what are your goals in life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fightclub

Reaction score
Do you have any, do you meet them, do they always fall apart, do you hit a brick wall, do you go in the wrong direction, do you just go with the flow, do you find sometimes mistakes work out better than plans.

or all of the above, I have so many plans but just as I am getting somewhere I loose interest??? -motivation struggle with staying motivated focussed as have so many diffrent ambitions.

I have some dreams...

- I want to find my true love (who is my best friend at the same time)
- I want to be healthy (mentally and physically)
- Get a kitten or a puppy
- Own home
- Good job

Very normal goals.

Just to keep breathin' and love my kids. All the other ones have gone down the toilet.

- Visit every country
- See all the wonders of the world, http://www.hillmanwonders.com/ (that's one of my favourite lists)
- Learn more languages
- Learn more instruments
- Know someone in every country (a bit unrealistic, but I'll try)
- Join a travelling entertainment troupe for a little while

Hopefully I can get all that done :p

Blah blah blah. blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH.
That was you right ?

On topic though: meh.. screw it, I've lost all motivation to stay on topic. >_>
Oh yeah.. euhm.. goals.
Yeah, I want to get healthy, and find a beautiful and attractive blonde who realizes what a violent crime to the planet it would be to have children :D

I want to spend 6 months backpacking through the UK and parts of Europe visiting ancient sites. I will have enough money and be in a position to do that in a few years.

So you have these goals, do you have a plan or ways you manage to get them.

Some one once told me in the late 80’s they were reading a book on arnold Schwarzenegger and he planned his whole life out at 15. Recently I have come across self help ideas about having some kind of plan and ways to get your plan working. A lot of this is from the US as it well under way there and it is starting to crop up here now paul mckenna being one charging several hundred for advice in some big venue in London. I have found it to be of some use. The only thing is there are so many different views on how to change your life it can get confusing at times on the best option to take.

What I do like is it really helps your mental well being you feel very positive when you have a plan of what you want and how you are going to get it. Also some of the exercises make you realise anything is possible within if you put your mind to it.

In primary school I announced I wanted to be an astronaut. Its been pretty much downhill since then really.

It seems that I've only had dreams, and not enough goals. And very little motivation, for that matter. My career plans have been an ever changing story since high school. Each one I pursue leads to a dead end for me for various reasons, and it bothers me all the time what I'm going to make of myself, and how.

fightclub said:
So you have these goals, do you have a plan or ways you manage to get them.

Yes, I have plans.

I try to get more healthy at first, before I start to achieve those other dreams.

Health is always first.

DreamerDeceiver said:
It seems that I've only had dreams, and not enough goals. And very little motivation, for that matter. My career plans have been an ever changing story since high school. Each one I pursue leads to a dead end for me for various reasons, and it bothers me all the time what I'm going to make of myself, and how.

I have had loads of jobs, happens to the best of us, I think I am settling in to current post, I went and got some good career advice someone who really took time with me sat and talked about my life over a cup of tea for half hour met up a couple of times. My job aint rocket science but I seem to be quiet good at it. There is also alot of work with few quals needed to get into care work.

On the subject of motivation I found this video had something as I am the same:

AT LONELY FAIRY, I am also on a get fit mind set I have some stepping stones and one of the first ones before I can jump to the next one is to get fit, it has nothing to do with self esteam its for the type of work I want to go into needs me to be very fit.

interesting thread.

Oh so many.....

1. learn to love and accept who I am
2. Break free of this curse called, "Mental Illness!"
3.Learn To Drive (Driving freaks me out)
4.Get A Job
5.Girlfriend (First Kiss, First Girlfriend, Fall In Love, etc)
6.Pet a Penguin (My favorite animal)
7.Become affiliated with video games in some way
8.At least make an attempt at having a podcast
9.Yell something stupid really loud in a public setting without experiencing some type of anxiety
10.????
11.Profit

I feel I have forgotten most of my dreams/goals while working on feeling better. It's become an obsession, and I sort of can't focus on anything besides it anymore. Gah! I was going to write that I do the same as lonelyfairy though - trying to feel healthy first, since I think it's a condition for the others, in the long term. I just haven't got the right balance at the moment. Though that's not appropriate on a Positivity thread, so I'll be quiet about that here :p

As said, I don't see my dreams and goals in front of me any longer, the way I used to. I guess they don't feel realistic at the moment, so it's hard to feel motivated by them. One of the things I'm passionate about though, is sociology. There are a lot of things that interest me, but that's one out of few interests I genuinly feel would be a personal loss if I couldn't pursue it. Or almost anything that has to do with how we percept reality and what we do with that information.

I think there aren't any real obstacles for me in order to achieve it, either, since education is free in Sweden and I have the grades needed. That feels good!

Some other stuff I'd like to do would be;
Go on a long hike, with someone I like, for a long, long time.
Learn to fly (small airplanes).
Feel genuin connection with people more often.
To have something that motivates me a lot, even when life feels hard (hope, I guess).
To live on a farm for a while, and have cows! :)
To become really skilled at a couple of things, and have a lot of knowledge on them.

... to be able to express myself a little bit easier, and get to the point quicker :p. Though that doesn't qualify as life goal, of course.

Achieving some sembalance of happiness. Being my own master. Doing good things. Becoming a better artist. Finishing my comic. Owning a pair of dogs. Maybe find someone in this world to make me happy, but I doubt that'll pan out. Visit New Zealand before I die, hopefully finding it hasn't turned into a giant parking lot.

I've got all sorts of lofty ambitions, desires and goals.

Really they're all running quietly in the background right now though. The only thing I want at the present is my first kiss.

Unfortunately I'm still a long, long way from this I think :(

silver birch leaves said:
I'm happy with my life as it is. I need peace of mind only.

Good that your happy with your current life. Good lick on finding your peace of mind. :D

I think looking at that link again I have the pull motivation in me already I can be full of beans alot of the time.

Latest posts

Back