What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do I want to work in your company? Seriously? Because I'm not rich and need money for living, so I have to work somewhere. What is so special about your company, do your employyes take part in the crusades against the unbelivers or may be they are going to explore Mars? Why do you think there is a Sacred Reason?
//Just watching a video with some "job interview tips" and thinking, I myself have never been asked such a question.

I've thought the same thing so many times. I don't know how to answer it seriously.

Why yes, yes I do have a passion for doing spreadsheets all day...seriously, what world do these corporate people live in?
Have these people ever met...I don't know, real people?

More like like it's me. I've always felt out of phase with this world. I never really "got with the program".

It kind of would be nice to work at a place that I felt like I had a sacred reason to work at.
If I only had ONE all-consuming interest, I could probably find something to go all in on, but I have a hard time deciding. I also don't know if the changes I want to see happen in the world, are even possible.

I've thought the same thing so many times. I don't know how to answer it seriously.

Why yes, yes I do have a passion for doing spreadsheets all day...seriously, what world do these corporate people live in?
Have these people ever met...I don't know, real people?

More like like it's me. I've always felt out of phase with this world. I never really "got with the program".

It kind of would be nice to work at a place that I felt like I had a sacred reason to work at.
If I only had ONE all-consuming interest, I could probably find something to go all in on, but I have a hard time deciding. I also don't know if the changes I want to see happen in the world, are even possible.
I work to live. I don't live to work. I don't care who I do it for, or why, in the end it won't matter, we'll all be dead. As long as I'm getting paid. That's all the interest I need. It's a means to an end.

I just don't want to work anymore.
I'd rather just spend my savings and drink myself into a stupor every night.

If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep or take a dump you'll work until you f*cking die

But...best economic system ever...fReEdOm...or something...

Seriously though, you would think that if society really did make progress, then it would make sense that we would have more leisure time, not less, and that things would become less expensive, not more.

So far, "the future" hasn't really felt like the future. It really does feel like we've gone backwards.
It doesn't feel like the "problem solvers" have solved anything.
If anything it feels like we were on our way to the solution, but lost it.

In the Matrix, Agent Smith wasn't kidding when he was referring to the late '90s as the peak of our civilization.

I'd go back to 1997 in a minute if I could.

Last edited:
But...best economic system ever...fReEdOm...or something...

Seriously though, you would think that if society really did make progress, then it would make sense that we would have more leisure time, not less, and that things would become less expensive, not more.

So far, "the future" hasn't really felt like the future. It really does feel like we've gone backwards.
It doesn't feel like the "problem solvers" have solved anything.
If anything it feels like we were on our way to the solution, but lost it.

In the Matrix, Agent Smith wasn't kidding when he was referring to the late '90s as the peak of our civilization.

I'd go back to 1997 in a minute if I could.
I blame, to some extent, the traps of 'fear of failure' and 'instant gratification' but the education system is the biggest culprit. There's next to no financial education, a crucial aspect of building wealth is understanding basic financial concepts and the importance of investing and saving. Unfortunately, most people lack this knowledge, which prevents them from making beneficial financial decisions.

My mantra has always been 'If you make loads of money you're rich but if you have time you're wealthy.' I'm far from being rich but have a level of wealth I'm comfortable with. Most importantly I've not had to go work for some arsehole, selling my dreams for a salary, in a long long time.

Quit thinking about dipping your toes in before all opportunities dry up. Dip in, see where you're at and adjust. Wouldn't you feel more confident just getting out of the house and finally having that first pay cheque? When you realize how easy it is to actually make the change, you'll see that life can be pretty fluid and you don't always have to feel stuck somewhere.

Dunno if it's a cold or allergies or what not, but it's really annoying. I want to claw my nostrils out.

Holy flying turd, Batman, what's going on?
RIP Bray Wyatt, dead of a sudden heart attack at 36. ****. Way too young to pass.

Why the f*ck are you leaving me 'to do' lists now? am I a bloody child?.

Funnily enough, I was going to do most of the stuff on your list. No chance now. The bike's got a full tank of gas, I'm going to see how far away from regular and normal it gets me.

Funnily enough, I was going to do most of the stuff on your list. No chance now. The bike's got a full tank of gas, I'm going to see how far away from regular and normal it gets me.

I hear this. I hate being nagged as well, but I often make to-do lists for myself.

Like so many things, it's the idea of it being your choice, that makes the difference.
When I'm forced to do something, or talked down to, it's annoying and I hate it.
But that same thing, sometimes doesn't bother me at all when I feel like it's my own idea.

I am in the opposite scenario of being asked to leave lists. Let's swap for a day :ROFLMAO:

I hear this. I hate being nagged as well, but I often make to-do lists for myself.

Like so many things, it's the idea of it being your choice, that makes the difference.
When I'm forced to do something, or talked down to, it's annoying and I hate it.
But that same thing, sometimes doesn't bother me at all when I feel like it's my own idea.
It's the way it was done that really pissed me off man, my old lady doesn't live with me but does have keys. She bloody snuck into my house while I was doing yoga to leave a bloody list of honeysuckle for me to do on the the kitchen table and sloped off back to her bed. Wtf!

To be fair she knew I gassed up the bike last night so probably thought I was planning to head off somewhere at first light.

I am in the opposite scenario of being asked to leave lists. Let's swap for a day :ROFLMAO:
yeahh men in my life love lists but if I forget to put 1 thing they’ll blame me and I have to do it 🥺😅
This is why there's so many single women out there, bloody worlds full of 'baby men'. Do you comb their hair for them and make sure they've washed behind their ears.

Latest posts

Back