What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about.
It will automate the work, but before we've changed our minds about how society should be.
If that's the case, I think we should have left AI alone. I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning.
Climate change or WW3 will get us long before AI. Seriously though we are f*cked, even the scientists who build AI can't explain precisely how it works or how it might evolve.

Speaking of climate change, you might want to move to Alaska , Canada or Russia .... Planet is faqed.
It’s faqed everywhere. Believe me, moving to Canada is not the solution. Raging wildfires and heat domes in the west, extensive flooding and ever-more powerful hurricanes in the East. We just had one of the warmest winters on record here in Canada, plus temperatures on the Prairies when it normally should be -30 C.

I'm in the Mediterian sea .... South Europe .... Summers are 35 celsius on lowest .... In 10 years time south Europe will be desert.

So based on that, for sure I would trade my life place for Russia / Scandinavia / any cold place. I have no clue how we will live in 35-40 C in next 10 years. Extreme heatwaves are scary.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about.
It will automate the work, but before we've changed our minds about how society should be.
If that's the case, I think we should have left AI alone. I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning.
AI should have never been made available to the masses. Keep it to create new meds, treatments, technology and that kind of thing. It's too much for the everyday person. We will be stupider, fatter, and more alone in the end. No one thinks for themselves or does anything for themselves anymore. They run to AI to do it for them.

Nearly all the wealth gained by the worlds rich last year came from AI. That's why it was 'given to the masses'. But what really annoys me is there are 492 billionaires on this planet and not one of those losers has decided to become Batman.

Nearly all the wealth gained by the worlds rich last year came from AI. That's why it was 'given to the masses'. But what really annoys me is there are 492 billionaires on this planet and not one of those losers has decided to become Batman.

Naaaah, the end is near, so you don't need to worry about billionaires .... Cause soon we will have 0 of them. XD

What? You’re missing the best decade ever for music, the 80’s!

Ooh, dunno about that. The '80s were pretty good musically, but so did the '90s...they're my home. A lot of music from that time still sounds modern, fresh, and alive to me.

Not just that though, but the '80s as a decade, while they had their charm, I feel they were grittier than the '90s.
I feel like the '90s smoothed that out somewhat.

Exactly!
I don't know...I'm hoping I can manage to keep things going well, but that little unwanted voice of doubt keeps trying to creep in sometimes.
I don't know the solution. But, the mind will tend to notice that which it is preoccupied with, more often, than what it is not. Like if I mention car tires, you might be more likely to take notice of car tires today. heh 😜

I think there is 4 factors at play.

1: the nature of a mind that is used to experiencing negative events, is more likely to be preoccupied with them, and therefore increases the likelyhood of them happening.

2: Our karma (as in our actions). This kind of ties into #1, but, if we have past actions, and unconscious behavioral patterns that reinforce negative outcomes, it's just statistically more likely that good fortune is merely a fluke.

3: Our perception and our approach. Some one who has trained themselves very well, may view something as serious as a cancer diagnosis as merely a minor setback to their overall enjoyment of life. While, another person, may view spilling hot coffee on themselves as something that ruins their whole day, or even their whole week. mind over matter.

4: and then, this one is about acceptance, and kind of ties into 1, and 3. If we can accept good fortune, AND, accept that it may be temporary, we can enjoy it more fully; in that, the worry of future misfortune subtracts from the present good fortune.

So, I suppose...

1: We can train ourselves to notice our negative preoccupations, and work towards altering them.
2: We can try to notice our unconscious behavioral patterns, and work towards optimizing positive outcomes, on the micro, and macro scales, short and long term (while also accepting those things which we can not alter: karma that must be lived out and experienced)
3: We can notice and try to alter and improve our perception.
4: We can try to notice and alter our predictive and worrying mind, to try and tame it more to our liking, rather than our dread.

Ooh, dunno about that. The '80s were pretty good musically, but so did the '90s...they're my home. A lot of music from that time still sounds modern, fresh, and alive to me.

Not just that though, but the '80s as a decade, while they had their charm, I feel they were grittier than the '90s.
I feel like the '90s smoothed that out somewhat.
I don’t quite agree; the 90’s was the beginning of the end for great music as far as I’m concerned. Sure there is some good stuff that still comes out, but the ratio of good to bad has decreased dramatically since the 80’s. More the point, the quality of new bands and performers is diminished in my opinion. Funny how we view things from the time in our lives that was most influential. When I look at the “what are you listening to” thread, I regularly screw my nose up at what is often posted 😂🤣

Why is it people today need to be warned of dumb stuff? I am so over this stupid eclipse. If you are expecting a crap ton of people to come to this area OF COURSE there will be a crap ton of traffic after it's over. OF COURSE you shouldn't look at the sun...EVER. OF COURSE, you shouldn't look at something (other than the road) while you are driving.

Also, if there are lots of accidents at an intersection where there have not been in the past, the answer isn't a stupid roundabout. The problem is the **** people not paying attention, not the intersection. Why is it that intersections that you can see clearly both ways are getting roundabouts? I live right down from an intersection that you honestly can't see sometimes one way and there is rarely an accident and when there is, it usually involves a semi screwing up the turn and getting stuck. JUST FREAKING LOOK BOTH WAYS, YOU IDIOTS!!!!

What is wrong with some people? Why are women who are walking down the street, minding their own business, getting punched in the face by strangers in NYC?

Latest posts

Back