it takes about three heaping spoonfuls of coffee grounds, to 12 cups of water, for it to taste like proper coffee, and not just vaguely coffee-flavored water. Got to keep this ratio in mind.

I'm thinking that it takes about three heaping spoonfuls of coffee grounds, to 12 cups of water, for it to taste like proper coffee, and not just vaguely coffee-flavored water. Got to keep this ratio in mind.
I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup and didn't fill it completely. That sat beside my coffee machine.

If it's the Spoon that comes in the coffee cans (not sure what kind he gets), that's a tablespoon. 3 heaping tablespoons would probably be very close to 1/4 cup.
I went on the side of caution because Google told me my method was 4tbsp 🤣 I can't be seen to be more crazy than Ska

If it's the Spoon that comes in the coffee cans (not sure what kind he gets), that's a tablespoon. 3 heaping tablespoons would probably be very close to 1/4 cup.

No, it's some kind of measuring spoon we have here. I forget what the actual measurement is, I just grab it and use it when I'm still groggy in the morning.

The coffee itself is just Maxwell House. It's alright. I'm not some kind of coffee hipster!

No, it's some kind of measuring spoon we have here. I forget what the actual measurement is, I just grab it and use it when I'm still groggy in the morning.

The coffee itself is just Maxwell House. It's alright. I'm not some kind of coffee hipster!
Ain't about being a coffee hipster. Some are just better than others. I never really cared for Maxwell House. Also don't like the Walmart brand or Starbucks. McDonald's is actually pretty **** good though.

Haha. Yeah, a cool little MG roadster with a Union Jack painted on the hood would be cool.
It's only the Union Jack when mounted on a warship that isn't in a Harbour, on the hood of a car it's the Union Flag.

Pedantic? me? how dare you ;)

Latest posts

Back