What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daughter of the moon said:
Solivagant said:
I just shouldn't think about my future anymore. All it does is make suicide look better.

Why do you keep saying such things? You have people that love you.

There are quite a few people who have someone that loves them. They still get lonely, and sad. What they need is care and compassion, not for their posts to be questioned.

Locke said:
Solivagant said:
I just shouldn't think about my future anymore. All it does is make suicide look better.

Why do you keep saying such things? You have people that love you.

There are quite a few people who have someone that loves them. They still get lonely, and sad. What they need is care and compassion, not for their posts to be questioned.

You're not wrong but I think Daughter's post was made with a compassionate intent.

Stonelands said:
You're not wrong but I think Daughter's post was made with a compassionate intent.

We'll see, I guess.....She knows exactly why what she said had that effect, and hopefully there won't be any "misunderstandings" in the future. :)

Dear Solivagant, sorry for last night's misunderstanding. Stonelands is right though; I was only concerned about you. Sorry that didn't come across as well. You see, since you have disabled any means of contacting you, I have to express my worry publically on here; but naturally, I can't speak as intimately to you as I would in a pm. I think you'll understand this. Anyway, I hope you're doing better right now. I hope you're not mad. No one was picking apart anything - at least I know I wasn't :) lol
Take care!

Thinking that I'm disappointed by the fact that I can't find modern bands making original music that really inspires me. I always end up listening to ambient artists when it comes to music that isn't classic rock or jazz or or fusion and was made in the last decade or so.

I keep finding bands where I like aspects of their sound but am not so enamored with them as a whole.

I'm thinking that I should sever ties with someone who seems to only want a friendship on their terms.

Stonelands said:
Thinking that I'm disappointed by the fact that I can't find modern bands making original music that really inspires me. I always end up listening to ambient artists when it comes to music that isn't classic rock or jazz or or fusion and was made in the last decade or so.

I keep finding bands where I like aspects of their sound but am not so enamored with them as a whole.

I agree! :( I want something new and something that really moves me but no..

Dear Solivagant, sorry for last night's misunderstanding. Stonelands is right though; I was only concerned about you. Sorry that didn't come across as well. You see, since you have disabled any means of contacting you, I have to express my worry publically on here; but naturally, I can't speak as intimately to you as I would in a pm. I think you'll understand this. Anyway, I hope you're doing better right now. I hope you're not mad. No one was picking apart anything - at least I know I wasn't :) lol
Take care!

These things happen. Thanks for explaining, it's hard to be sure of someone's meaning through text. Plus I am more sensitive at some times than others. I just tend to use this section of the forum as an outlet, a sort of dumpster for negative feelings. It's nothing to be too concerned about, and nothing I really want to talk about either, which is why I do not elaborate on my posts. It's just a form of catharsis or venting. And anyway, it's "What are you thinking," not "Why are you thinking it," lol. I am doing better now, thank you.

Stonelands said:

^ This keeps happening to me too, Stonelands.

Solivagant said:
Take care!

These things happen. Thanks for explaining, it's hard to be sure of someone's meaning through text. Plus I am more sensitive at some times than others. I just tend to use this section of the forum as an outlet, a sort of dumpster for negative feelings. It's nothing to be too concerned about, and nothing I really want to talk about either, which is why I do not elaborate on my posts. It's just a form of catharsis or venting. And anyway, it's "What are you thinking," not "Why are you thinking it," lol. I am doing better now, thank you.

Okay, good :) I know what you mean. I love the Internet, but you simply never know what kind of tone or emotion something is written in. Smileys help, but even those are used ironically sometimes, so yeah... in a way it's nigh impossible.
Anyways, I'm glad you're feeling better right now!
Take good care of yourself!

Midnight Sky said:
user 130057 said:
I'm thinking that I should sever ties with someone who seems to only want a friendship on their terms.

No thinking necessary. Show them to the door.

That is correct. There's usually only one winning party in such a constellation.

I'm thinking of how much I despise my job. I don't have anything else lined up for me, so I continue to take s**t all day, every day.

I'll see you guys later. I think I'm going to go back to age 6.

BYE! :D

Homeowner: My heat isn't working - I need to set up a service call.
Me: OK...what seems to be the issue?
Homeowner: Well, it's running in emergency heat. umm....can not changing your filters cause that?
Me: How long has it been since you changed your filters?
Homeowner: maybe 6 months?

Me....

:club: Go change your filters, turn your breakers off for 30 second and then back on. Restart your system, wait 30 minutes and then call me back.

*30 minutes later*
Homeowner: Oh wow...my heat is working now!
Me: O rly?
Homeowner: Yes!
Me: Ma'am - change your filters once a month or you will kill your equipment.

:club: :club:

I know so many pessimistic people. My Dad, Mam, people at work. I hate it, so much doom and gloom, never looking at things in a positive manner. Always looking at the worst possible scenario. Always moaning about their luck. I don't know how I keep my mouth shut sometimes. I want to tell them to fresia off with their miserable honeysuckle !

Triple Bogey said:
I know so many pessimistic people. My Dad, Mam, people at work. I hate it, so much doom and gloom, never looking at things in a positive manner. Always looking at the worst possible scenario. Always moaning about their luck. I don't know how I keep my mouth shut sometimes. I want to tell them to fresia off with their miserable honeysuckle !
Well said! Especially about the relatives, I am in the same boat as you

It's just typical that the Christmas jumper I ordered is mega small, grrrr.

Latest posts

Back