What do you think is the biggest mistake that men/women make in their relationships?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we forget the little things in the big scheme of love

-the hug
-the look
-the beeing quiet together
-the briefest touch
-the 'how was your day hun'
-the 'thank you'

crescendo.daNiente said:
Being schizophrenic.

do you really think this is something that someone can choose, therefore making it a mistake?
or are you saying admitting that you are schizophrenic?

ledchick said:
crescendo.daNiente said:
Being schizophrenic.

do you really think this is something that someone can choose, therefore making it a mistake?
or are you saying admitting that you are schizophrenic?

My schizophrenia has caused girls I've dated to seek comfort in stronger men. So yes, it's a problem.

L believe the biggest mistake for any person in a relation,is expecting to much from the other partner without thinking of the consequences.And also a relation will get of the wrong footing if that person is only thinking of what that person can gain from the other partner through selfish motives,instead of thinking of what he can gain through mental wealth.
Materialistic thinking is a one way course to a breakdown in a relationship,due to the fact of what chasing of money can ruin in a relationship.
The love of money is the root to a relationships injury.But a love for each other is a blessing that will flourish within that results in a sense of an inner well being with each other.
Money destroys,love conquers

EveWasFramed said:
What do you think is the biggest mistake that men/women make in their relationships?

Ultimately, a lack of honest communication.

cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

And over-reacting to it, which hinders the flow of honest communication.

Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

Or, instead of over-reacting to it (or possibly in addition to it): reading more into what the other person says or doesn't say.

Talk about a clusterf*ck in the making.

im used to being comfortable and in my last relationship that lead to reslestness and the saying "im to young to settle" for me, from her.

you gotta shake things up. remind her shes all you ever wanted, and every second is presious with her....*sniffle*

Not appreciating the other person and making a mistake of not setting emotional boundaries with others. If you dont do this then you run the risk of them drifting from you or an affair occuring. This is just imo of course. :)

cheaptrickfan said:
Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

Or, instead of over-reacting to it (or possibly in addition to it): reading more into what the other person says or doesn't say.

I've been guilty of all of these mistakes, and I've had them all from others. My whole romantic life has been a clusterf*ck.

Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

I've been guilty of all of these mistakes, and I've had them all from others. My whole romantic life has been a clusterf*ck.

I'm most guilty of reading more into what is said/not said. I over-analyze things, treat everything as if it were literature or an academic text. A lot of people tell me that men are simple; what they say is what they mean, but I've never bought that whole argument that men are guileless simpletons.

I admit that I can go overboard with the "What did he mean by using that word versus a different one?" I do that with everyone, in fact, not just in my romantic relationships. I have to tell myself consciously to chill and not read between the lines so much.

I have a fun dialogue going on inside my head at times. *eye roll*

Expect this whole fairy tale thing where everything is perfect like in movies.

My favourite quote should fit in here I guess...

"Assumption is the mother of all fresia ups"

:p

Oceanmist23 said:
My favourite quote should fit in here I guess...

"Assumption is the mother of all fresia ups"

:p

Yeah..Nastay
Like I said..U must make it the Boobie Shrine and sacrifies yourself
on the alter in order for a relationship to work.
None of that contemp prior to investigat'in crap either.

EveWasFramed said:

Treating the other person as an object for one's own happiness.

EveWasFramed said:

Communication is a big part, cause when stuff hits the fan that is when stuff gets hard for people to deal with the problem.

Taking others for granted, being too complacent within a relationship, being over/under-emotional, etc. It depends on the couple. Some people like this, some people like that, so another thing is just being a little mismatched I guess.

Latest posts

Back