What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775Again said:
i am sorry i said that.

No need to be sorry.

SophiaGrace said:
Sometimes people take things and argue about them. This says nothing about you.

He asked a question and it was answered by a few people. How is that arguing?

Case in point.

If I was arguing, sure, you would have proved your point, but I'm not. I think you might be trying to make it out like I am, though. Sorry, but no. No one is arguing, except you.

Today was a long, long day. We had to give one of my favorite patients some very bad news. Our doc has diagnosed her with scleroderma, and unfortunately, given her symptoms and the tests and imaging that have come back, in her case it isn't restricted to the skin, but it's systemic, and already affecting her lungs and heart tissue.

I sat with her for a while after she got the news and let her cry on me. Her support system at home isn't the greatest either, so she's really feeling alone in all of this.

Recently, we had to tell another patient that he has lung cancer, stage IV, with mets to the bones and lymph nodes scattered through the body. It's inoperable, because the tumors are diffuse through both lungs. He's trying an aggressive course of chemo and radiation, but the prognosis is poor. My doc said realistically, the guy has about 6-8 weeks left.

I don't know which would be worse to hear - a longer degenerative illness with a poor prognosis, and assured a a ton of pain, or a more immediately terminal illness. :( A rough day on the soul today.

mountainvista said:
Today was a long, long day. We had to give one of my favorite patients some very bad news. Our doc has diagnosed her with scleroderma, and unfortunately, given her symptoms and the tests and imaging that have come back, in her case it isn't restricted to the skin, but it's systemic, and already affecting her lungs and heart tissue.

I sat with her for a while after she got the news and let her cry on me. Her support system at home isn't the greatest either, so she's really feeling alone in all of this.

Recently, we had to tell another patient that he has lung cancer, stage IV, with mets to the bones and lymph nodes scattered through the body. It's inoperable, because the tumors are diffuse through both lungs. He's trying an aggressive course of chemo and radiation, but the prognosis is poor. My doc said realistically, the guy has about 6-8 weeks left.

I don't know which would be worse to hear - a longer degenerative illness with a poor prognosis, and assured a a ton of pain, or a more immediately terminal illness. :( A rough day on the soul today.

*Gives hug* Oh dear. Sorry that happened.

why do I even bother being on a dating website, when I am too chicken to ever meet anyone?

Peaches said:
why do I even bother being on a dating website, when I am too chicken to ever meet anyone?

Aww Peaches. I met quite a few when I was doing the on line sites. It's not all it's cracked up to be - trust me. You aren't really missing much IMO.

EveWasFramed said:
Peaches said:

Aww Peaches. I met quite a few when I was doing the on line sites. It's not all it's cracked up to be - trust me. You aren't really missing much IMO.

She isn't. All I get are guys that wanna…do the deed.

After 4 PMs in a row of that on Okcupid, I decided my account was going the way of the dinosaurs and deleted it.

you arent missing anything peaches.

SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
Peaches said:

She isn't. All I get are guys that wanna…do the deed.

After 4 PMs in a row of that on Okcupid, I decided my account was going the way of the dinosaurs and deleted it.

you arent missing anythinh peaches.

I didn't run into many jerks so much (yes, there were a few like you describe)...
It was more the mentality of the people using the sites. Anyone there is disposable when something "better" comes along and "better" is just "one click" away. it's a nasty cycle. Or at least that was my experience before I got tired of it.

EveWasFramed said:
I didn't run into many jerks so much (yes, there were a few like you describe)...
It was more the mentality of the people using the sites. Anyone there is disposable when something "better" comes along and "better" is just "one click" away. it's a nasty cycle. Or at least that was my experience before I got tired of it.

Hmm. I wouldn't say the guys who wanted sex were jerks. It just wasn't what I wanted.

I think maybe because I listed my orientation as bisexual that it drew more of those sorts.

I also don't think I sensed what you did about the disposability of people, though you may be right. Just because I don't see something doesn't mean it's not there.

SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:

Hmm. I wouldn't say the guys who wanted sex were jerks. It just wasn't what I wanted.

I think maybe because I listed my orientation as bisexual that it drew more of those sorts.

I also don't think I sensed what you did about the disposability of people, though you may be right. Just because I don't see something doesn't mean it's not there.

I can only speak of my own personal experiences. The sites I used...I was very specific about not looking for hook-ups. So in my opinion, anyone who asked me out and then asked for sex were jerks. :p

I went out on a fair amount of dates...the "disposable" thing almost always came into play. It's one of the biggest complaints about dating sites. There are so many to choose from, that a lot of people just keep going from person to person, looking for "the one" or the "best" they can find. Both sexes do it I'm sure.

EveWasFramed said:
SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:

I can only speak of my own personal experiences. The sites I used...I was very specific about not looking for hook-ups. So in my opinion, anyone who asked me out and then asked for sex were jerks. :p

I went out on a fair amount of dates...the "disposable" thing almost always came into play. It's one of the biggest complaints about dating sites. There are so many to choose from, that a lot of people just keep going from person to person, looking for "the one" or the "best" they can find. Both sexes do it I'm sure.

Yeah I think I know what you mean now. I think the concept of "the one" is stupid. There's No, Okay, good, and ? on the scale. I made up that scale. It's very psychometic and very very very accurate and reproducable :cool: It looks something like this

tumblr_inline_n7qt9ybaxO1rjrd57.gif

I did say I wanted friends in my profile, but I think they might've taken it to mean friends with benefits.

^ yes, I also wrote that I am only looking to hang out, someone wrote that makes me immature :)/)

I have never seen the night sky look as clear as it does tonight. There's zero cloud cover, zero wind and all the stars look so bright. I stood at my back door looking at the main seven stars of Orion and I felt at once very small and full of hope.

Peaches said:
^ yes, I also wrote that I am only looking to hang out, someone wrote that makes me immature :)/)

Uhm.

It does? :l

Is there some social rule that you need to follow at a certain age where hanging out becomes…unacceptable? Am I missing something?

user 130057 said:
I have never seen the night sky look as clear as it does tonight. There's zero cloud cover, zero wind and all the stars look so bright. I stood at my back door looking at the main seven stars of Orion and I felt at once very small and full of hope.

That sounds so beautiful.

Also, I cannot give out anymore reps for today. -_- but If i could, you would've gotten one for this post.

If you think that I'm going to feel bad because you don't really have the money to get them fixed, I suggest you think again. There won't be any sorrow or pity coming from this hefty mama, because they are your cats. You wanted them. They are your responsibility. After the other one passed away, you could have very well said you didn't want to deal with cats anymore; Instead, you made absolute certain that you acquired more. And I told y'all months ago that I smelled piss on the counter and I wasn't taken seriously. They aren't my cats; I don't care if they tear up your house.

Seeing my friend drunk like that changed my view of him. Haha.

-------------------------

I'm pretty sure I like you. Thanks for saying that I matter to you.

Latest posts

Back