What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the rampant misuse of your and you're bothers me so much. 9 out of 10 people on here use proper grammar, while my communications with people in real life, even very educated ones have very poor grammar.

The clocks go forward tonight. Oh God, I hate having to keep adapting to a different schedule because some dimwit thinks it's beneficial to ????????????

Seahorse said:
Why the rampant misuse of your and you're bothers me so much. 9 out of 10 people on here use proper grammar, while my communications with people in real life, even very educated ones have very poor grammar.

Yeah, I think so to.  Its awful people writes stuff wrong.  Youd think there teacher's in school's wood know better huh?
:cool:

Seahorse said:

Thanks for picking me up on that Seahorse.I was only average at English at school and the teachers being a bit erratic with their tempers and chalkboard rubber flinging and the fact that I just kept my head down being so reserved did not help.
My work is very manual too so do not use grammar alot anyway in day to day dealings with people.I've got an interview Tuesday to bring some more work in and the boss of the firm is very middle class so hopefully I'll come across well because she's very correct with her speech so feeling a bit nervous.
Bejesus I've just realised my lack of full stops in all my posts,hope I don't talk like this in real life because we really want to move house so need a foothold in this new area to make our cost of living cheaper..better sort it before Tuesday.

Joturbo said:
Seahorse said:

Thanks for picking me up on that Seahorse.I was only average at English at school and the teachers being a bit erratic with their tempers and chalkboard flinging and the fact that I just kept my head down being so reserved did not help.
My work is very manual too so do not use grammar alot anyway in day to day dealings with people.I've got an interview Tuesday to bring some more work in and the boss of the firm is very middle class so hopefully I'll come across well because she's very correct with her speech so feeling a bit nervous.
Bejesus I've just realised my lack of full stops in all my posts,hope I don't talk like this in real life because we really want to move house so need a foothold in this new area to make our cost of living cheaper..better sort it before Tuesday.

Another thing people might get anal about is that you don't use a space after your commas and periods. When I was a teenager I didn't do that but I slowly trained myself to remember to put spaces where they are supposed to be. A problem that I will probably never grow out of is that I almost never use capitalization if I'm having a conversation over some kind of chat software. I just don't care enough to bother.

kamya said:
Joturbo said:
Seahorse said:

Thanks for picking me up on that Seahorse.I was only average at English at school and the teachers being a bit erratic with their tempers and chalkboard flinging and the fact that I just kept my head down being so reserved did not help.

Another thing people might get anal about is that you don't use a space after your commas and periods. When I was a teenager I didn't do that but I slowly trained myself to remember to put spaces where they are supposed to be. A problem that I will probably never grow out of is that I almost never use capitalization if I'm having a conversation over some kind of chat software. I just don't care enough to bother.

Thanks Kamya for your input. Always respect your level headed advice, and you can teach an old dog new tricks, cheers mate

Volt said:
^ Glasses can be a plus.

Joturbo said:
Don't want to blow ones own trumpet...but maybe  you're just going to attract a better class of dude...black frames by any chance...ladies in glasses omg :p
MisterLonely said:
If you want to stop attracting dudes glasses are not going to help, we see right through them ... (badum tsss)

Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence guys! :)

I wish that people, or rather certain people, would stop constantly making commitments that they cannot keep.

Joturbo said:
Seahorse said:

Thanks for picking me up on that Seahorse.I was only average at English at school and the teachers being a bit erratic with their tempers and chalkboard rubber flinging and the fact that I just kept my head down being so reserved did not help.

I wasn't meaning to call any one out, sorry.

I'm so bored, and also wondering if it's ever possible to only make a reasonable amount of pasta. I always make too much then get a tummy ache.

Latest posts

Back