What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just might die in my sleep tonight because of this damned blocked nose.
I get a lot of allergies in spring and that leads to sinus infections.
Here is what I do.
Gargle with warm water, salt (about 8 small shakes) and apple cider vinegar (maybe half a small teaspoon).
Fill about half a cup of water.
Gargle deep back in your throat, but let the solution come out of your nose as best you can.
Wipe your nose clean, but don't blow it for about 5 minutes or so afterwards.
This gives me hours of free breathing, without having to use that nasal spray which is very bad for your sinuses (I had issues with it when I was a kid).

Neti pots, unless everything is super sterile, are dangerous as f*ck, squirting micro organisms beyond the natural defences of your nostrils straight into a cavity under your brain is like playing Russian roulette..
Here in America, everything is like playing Russian Roulette. Like literally everything causes cancer in California.

Can't you just use a nettipot or whatever they are called?
I used to do that but I do not anymore.
I find the way I described to be better.
The Netti method was causing me to inadvertently ingest some of the water, and I was sometimes having the sinus infection move to my chest (bronchitis). Doing it the gargle way the water goes out of the nose (not into it) and I never got bronchitis again.
But that's just me. The netti thing may work out better for others.

Neti pots, unless everything is super sterile, are dangerous as f*ck, squirting micro organisms beyond the natural defences of your nostrils straight into a cavity under your brain is like playing Russian roulette..
That too.
I remember people dying due to amoebas.
Horrible way to die and nothing really can be done about it.

I used to boil the water and let it sit until cool enough to use (but still warm).
My dentist told me to do that...

I get a lot of allergies in spring and that leads to sinus infections.
Here is what I do.
Gargle with warm water, salt (about 8 small shakes) and apple cider vinegar (maybe half a small teaspoon).
Fill about half a cup of water.
Gargle deep back in your throat, but let the solution come out of your nose as best you can.
Wipe your nose clean, but don't blow it for about 5 minutes or so afterwards.
This gives me hours of free breathing, without having to use that nasal spray which is very bad for your sinuses (I had issues with it when I was a kid).
I’ve tried stuff like that before. There’s even a product I bought online from NZ (name escapes me) but it didn’t do anything. I’ve done the nettipot thing also. I had surgery on my nose some years ago to correct an issue, but it did Jack Schitt except make the ENT richer. Good news is, I slept okay last night after I tried some regular Day/Night flu capsules, which usually don’t work for me. I’ll take that as a win. Thx for all the advice peeps, but I’m pretty much aware of all the options.

And now I will bash corn. Yes, that's right, I said corn.

For the last 5 or 6 years, they have been planting soy beans behind my house. This year, they went back to corn. I didn't realize how good I had it. All I smell whenever I leave my house is corn.
Now you city dwellers are probably thinking "so what, it's only corn and while you do have a point, there's a difference between a little bit of corn in your house and a 100 acre field filled with millions of corn plants that are 7 feet tall.

And as a side note, HEY NEW NEIGHBORS TURN YOUR **** CAR ALARM OFF!!!

Why do some e-books cost as much or almost as much, as the paper ones? Does it cost 0-1$ to print 400 pages?:mad:

why do banks charge exorbitant fees for simple digital transactions? because they can and people keep paying it.

There are books, considered either antiquarian or luxury literature, that sell upwards in prices of $500 - $4,000. I've seen it happen.

Luxury products are like that, that's why I hate sales and marketing management so much. They're all about excessive profit for no reason other than to stuff their own pockets and honeysuckle out a "yeah bro I did it, here's a sequel" juggle of a grift. In fact actually I would argue that the brunt of sales, marketing and advertisement is nothing but a pair of skates, only instead of Left and Right it's Scam and Grift.

I am so fed up…. In hospital all aloneee my mum refused to come 🙈 she just has no care for me and never will. My dads here, always ✨ im in the exact hospital he died in 💔 may he rest

Why is everyone so obsessed with the "popular" people of high school? Do you all not realize that most of them end up in the same crapfest of life that the unpopular people end up in sometimes? It's not about who you were in high school, it's about how hard you work....or how many excuses you make.

Why is everyone so obsessed with the "popular" people of high school? Do you all not realize that most of them end up in the same crapfest of life that the unpopular people end up in sometimes? It's not about who you were in high school, it's about how hard you work....or how many excuses you make.

I think it takes a while to figure out they they weren't all that and a bag of chips, and that while you can't do anything about their judgments, at the same time, it never really mattered or meant anything anyway. It only seemed like it at the time.

I know the way I thought about life, attraction, and a lot of things changed once I realized that, even if I HAD "gotten" a preppy-esque type woman back in the day...one of the traditionally "hot girls"...I probably wouldn't have even been happy if I didn't feel like-minded with them, and if it was all about looks and I didn't care about them emotionally. It wasn't that I was "not good enough" for them, even if they say so. It was that we just aren't the same. And that's OK.

It was a game changer realizing that, and I wish I had realized it sooner instead of wasting years being mad at the "cool kids" because I thought they thought I was a second class citizen, and were shutting/freezing, muscling/edging me out of something, imposing some kind of limit on me, or were "better" than me inherently.

I think a lot of it has to do with regrets, like wishing you'd played your cards differently or known how to play them at all. Like, I wish I worked out more, got good at some kind of skilled interest, got more of a style, and yeah, fought back more and not cared about getting in trouble as much. There are a few people - not a lot, but a few - that I really wish I would have just fought them, consequences be d***ed. It was the least they deserved, because they were, and probably still are, classist, hateful, and rotten to the core.

Another thing that helped me get over it is going online, looking them up on Facebook, just to see if I missed out on anything. And I have to say, every time I did so, I never came away feeling like I missed out on anything after all. It's just as well that I wasn't "cool" because I didn't really find those people that interesting - maybe they are to someone, and that's fine, but that scene wasn't ever for me. The answers I was looking for, just weren't there. I don't hate them, but at the same time none of them are people that I really want to talk to or hang out with. We just never had that much in common. The friends I have, are more than fine.

Anyway just my thoughts. I think it's really about wishing you could have done things differently then, and how your life would have unfolded differently since then.

Last edited:
I wished I was popular in high-school soooo badly, being bullied everyday was not it.

Floating around trying to find someone to chill with until the bell was well depressing.

Being rejected by this guy, ugh, he was such a work of genetic perfection, I couldnt even breathe when he walked in a room… changed me forever. Im like a total femcel now without the lack of relationships 😅 but just as jaded

All the popular kids from my school are having shite lives, shite careers and shite marriages

Latest posts

Back