What do you do to feel safe and secure?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I draw, write, read comic books, watch old cartoons on YouTube, hide away in my own little fantasy world :D. And I stay of Facebook, not a good place to go sometimes.

Hi-

What an interesting question. I'm not sure I've ever felt completely safe and secure. I don't know whether that's a negative thing or not. I'm a happy person and I like my life, though.

Teresa

Being able to withdraw my mind, from the outside world - preferably
sitting in a quiet, dark corner. Watching my mind settle into its own true, unbreakable nature. That's security for me.

If I can't feel safe then I'm out of there. Shut out the noise of the outside world, some days I've just had enough of ppl. Shut the phone off and lock doors. Into my reflective time and wondering why these psychos are acting the way they are??? And get my fractured self back together-good ole peace and quiet. I can walk into a roomful of ppl and walk back out not have of spoken to any of them cause they're acting all that and more-no thank you...(ex: X-mas party).

i get comfy on the couch and watch repeats of my favorite shows..... or just go to bed. That is for emotional security.

Tuff one. Honestly, usually just getting home would help me a lot. Not these days. I'm getting a tad paranoid about my home since I know my neighbours can hear me (yay for sub-par soundproofing in soviet style block apartment buildings) and have heard hurtful things I couldn't just push aside mentally...*Sigggh* One reason I moved to my new apartment, which wasn't much better, but at least I don't have to put up with verbal abuse. Still, thanks to the wonders of modern (bleep) stereos, I now have to enjoy the constant boom-boom-boom of bass from the ass downstairs.

I know I'm very sensitive to sound and the likes, doesn't need to be pointed out. Tried all sorts of remedies, too. So, best thing I could come up with to make myself feel at home and secure is just start my computer and put on my WinAmp and play music all day long to drown out the background noises. Does wonders for my stress levels. Still moving in the hopes that I could enjoy some silent moments during the day as well, at least at night, but the way buildings were built in this area, it is doubtful at best if I manage to land in on a fantastic apartment where the sound proofing is more than nil.

And when all else fails, I daydream of a better tomorrow. Or watch 'A Better Tomorrow'. :D Used to be that I could just toss myself on the bed after a day's work and cool off, but nowadays the bed is just a place where I can't sleep and produces anxiety.

I got my own place. I hold a 2.5' blade all night under my pillow.

The only time I feel emotionally secrue and safe is when I'm in bed with another person or sleeping on their side (however sometimes that can have the opposite effect).

Hey Bread try some of those "white noise" machines drowns all that honeysuckle out. And there not expensitive. Peace and quiet-oh yea...

queenwindbaby said:
Hey Bread try some of those "white noise" machines drowns all that honeysuckle out. And there not expensitive. Peace and quiet-oh yea...

Only thing I pretty much haven't tried. Gone thru ear plugs, sleeping meds (those help but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in medication to fulfill a basic need) and music and whatnot. I did a lot of irrational purchases back when I hardly got any shuteye, desperate to get some help to my situation.

Still, currently using SleepPhones, which are okay since I tend to toss and turn my head in my sleep, but even with them, I still wake from time to time during the night (they don't really block out much of the outside noise since the 'plugs' are outside your ears in the bandana). I'm still dead set on moving out and onwards, my current apartment has a lot of bad memories and vibe to it. A home should be a place where a fella can rest at the end of the day, free from harassment from your fellow man. *Sigh* So, the reason I'm crashing at my bro's for the time being.

Still, thanks for the advice all the same.

Latest posts

Back