What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking that life is so ******* fragile and tenuous. Love those you have as they may be suddenly gone. My stepfather died in a head-on collision last night, just got a phone call from the RCMP a couple of hours ago. I feel sick. :cry:
I'm so sorry

I'm thinking that life is so ******* fragile and tenuous. Love those you have as they may be suddenly gone. My stepfather died in a head-on collision last night, just got a phone call from the RCMP a couple of hours ago. I feel sick. :cry:
How awful, so sorry x

I can’t imagine what you must be going through. I’m so sorry for your loss. If you need a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear or anything else I'm here. (hugs) x

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Condolences to your entire family.

Yesterday in our arms.
Today in our memories.
Forever in our hearts.

I need to rant. Urgh what a surprise my Daughter comes home in tears again after seeing her Dad. He just launches into a tirade of she is wasting her time in College (before uni in the UK) and she could have been a Manager now if she hadn't wasted her time with her studies. Never mind what she will be doing when qualified will give her a decent living and be fulfilling. She works part time as well usually doing about 20 hours a week as well as studying, I'm incredibly proud of her. He then told her that he will never go to a lesbian wedding (she is a lesbian). Why isn't he a supervisor or Manager after working where he has for 25 years? She has been with her girlfriend a few years and who knows if they will stay together longer term. Why say that? Her girlfriend is one of the loveliest people I know and love them together, they compliment each other so well. Why wouldn't you be proud of that? He can never be happy for anyone. He is so cocky with it to her like he is happy and living his best life, is he if he needs to pick at this. He didn't attack her brother? He works roughly same hours but he just has the job. Urgh rant over.

I really don't understand some people. You sit there and keep saying how busy you are (even though it doesn't really seem like you have all that much to do to me), but then you get a little pissy when our schedules don't line up to meet. I'm sorry that the two days of the week you work happen to be the two days that I'm the least busy. I'm sorry it's the holidays, which makes things even crazier. I'm sorry that I'm a single ******* mother who works at least 50 hours a week and I have to drive my kids around everywhere they need to go because there's no one else that is going to be bothered to help me out. I'm sorry I also have several other commitments. And no, I'm not just going to allow you to come to my house when I don't ******* know you. You could literally be anyone, you could be putting on an act. So no, fresia that, if we meet, it will be in a public place. I mean seriously, get the fresia over yourself, dude. I'm trying, but I'm getting mixed signals that kind of seem a little red flaggish.

Should I try to set all that honeysuckle up by myself when I was only meant to be assisting or should I make another pot of coffee curl up in my chair and watch Archer?

I need to rant. Urgh what a surprise my Daughter comes home in tears again after seeing her Dad. He just launches into a tirade of she is wasting her time in College (before uni in the UK) and she could have been a Manager now if she hadn't wasted her time with her studies. Never mind what she will be doing when qualified will give her a decent living and be fulfilling. She works part time as well usually doing about 20 hours a week as well as studying, I'm incredibly proud of her. He then told her that he will never go to a lesbian wedding (she is a lesbian). Why isn't he a supervisor or Manager after working where he has for 25 years? She has been with her girlfriend a few years and who knows if they will stay together longer term. Why say that? Her girlfriend is one of the loveliest people I know and love them together, they compliment each other so well. Why wouldn't you be proud of that? He can never be happy for anyone. He is so cocky with it to her like he is happy and living his best life, is he if he needs to pick at this. He didn't attack her brother? He works roughly same hours but he just has the job. Urgh rant over.

I hear you. Finding fulfilling work is something I wish more people respected, and that we as a society respected, instead of this weird, medieval-minded, misery cult that we have instead. "But people have to be ditch diggers too!" they say. Well, maybe not anymore in the technological age. Automating all unengaging work that no one actually wants to do, to free up time of people's lives to pursue their true interests, is actually a big dream of mine, and if I were better at STEM and more interested I might have thrown myself into it myself.

Your daughter might have been a manager by now at whatever her dad was talking about, but he's only seeing things from his point of view, not your daughter's. Maybe he didn't value education, but your daughter does. It doesn't matter if she would have been a manager by now or not, if that's not what she wants to do with her life, and she wants to do what she is studying for instead.

The difference between dragging yourself to a job that bores you to tears and that you hate, and doing something that you actually find interesting and engaging, is huge. Who wants to look back on their life and feel like it was just a miserable slog to survive, just to be miserable tomorrow, all so whoever owns the place can make even more money, get even more status, and buy more toys?

I say if someone actually does manage to find fulfilling AND good-paying work, that's something that should be encouraged, not scoffed at. The rest of us should be so lucky as to be able to find it.

And as far as the sexual orientation goes, my understanding of it is that it isn't a choice, you just are what you are. So that's not something he should hold against your daughter, either. Blaming someone for just being themselves, when it's not actually harming anyone else, makes no sense.

I need to rant. Urgh what a surprise my Daughter comes home in tears again after seeing her Dad.
And this would have to happen on Christmas!

He then told her that he will never go to a lesbian wedding (she is a lesbian).
Ok, well I am sure you all will have a good time anyways, right? And you will avoid a lot of uncomfortable looks and comments
Her girlfriend is one of the loveliest people I know and love them together, they compliment each other so well. Why wouldn't you be proud of that? He can never be happy for anyone.
They're happy? They make each other smile? Which one of us lonely people in here wouldn't want that? I'll raise my hand to this and I'd love to be with a girl who would compliment me.

You tell her she is doing nothing wrong.

He sounds like a real charmer.

Yes and Serenia gave that Jewel up? 😂😂 Look out, girls, because it sounds like he's available.

He sounds like a cruel, hateful, and judgmental man. I'm really sorry he treated your daughter that way.
He is everything you said and hence being apart for 13 years lol. Thanks she's feeling a bit better now, but each remark always leaves a little mark. His own Mum asked her is she wants to stop contact with him as she wouldn't blame her.

And this would have to happen on Christmas!

Ok, well I am sure you all will have a good time anyways, right? And you will avoid a lot of uncomfortable looks and comments

They're happy? They make each other smile? Which one of us lonely people in here wouldn't want that? I'll raise my hand to this and I'd love to be with a girl who would compliment me.

You tell her she is doing nothing wrong.
Yep used Christmas to start something.
We will have a fab time with lots of love without him, when she chooses to get married.

I have told her and I hope she believes it.

Thanks for the kind words.

I hear you. Finding fulfilling work is something I wish more people respected, and that we as a society respected, instead of this weird, medieval-minded, misery cult that we have instead. "But people have to be ditch diggers too!" they say. Well, maybe not anymore in the technological age. Automating all unengaging work that no one actually wants to do, to free up time of people's lives to pursue their true interests, is actually a big dream of mine, and if I were better at STEM and more interested I might have thrown myself into it myself.

Your daughter might have been a manager by now at whatever her dad was talking about, but he's only seeing things from his point of view, not your daughter's. Maybe he didn't value education, but your daughter does. It doesn't matter if she would have been a manager by now or not, if that's not what she wants to do with her life, and she wants to do what she is studying for instead.

The difference between dragging yourself to a job that bores you to tears and that you hate, and doing something that you actually find interesting and engaging, is huge. Who wants to look back on their life and feel like it was just a miserable slog to survive, just to be miserable tomorrow, all so whoever owns the place can make even more money, get even more status, and buy more toys?

I say if someone actually does manage to find fulfilling AND good-paying work, that's something that should be encouraged, not scoffed at. The rest of us should be so lucky as to be able to find it.

And as far as the sexual orientation goes, my understanding of it is that it isn't a choice, you just are what you are. So that's not something he should hold against your daughter, either. Blaming someone for just being themselves, when it's not actually harming cal age. Automating all unengaging work that no one actually wants to do, to free up time of people's lives to pursue their true interests, is actually a big dream of mine, and if I were better at STEM and more interested I might have thrown myself
I dont get why he has to make her so low about it unless it is projection as she earns more an hour than he does lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Latest posts

Back