What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do some people go through their entire lives thinking they are never responsible for their own situation? How do they not see that they have a part to play for their own misery? Also how can I achieve this level of self delusion? I really want to know so that i don't keep beating myself over every little mistake I make lol

I can't speak for others, but for me it was believing that I lacked the genetic talent to be successful at anything, as evidenced by not having anything I was naturally above average at, or felt like I learned naturally, easily, and quickly. Therefore, I couldn't be responsible for my situation because I didn't pick my genes. I don't WANT to be bad at everything, I just fear that I don't have the genetic capacity to meaningfully, significantly improve to where I can do anything well enough for it to matter.

I also thought I was just "being myself", just being the way I naturally am, how I naturally turned out. I was always told to "just be myself".

Same with "it's a free country", all this talk of "freedom". This might be an America thing. I thought I was "free". I thought the social rules were made up. Turns out they're not.

I wish instead of "be yourself" and "you're free", I would have been told the opposite - be good at stuff, because you're NOT free from how this game works. Otherwise the only "freedom" you'll enjoy is the freedom to be single and unhappy forever because you're not impressive and interesting enough.
Life really feels like a talent show/competition, and you have to have something to enter with, to show for yourself.
At least that's how it seems to me.
Although again, without feeling like I had the genetic capacity to get good at stuff, I probably would have just brushed it off, like "yeah right".

So, I felt victim-blamed when I felt punished for "just being myself" like I thought I was supposed to, and for doing when I wanted when I thought I was "free", despite not harming or bothering anyone that I was aware of.
I spent many years confused about all this, and angry. Now I'm not as confused, still pretty angry, and not sure if I can do better, if it's too late, or if it didn't matter because I just wasn't born with it in the first place.

Last edited:
DeSantis vetoed a 2 million dollar budget to assess flooding risks near residential properties in Central Florida. :cautious:

Thankfully I live more inland so that's not really an issue for me, but I know plenty of people who live 20 minutes away or more who are coastal and in those zones who are now at risk of losing their homes due to flooding damages as many insurance companies are weary and/or leaving the state due to FEMA budget cuts for things like flooding and property damages during hurricane season.

Here's an idea:
If you want people to like you, maybe incentivize them to do so by not being a cruel and inhumane jerkoff about the money of your people, who are mostly just trying to live normal everyday lives.

After 10 days of playing happy families and living the perfect middle class suburban life I've come to the conclusion ordinary life does not interest me.

I want adventure, mischief, magic, vintage Indian motorcycles tearing up ancient roman roads, days 'wasted' with an acoustic guitar and cheap chardonnay and gypsy witch b*tch women with warrior souls who dance naked in the woods.

But .... it's not you lot I need to have this conversation with.

After 10 days of playing happy families and living the perfect middle class suburban life I've come to the conclusion ordinary life does not interest me.

I want adventure, mischief, magic, vintage Indian motorcycles tearing up ancient roman roads, days 'wasted' with an acoustic guitar and cheap chardonnay and gypsy witch b*tch women with warrior souls who dance naked in the woods.

Welcome back aboard dude! 🤘 🏴‍☠️

I think that might make you one of the "bad boys" :unsure:

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think that apathy is generally a good thing. People continue to suffer when others chose not to be concerned.
I wasn't thinking apathy.
More that busybodies/meddlers often make things much, much worse.

Housemate blessed me with a full disposable nicotine vape. Very cool. I'm thinking I'll cook breakfast again for us tomorrow.

It's been some years since a movie trailer made me want to see it in theaters. I haven't followed much of anything in the DC universe, but Michael Keaton coming back as Batman is really getting 10 year old me excited. I might.

Latest posts

Back