What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m coming down with a cold or similar. My daughter passed it on while we were traveling the past week. I cough easily. Once I actually injured my lungs from severe coughing………and I was so keen to start back exercising. It’s always something.

He brushed my hair aside as he looked into my eyes… the silence held between us felt like an eternity… I followed each word from his lips as he asked “is that submission or fear I see in your eyes?”…

When a pet is overweight it's usually immediately put on a diet because of the health risks, but when a human is overweight, it's just accepted and your rude for even mentioning it.

Its time to double down on self care. The only way out is if I actually relax, but also get stuff done. Getting stuff done can feel relaxing when I go at a relaxed pace, and don’t expect too much. Really any forward movement is a good thing. I just need to keep doing it. I think its time for meditation to clear my mind.

Oh my lol. I just learned that CM Punk, one of the few guys I still follow in the boring and mostly amateur world of pro-wrestling, just returned to AEW after the controversy! That'll give me something to follow until he leaves again lol

I got a letter from the government that I stole something and my feelings are very hurt… when I called the man on the phone was so nice to me, and dropped the fines but I feel so yucky to have a letter like that, saying awful things like that. I would never steal, the accusation is gross. But I learned a valuable lesson, never judge as you could be a mistake away.

I got a letter from the government that I stole something and my feelings are very hurt… when I called the man on the phone was so nice to me, and dropped the fines but I feel so yucky to have a letter like that, saying awful things like that. I would never steal, the accusation is gross. But I learned a valuable lesson, never judge as you could be a mistake away.
WTH? The govt are accusing you of a theft?

.......Whole human existence is a joke. :D
I refuse to accept that. There are many great people. On the travels I've been on, I've met plenty of beautiful people who just want to live their lives peacefully and are more than willing to be kind and welcoming. It's too easy to focus on the negative.

Humans are only species which is dum8 enough to pay to live on planet Earth. xD That tell you all things you need to know. :D Humans are just a joke. :D

This video describes my point perfectly. :D

promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate

Dude so much this. This is something I'm trying to consciously ingrain more. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I was watching a video a while ago about "The Downfall of the Hipster" or something like that, where that subculture went to. I find that kind of stuff interesting, what different subcultures are about, what draws people to them, and things like that.

One of the person's closing arguments for the disappearance of the hipster, was that people grew out of it when they realized that people like people that talk about what they like, rather than what they don't. And a lot of the hipster subculture was based around complaining about and criticizing things they don't like, "this music/fashion etc is too mainstream", "I only liked it before it was cool and now it's sold out", etc.

Conversations about things you like, inform, inspire, and energize you.
Conversations about things you hate, often tire and drain everyone involved.

Hating is also a way to blow off steam, or feel like you're stronger than something, like you fought back against something or beat up on something you don't like. But if all a person has done is complain or rant about it, they haven't done anything, it just gives the illusion that you have. But you feel better, just the same. It lets a person feel higher, stronger, smarter, more imaginative, in better taste, morally superior to something.

Another recent thought I've had, is that it's easy to default to bashing what you hate, because it's an easy and convenient distraction. You don't have to handle talking about or learning about the things you hate, with as much care as the things you like. You don't have to pay attention to learning about it or doing it or getting it right, because after all, you've already made up your mind that you hate it, so you can just hate/rant/complain/make fun of it, as a distraction.

It takes more focus, more conscious mental effort, to study, learn, practice something you like. Hating is easier, there's no pressure, no stress, you can be mentally absent as you do it. You don't have to have your head in the game. You don't have to worry about doing it correctly, or being an expert on it. All you have to do is say "this thing/person/etc sucks" and you're there.

I'm not perfect, I'm struggling with complaining/ranting all the time. But I am trying to become more aware of myself when I do it, and WHY I do it.

Last edited:
Dude so much this. This is something I'm trying to consciously ingrain more. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I was watching a video a while ago about "The Downfall of the Hipster" or something like that, where that subculture went to. I find that kind of stuff interesting, what different subcultures are about, what draws people to them, and things like that.

One of the person's closing arguments for the disappearance of the hipster, was that people grew out of it when they realized that people like people that talk about what they like, rather than what they don't. And a lot of the hipster subculture was based around complaining about and criticizing things they don't like, "this music/fashion etc is too mainstream", "I only liked it before it was cool and now it's sold out", etc.

Conversations about things you like, inform, inspire, and energize you.
Conversations about things you hate, often tire and drain everyone involved.

Hating is also a way to blow off steam, or feel like you're stronger than something, like you fought back against something or beat up on something you don't like. But if all a person has done is complain or rant about it, they haven't done anything, it just gives the illusion that you have. But you feel better, just the same. It lets a person feel higher, stronger, smarter, more imaginative, in better taste, morally superior to something.

Another recent thought I've had, is that it's easy to default to bashing what you hate, because it's an easy and convenient distraction. You don't have to handle talking about or learning about the things you hate, with as much care as the things you like. You don't have to pay attention to learning about it or doing it or getting it right, because after all, you've already made up your mind that you hate it, so you can just hate/rant/complain/make fun of it, as a distraction.

It takes more focus, more conscious mental effort, to study, learn, practice something you like. Hating is easier, there's no pressure, no stress, you can be mentally absent as you do it. You don't have to have your head in the game. You don't have to worry about doing it correctly, or being an expert on it. All you have to do is say "this thing/person/etc sucks" and you're there.

I'm not perfect, I'm struggling with complaining/ranting all the time. But I am trying to become more aware of myself when I do it, and WHY I do it.
I know, people can frustrate, hurt and anger one another, but the vast majority of us are doing the best we can.

Over the years, I’ve found that many people who proclaim their hatred are simply attempting to express frustration, or they erroneously believe it will protect them from pain. In today’s world of constant change, fear and uncertainty, it's become an increasingly common behaviour.

Our beliefs are powerful, we unknowingly morph thoughts into facts. We also unconsciously search our environment for further evidence that our beliefs are true. If we are holding firm that "people are idiots" we'll certainly find evidence to back it up. Conversely if we believe people are innately good we'll encounter more validation to fill up that bucket of beliefs. I know which world I'd rather live in.

It's funny how sometimes you can't find the people you want to talk to, and you wonder if they remember you.

Yet the people you DON'T want to talk to, never seem to forget about you...

(don't worry, it's not about anyone here)

Latest posts

Back