What do you feel about the whole "self" movement?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans

Reaction score
Some people clearly don't understand what being lonely is all about. Some people say that our loneliness is because we want to be desired, and wanted and that is wrong to feel that way.

I'm so tired of that.....

I even saw a quote that says "If you feel lonely being alone, your company is pretty boring."

Something like that.

Has everyone gone so cold? Do people don't want to be bothered these days? They're just happy being on their own?

I don't mind been alone.

I just want to be liked and people to notice me.

Everytime a woman is nice to me, I think it's because they feel sorry for me. It's all sympathy, nothing more !

When I talk to myself, I at least understand my jokes. :cool:

...and that's better than I get with other people!

I'm comfortable being alone, and occasionally revert back to my sociophobic days when I need to avoid crowds and people to be alone. I do look for people quite often, though.

grainofrice24 said:
I am content when I'm alone, it's much better than having someone bug you. But I'm HAPPY when i'm with others...:rolleyes:

Hmm no idea, seems contradictory what some people say on here. If you're really lonely, you'd suffer from pain in your heart. Real pain. But I don't think everyone on here is really lonely even when they say they are.

I don't understand the question. Are you attacking people for "not feeling lonely enough"? What do you care?

Pheenix said:
Are you attacking people for "not feeling lonely enough"?

Why do you take it that way? This is a forum for people experiencing loneliness. I just see that some people don't seem to be have that but other times they say they have it, and then they don't really, but maybe they do a little, but then they're happy with others, or alone. It's really hard to tell.

Pheenix said:
What do you care?

Coz I do. Thanks.

What I mean is: How can you attack someone for not feeling lonely enough? They are clearly distressed if they have to write about it online. This isn't a competition for about who has the most right to feel sorry for himself.

But I am clearly still misunderstanding where you are coming from, so I might be responding wrong.

Pheenix said:
What I mean is: How can you attack someone for not feeling lonely enough? They are clearly distressed if they have to write about it online. This isn't a competition for about who has the most right to feel sorry for himself.

If you think that is what I meant, go ahead. That's not what I meant. I am saying I don't think they are feeling lonely. They seem happy.
But you insist on seeing things the way you want to just to lash out on me. Then by all means, interpret it whichever you want to. Don't bother replying because I'm unsubscribing.

*Edited after mild outburst of rage*

I have said twice now that I probably misunderstood your message, so please do not try to guilt trip me about lashing out at you. How could I make it more clear that I wasn't sure quite what your opinion was?

Latest posts

Back