What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, people can frustrate, hurt and anger one another, but the vast majority of us are doing the best we can.

Over the years, I’ve found that many people who proclaim their hatred are simply attempting to express frustration, or they erroneously believe it will protect them from pain. In today’s world of constant change, fear and uncertainty, it's become an increasingly common behaviour.

Our beliefs are powerful, we unknowingly morph thoughts into facts. We also unconsciously search our environment for further evidence that our beliefs are true. If we are holding firm that "people are idiots" we'll certainly find evidence to back it up. Conversely if we believe people are innately good we'll encounter more validation to fill up that bucket of beliefs. I know which world I'd rather live in.
Actually, this USED to be true Random, but it isn't the case anymore. Why? Because the world, society, PEOPLE have changed.
There used to be one simple truth that stood out, as long as I could remember, I noticed that when I was a kid. People DID for each other. Wether it be friends, family, lovers, potential boyfriends or girlfriends, even random people off the street the notion of selflessness, even if it wasn't systematically or massively present, was still very much a part of human interaction.
It isn't anymore.
We live now in a world where selfishness and our own points of views are dismissable, where you are ENCOURAGED to be selfish, in ordee to protect yourself from harm. Hell, that's why people are so upset by what they consider "woke", it's kind of the epitome of that, yet they use whatever they want of it when it suits their interests. It's pathetic. I understood why I shied away from the dating world and it's exactly because of that. Find what YOU want. Don't settle for less than YOU deserve, I will only date XYZ...it's all me me me. No one wants to take an extra step that isn't rooted in what they want, because they don't remember what it is to give. The planet's all about taking now. We see it every day.
People ARE idiots. They think their points of view matter in the long run. At least I'm not stupid enough to think I'm actually important or that my opinions count for honeysuckle. Whereas the vast majority of people think they can honeysuckle and pawn it off as gold at their local pawnshop. Even if they could, they don't realize how they cone across and that's, at best, uncaring dirtbags and at worst, psychopaths.
It's why there's so many miserable people around. It's why you hear ads about not murdering women, ir nit committing suicide, on Spotify now. Because people have never been as isolated as they are now and have NEVER been as miserable as they are now, on a global scale. Sone people know it; that's why you got ads on Spotify.
And it'll get a lot worse before it gets better.

So yeah, while what you say is true and how guys like you and me might have been raised to believe, it's not the world around us anymore. Doesn't mean we should stop trying, but it does mean qe shouldn't be surprised when it doesn't work.

The world isn't going to end in a big ball of flame, Jesus isn't going to come back and pass judgment, if anything in the last 2000 years, him and his bunch showed they don't give a toss about humanity. We're basically letting each other die. That's how the world is going to end.
I could die in a car crash tomorrow morning and no one will find out for two weeks if not more, I'll just be another ALL member who vanished mysteriously for unknown reasons. My kids will cry over, ny foljs, maybe a few other people and life will move on. 5 years from then, I won't register as much more than a sad thought that comes once in a while, for the very few people that will actually know what happened. People will go on with their lives, the disillusioned ones will go on to meet people and bad happy, the frustrated ones will still come on here making threads on how miserable they are because they've never had boyfriends or girlfriend and want to hang themselves, as if THAT is the worst situation in the world and the vast majority of people, to their discredit, will see them as crying babies instead of trying to understand their pain. Something I'm as guilty of as the next person too.
That's how the world is going to end.
We'll find excuses to stop caring.
The Pandemic only spiked it. The change in attitude in people has been a long time coming. It's crescendoing and it's not getting any better and most people don't even care to see it, so embroidered in their own inediate realities they are. It's all about themselves and they don't even realize it. It's enough to make you want to lock yourself away and never speak to a human soul again, so intense is your disgust with it. Night after night, I hear people bitching at each other for the most inane reasons there are, I see them putting their own lives and interests before someone else and not give a **** about the consequences and it sickens me. Hell, yesterdat night, a girl at work, who's married, tried to pick me up. I didn't even deign reply to it, that's how profound my disgust ran. Zero thoughts to her husband apparently, who's disabled. One guy who overheard the conversation even came to ask me why I didn't go for it, that I'm an idiot for not hitting that. Again, not a word.
That's what we live in. That's why people are idiots. That's why the world will end. The world is us and we're letting each other die. The more I live in it, the more I don't want to anymore.

Last edited:
************, if I tell you to help me find a job, and you respond with "buy a car," THAT'S why I'm asking you to help me find a job. Nevermind, I'll do it myself. Get the fresia up out of my face with your attitude old man. :cautious: That's the last **** time I ever ask you for help. I'm not asking you to help me pay for a car, I'm not asking you to give me money, I'm asking you to help me find a job because you have a career in employment services.

When you're sick
Hope you feel better soon.
loneliness seems to be even more evident.
In my short time here, I feel your posts add to the forum. You start threads of a positive nature and try to get people to see fun. I feel less lonely because of that.

promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate
So I can't bash my internet provider right now? Well screw you, I'm going to do it anyway! 😛

All I wanted to do this weekend was stay home, by myself and work in peace and quiet, but no. Storms rolled through last night so I have no internet. Now I'll have to go to my parents to work.

Online chat is the only option on Saturday, so after hotspotting my laptop, the chat button finally worked.
-what seems to be the trouble

-i don't have internet, only the power light is on, the dsl and internet light are not on at all

- what color are the dsl and internet lights and are they blinking

-🤬😡🤯😤👺☠️
They aren't on at all!

-please go ahead and reboot the modem for me.

-i've done that 10 times since 3 am

-do it again please

--🤬😡🤯😤👺☠️
Oh look only the power light is on.

-slow internet is usually a sign of too many devices, limit your devices.

-i get 20 Mbps, TWO DEVICES are too many.

-since it's not on our end, we'll need to send a tech, is that okay.

-yes

-blah blah blah blah

-he has been here MANY times, I know the drill, he knows the drill.

-blah blah blah, tech guy safety

-there are no dogs, the tech guy knows where everything is because it's rarely on my end, because he's been here many times.

-he'll be there between 8am and 5pm Monday. Is that okay?

-seriously? A 9 hour window? This is ridiculous, just set the appt.

-thank you for choosing us....blah blah blah

-i didn't CHOOSE you, you were my only option.

So I can't bash my internet provider right now? Well screw you, I'm going to do it anyway! 😛

All I wanted to do this weekend was stay home, by myself and work in peace and quiet, but no. Storms rolled through last night so I have no internet. Now I'll have to go to my parents to work.

Online chat is the only option on Saturday, so after hotspotting my laptop, the chat button finally worked.
-what seems to be the trouble

-i don't have internet, only the power light is on, the dsl and internet light are not on at all

- what color are the dsl and internet lights and are they blinking

-🤬😡🤯😤👺☠️
They aren't on at all!

-please go ahead and reboot the modem for me.

-i've done that 10 times since 3 am

-do it again please

--🤬😡🤯😤👺☠️
Oh look only the power light is on.

-slow internet is usually a sign of too many devices, limit your devices.

-i get 20 Mbps, TWO DEVICES are too many.

-since it's not on our end, we'll need to send a tech, is that okay.

-yes

-blah blah blah blah

-he has been here MANY times, I know the drill, he knows the drill.

-blah blah blah, tech guy safety

-there are no dogs, the tech guy knows where everything is because it's rarely on my end, because he's been here many times.

-he'll be there between 8am and 5pm Monday. Is that okay?

-seriously? A 9 hour window? This is ridiculous, just set the appt.

-thank you for choosing us....blah blah blah

-i didn't CHOOSE you, you were my only option.
And keep in mind that I've had to call so many times over the years that I could literally work for them. I know the spiel. I do everything they want me to do before I call. All I want is for them to send the tech guy because he's the only one that knows the issue.
Well, I could work for them if I lived in India or Turkey or wherever they decided to send customer service because they are too cheap to pay Americans.....

Bashing what you hate is what you love, so yeah, technically you're promoting what you love. Well played :😉

And back to bashing. Well my internet is fixed. Tech guy said lightning fried my router, which was old anyway, so he just put in a new one and tada...
I also found out that the new lines they put in a few years ago when they had to move them for construction are apparently also FIBER lines, that the stupid company won't give me access to. 😤 👺 ☠️ 😡

So what if Mars has water on it because we used to live there and we messed up the climate so badly that we had to send an escape pod to Earth with only Adam and Eve in it and the pod was the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs!.

So what if Mars has water on it because we used to live there and we messed up the climate so badly that we had to send an escape pod to Earth with only Adam and Eve in it and the pod was the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs!.

I like how you think man :alien:

I wish I came up with that myself!
I need to get back into reading books and listening to music that would inspire those types of questions and thoughts.

Latest posts

Back