What did you do to Raise your self esteem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do to raise your self esteem?

• Read books

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Go to seminars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • buy programs, DVDs

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Talk to successful / confident peeps

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nothing yet

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Reading books, going to seminars, buying DVDS or programs, and talking to successful and/or confident people isn't something that would help me. Thinking about it, probably make things worse.

Working out and thinking calmly and logically. Working out increased my confidence around other people, especially girls. And thinking with patience and logic allows me to analyze why I feel sad/depressed/etc. and then fix what's making me feel like that.

I participated in several activities such as basketball, martial arts, and chess. When you are good at these things, it makes you feel better about yourself because of all of the rewards that come with doing your very best to improve.

Where's Lonesome Crow? I miss him and his crazy awesome posts :(

PS I agree with Lone Killer - there are so many "real life" activities that work better than books & seminars. I actually detest most seminars and conferences cos they attract people who are a) boring and b) self-interested networkers. I find exercise is a great way to build self-confidence, and forcing yourself to interact with people in real life, even when you'd rather hide under a blanket :p

Lonesome Crow been banished from the forums.

Guess the moderators didn't like him dropping "F" bombs
all the time.

@stranger,
I actually didn't go to any seminars. I watch them
from home :D

And I only pick ones I KNOW are good.
Mainly Jim Rohn's stuff =)

@ AdamGoldman - wow, I've never heard of Jim Rohn - will check it out... thanks for the suggestion :p

I work out when I can. I don't appear to change much but I don't gain weight which is good. I like how I am. Baths can be very soothing. I can sorta clean my mind as well as my body in the bath. I bike ride when I can. It's really nice in the rain. Although now my bike has a puncture. I will write when I can and make art. Although I have to been in the right mood to do those effectively. Plus making art usually has costs so I need money. Hanging out with mates helps a lot. I'd do it every day if I could. I used to years ago but times change. Working is helpful in many many ways. I think a proper job could help me ten fold. At the moment though, my employer has little work, if any for me which sucks. Lastly, I think cleaning can help. I am at home a lot and I live in a pretty old, poorly maintained council house. It's not decorated well at all but when it's cleaned it makes me happy.

lmao....
if only the mod knew about the pm i got from that little burger
prior to my response. Incidently I didnt use the F bomb on that particular day.lol
I was using the PG-13 version of telling someone to fresia off. :)

Anyway, Ive been rather bussied.
Ive been helping my childhood freind's and his mom (im like her second wacked out son.lol)
fix a major water leak at the trailor park they own. She's kindda taking me in like her own.
She's also like a mother to me. She's been talking to me and listening to me alot.
Of course my troubles with women.lmao

I stay in the recreation building of their big house when i stay there.
So i had to stay there for a week to makesure the main water line
dont exploded.lmao I did a temp repair job on it until a plumber
can install the proper material

Of course about a month ago a girl that lives at the trailor park (Sarah)
cames over to visit me all the time. My friend's mom kind da freaked out
cuase Sarah was wearing a tight mini skirt/dress with her tits and ass hanging out.
I took her out to dinner that night....
But I just had a little talking session with my friends mom about..."no girls" Mikie.lmao
As i say...She loves me as if Im her own son.
sarah-10.jpg

Sarah is only 24. She's rather young and wild.
Of course Sarah have been visiting me lots. lol
All i can say is Sarah and I made full useage of the recreation room
and going out and stuff.

Me and sarah playing in the rec room....its the pg-13 version :p
sarah26.jpg

Ive been talking to my daughter Kimberly. She means the world to me.
Alot of my heartaches and worries are centerd or kind of evolve around Kimi.
No matter how bad i mght feel or even if I get banned from wherever....
Hearing from Kimi always comforts my heart.

I was also talking to Heather last night about how she makes decisions.
Heather is young but she has kids....

But whats been really bothering me is...I feel I'm not in control of my life.
Kimerly's mom (Sassy) and I separated a couple of months ago (again.lol)
My life is a total mess and Im still very much in love and still love Sassy.

For a couple of weeks I felt like the world had turn it's back on me again.
My friend didnt like Sarah liking me and Heather talking to me all the time.
I also lent my freind some money. Money i know I'll never get back.
Not just $20...I'm talking about a thousand.
(it's fucken retarted..he's the one that's rich and Im the person that's struggling.lol)
So he wasnt being too cool or wasnt too happy seeing Sarah and I going out.

Ive also been struggling with my own mother. All the stuff that I'm currently
going are triggering a lot of deep old wounds. My mom abandent me as a child.
As i feel she's treating me that same, now. She'll brush me aside. I still need my mother.
Thats why I'm having to bounce back and forth between my #1 mom and #2 mom.lol
As Kimberly will always need me to be her father no matter how old she is.
Kimi was adandent at birth. She struggle lots.
Its like a double edge sword with Kimi. I love her very much.
I also feel very sad and hurt for her. The things she has to endur. Things ive endure
and wish upon no one...yet my own child has to live it and experince it too.

For a couple of days..I couldnt get a hold of anyone.
Piont blank....I needed to be ok with me.
Most importantly...do things for me. Take care of myself.
At some level Ive felt ive became dependent on other people.
It's been very fustrating. Ive been saving money for another car.
Trying to move on with my life...starting from scratch.

Anyways...I took a bus to LA to get a cAr. Without even seeing
a car in person I had to purchase that car or be stranded in LA.
I took that risk. I had to do it for me so that I feel or is doing something
positive about my life. Id traveled far and wide. I Took major risk for Sassy.
No one would give me a ride to LA.(Point blank.) Now Im taking that risk for me.

The car runs great. Im grateful something went in my favor. The seller wasnt
entirely straight forward up front with me about everything..but the car runs great.
It was a 200 miles drive home....
35 miles outside of town i had a fucken tired blow up on me. :(
I counldnt get the blown tire off of my car becuase it had locking lugs on the wheels
and I didnt have to lug keys.lol
Alone in the fucken dark...no one stopped for me. It was past midnight.lmao
I called everyone I knew...No one answered.lmao ( piont blank)

So i dial 911 after ******* with the tire for an hour.
The dude that came out to fix my tire couldnt get the **** wheel off either.lmao
So i had to empty out my bank account so he would tow my caR home.
By the time i got home it was 3 AM.lmao

I woke up the next day and purchased lug keys. I took off the **** wheel myself.
I also had to fucken beg the tired dude to sell me a used tire for $25..Thats all the money
I had left. He wanted $50. car has corvette tires.lmao

K...that wasnt the hardest thing Ive had to lived through...
But it wasn't a cake walk either.

I did it for me. I can take care of myself.
Im taking my own life back a little bit at a time.
Whatever aversities or challenges got thrown at me... I delt with it.
I feel good about myself. I got honeysuckle done without being too dependent on other people.

The experince wasnt all bad...I met a new chick name Lilly while
I was in LA. She asked for my number after we spoke for 5-10 mins.

my current ride...
A TransAm with a 5.7 corevette engine. it's sup up with high performance exhaust and intake.
It has corvette wheels and tires. it's also has a T top and loaded with power everything.
Hot fast cars. Hot fast women burning rubber. :)
transam-1.jpg

My next step is to retrieve my guitar. My belongings are scattered all over the place.
I left it to be with Sassy. I lost my truck while i was with Sassy.

I stopped caring about anything and anyone so whatever the result of any action or interaction can do little to make me be interested.This is the wining formula.

Exercise: endorphins. Serotonin. Studies show people are lazy and low because they are afraid of failure and don't want to improve and multiply their personalities because they think they can't attempt a struggle with something they don't think they are good at. Being good at something, having interests boosts self-esteem, and according to many Stanford studies, these are some examples that boost well-being along with daily exercise: music, religious participating, collective group interactions, be it town meetings, etc, reading, news/current event involvement, not being complacent, spending daily MODERATE effort in physical appearance. Just don't go overboard. Watching what you eat helps self-esteem a ton.

I never developed self-esteem as a kid, so I had to learn it from a book later in life. What resonated with me was the concept that your OWN opinion of yourself is what matters - not other people's opinion of you.

These days I think I have fairly decent self-esteem, because I know I've tried my best to meet the challenges that life has thrown at me, and to treat others with kindness and respect along the way.

Latest posts

Back