What do you like about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWickedOne said:
I like my mind - it knows quite a bit.

Now *that* is an excellent thing to like about oneself.

A knowing mind is wonderful!

Welcome to the forum, TheWickedOne! :)

Hugs!

Never said:
I like that I am a good listener.

Welcome to the forum, Never!

You'll find that being a good listener is a *highly* appreciated trait on this forum (as far as I can tell) and it's a wonderful trait to have in general.

Good for you! :)

Hugs!

I was putting on my socks today when I noticed something; I have a lot of little scars, bumps and bruises on my body. I like them. I have scars from my job, from raising my two dogs from puppies, from being a big sister,from being stressed and lost and depressed, from being someone who forgets themselves and literally and figuratively throws themselves into whatever they are doing. I like the scars that are left behind, even if they make me look like a scrape-kneed third grader whenever I am in a dress. Who cares, how often do I wear one of those anyway?

I like that I'm usually pretty good at reading people. I used to use it a lot as a way of cheering people up or making them smile, I miss doing that.

iwasaloverb4thiswar said:
I was putting on my socks today when I noticed something; I have a lot of little scars, bumps and bruises on my body. I like them. I have scars from my job, from raising my two dogs from puppies, from being a big sister,from being stressed and lost and depressed, from being someone who forgets themselves and literally and figuratively throws themselves into whatever they are doing. I like the scars that are left behind, even if they make me look like a scrape-kneed third grader whenever I am in a dress. Who cares, how often do I wear one of those anyway?

LOL I love my scars, too. They make me feel like a tough warrior man. :D:p

My biggest scar is on my left hand ring finger. The top half-inch of my finger was pretty much cut off (it was hanging by a thin piece of skin), so now I have a crazy scar going all the way around that finger like a half-inch from the tip of the finger. I actually have no feeling in the tip of that finger :( lol...oh well.

----Steve

"Never Wrote:
I like that I am a good listener."

To Be REALLY REALLY HONEST HERE..I Hate Myself ...but as Never im a good listener too .

that fact that i can tell a woman to STFU..(which she never listens to me of course.)

MaskOfHappiness said:
"Never Wrote:
I like that I am a good listener."

To Be REALLY REALLY HONEST HERE..I Hate Myself ...but as Never im a good listener too .
MaskOfHappiness - being a good listener is awesome!

And I am *positive* that you have other wonderful qualities that you're missing.

Hugs! :)

Xelha said:
I like that I'm usually pretty good at reading people. I used to use it a lot as a way of cheering people up or making them smile, I miss doing that.

So today I'm answering the thread backwards.. ;-)

Xelha, reading people is one of the best skills a person could wish for. Means you're much less likely to get played, which is awesome! :)

I love that you used it to cheer people up and make them smile. That makes you a rare and wonderful asset in the world.

I hope you have the opportunity to get back to making people smile and happy. (Though reading people on the forum is a completely different skillset..)

You sound like a wonderful person to know!

Hugs! :)

I like that i seem to be learning to maintain some balance in my life. Between work/fun, stress/relaxation.
I like that i am more accepting of myself and my situation. I can actually focus on "being able to do things" rather than "not being able to do things." More than before, anyway.

I am funny.

I am loyal.

I have a knock-out left elbow... or so I have been told. The fellow might just have had an elbow fetish. :)

I won't deliberately lie to or cheat anyone. that i consider others and am not totally self centered. that i will give people the room to have their own opinions and not feel the need to argue or push my ideas/philosophies on them. my humour. trying to see the good in others. respect.

Unacceptance said:
Serious topic. One thing you like about yourself. You can't leave this thread without posting it, no matter how arbitrary or unimportant you think it is.

Go.
Well, there aren't many things that i LIKE about myself but there are a few. I like how kind I am, I like my overall character, and I like my backround. (country wise) That is all. other than that, I absolutely hate myself. my looks, fears, voice, my stupid nose, my spine, my bones, my sudden shyness when it comes to girls, my dark outlook on life, me, and my future, etc.

im DA bomb!
no but really, i dunno, sat at the computer thinking of one good thing to share. and im still lost so ill just keep typing untill...
ok i got it

im a good guy to have around for some laughs

I like that I'm not a lazy person, because it means I can get through things that I don't like to do, but have to do (work, chores)- and generally do well in things I like to do (gym, training in sports).

Latest posts

Back