What do you love doing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrytree

Reaction score
I read an article in the "Essential Articles" forum a while ago, and while writing a post on how to escape boredom I had a great idea. Now if you often find yourself bored, you feel like you have nothing to do (or you don't feel like doing anything), your life seems pointless and it's always the same.. then stick with this thread. I hope it can be of some help to you.

First, let me give you the essence of one paragraph in that article (Develop Interests, Participate in Activites).
Perhaps one of the most common reasons for depression is a lack of enough interests and activities. A small number of them tends to become routine and often boring. Interests and activities are very important in mental health, contributing to self-esteem and happiness. They give satisfaction, help make you feel good about yourself, and keep your mind off problems and negative thoughts and emotions. Simply cultivating them can sometimes cure depression, grief, addiction, explosive anger, anxiety, excessive worrying, or guilt, especially if you do the activities whenever you feel the negative emotion. They are also important social skills that give you pleasant and interesting things to talk about, improving your conversation skills and helping in making and keeping friends.

So what it comes down to is that engaging in activities and practising hobbies is very important in several ways. I could go into some more psychological mambo-jumbo as to why, but I'll just get to the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that you post all the things you love doing. Or give some general recommendations.

Latest posts

Back