What Do You Think The World Would Be Like If Everyone Could Read Each Other's Minds?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the world will be easy and difficult at the same time, and there will not be any action in the life

Sometimes, the people need to lie, in order to avoid some problems and troubbles

For the FunkyBuddha, I like your reply

The world could be a better place, because nobody would be able to lie. Openness is very important.

Sprint said:
annik said:
No man would ever have to hear that annoying "what are you thinking?" question and would never again have to desperately make up something deep on the spot...

Hey some of us are not making it up :D

He he no I guess some are not. Though I say that after been told by guys that its a situation and question they dread rather than as a girl who's had crap answers as to be fair I've never asked the question.

lonelyfairy said:
Openness is very important.

Deception is really the best tool evil has. That hypothetical rapist who could see us coming wouldn't be able to operate so who cares? His problem.

Not all "lies" are bad. Yes you couldn't deceive someone but neither could you spare their feelings. Everyone has done this. Even on the smallest scale.

and sometimes it's not a lie so much as something that doesn't have a thing to do with the other person and is none of their business. is it everyones business if a young girl got raped? would she want to hear everyone's sneering thoughts about how slutty she is at school? trust me. it happens enough with spoken word.

I read a short story once about a country where everyone developed the ability to read each others' mind.
they all ended up living in isolation.

I could probably write half a book about this, but instead I'll just focus on one aspect. Okay, maybe two.

First of all, people would find new ways to deceive, trick, and protect. There would be people who would be more resistant to this mindreading, and there would be people who mentally fortify themselves to the point where nobody would be able to read them accurately anymore.

Then there's the question remaining of what reality is, and how thoughts fit into this. We have all kinds of thoughts on all kinds of levels, and taking into account dreams would make this matter infinitely more complicated, as they too as thoughts, yet when thinking about them, it would to a potetnial mind-reader appear as if the person is thinking about reality. Dreams are essentially thoughts that could rival any other thought in that aspect.

There'd be other problems, like people who have multiple thoughts on different levels at the same time, it would make a real mess of interpreting things, not even to mention people who would become so adept at forging false thoughts that nobody would ever again be able to find out true intentions.

I could go on for a LONG time, but a long story short - it would be ******* chaos. Everywhere.

There would be no more CIA and undercover operatives.

People would be like "oh, you're a russian spy. GTFO!"

Vagrant Legacy said:
First of all, people would find new ways to deceive, trick, and protect. There would be people who would be more resistant to this mindreading, and there would be people who mentally fortify themselves to the point where nobody would be able to read them accurately anymore.

I was thinking something along these lines too...

Well, if people found ways around it, then it wouldn't be a state where you could really read people's minds, would it?

Come on. Everyone's running around with hurt feelings NOW. Most of those don't even have a basis in reality. And the ones that do would have easily been either avoided (not meaning by tin foil hats) or assuaged by truth in other situations.

It would be chaos, the absolute end, for the way most people live their lives, as parasites.

Latest posts

Back