What do you want?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
While I know this forum is about all kinds of loneliness, I have noticed a lot of loneliness related to not having a significant other or having been in a relationship that wasn't with the right person.

I read once that it helps to make a list of qualities that you want in a significant other and some believe that by doing so, you draw that type of person to you.

I was wondering what qualities are most important to you in a "soul mate." You can share as many as you like and try to put them in order please. : )

In my opinion I would want my partner to be kind and considerate, able to think for themselves, have friends that they can share their life with...above all though it is very simple.

All I want from someone is for them to love me as much as I would love them.

I want my significant other to be interesting and not boring and to have a sense of adventure >_<

he doesn't.

I would love to have some1 understand me. I want to be held and squeezed, reassured. I want a strength, some1 to be my tree when the wind blows and yet offer me the softnees of the canopy when I need affection and attention. A sense of humor is a must. There are more insignificant things, but these would be my deepest desires in a partner.

davechaos said:
In my opinion I would want my partner to be kind and considerate, able to think for themselves, have friends that they can share their life with...above all though it is very simple.

All I want from someone is for them to love me as much as I would love them.

my thoughts exactly..

Robin said:
Similarity, someone just like myself.

Wouldn't that get boring? Not that you yourself are boring, just that if you have the same likes and dislikes, you will never be exposed to anything new. I think it would be redundant after a while.

penny143 said:
Robin said:
Similarity, someone just like myself.

Wouldn't that get boring? Not that you yourself are boring, just that if you have the same likes and dislikes, you will never be exposed to anything new. I think it would be redundant after a while.

Hehe, You sound just like my spouse. No, it wouldn't be boring if You aren't a boring person. When You see Yourself as the ideal person and when You already know what You want to do in life, a second one like Yourself is a dream. Imagine having someone who enjoy just the same things as You, and who want to do them as much as You. If You're creative and active, finding new things to do never is a problem. Your partner isn't supposed to be the one who bring You the new things to be exposed to, You should have that figured out within You already! A partner, in my point of view, is the one You share everything You already have planned out with to improve life in every way, to make that road easier and more meaningful. And what would be better than to have someone who is just as loving, funny, silly, smart, creative, active etc. as Yourself? I believe the term "soul-mate" is relative, and in my case, i'd love someone just like myself to spend my life with. If You don't like Yourself, i totally understand what You mean though.

Robin said:
If You don't like Yourself, i totally understand what You mean though.

Exactly... A person just like me would bug the livin crap outta me... I want a woman made entirely of chocolate... I know they already do that with bunny rabbits, but there are laws against that sort of thing...

u crack me up.

Willing to work together toward same thing. Trusting and not forcing his will on anybody, some one who gives me my space, not pushy and willing to sacrifice.

I would like to meet someone who is prepared to look past the exterior and learn to know the person inside.

Also someone who would have a heart that is giving, and someone who likes cuddles (especially after you-know-what).

God thats awful, I sound like a woman :-(

Only thing that really matters for me when choosing a life partner is that I love her so much that I am ready to unite with her in flesh and soul. And that she loves me back as much. As the broken and imperfect human being I am.

I try to avoid having preferences since I feel whole is more than sum of its parts. :) Each person is unique and most have some characteristics that I can find attractive, but naturally I am generally more attracted to certain types of people. For example the generic partyanimal type of girls are usually the kind I rarely look for potential partner. Often their view on life and preferences on ways to pass time are something that clash with my personality too much.

The core qualities that typically attract me though are things like: kindness, sense of humour, wisdom, calmness, intelligence, high morals and intimacy both physically and mentally. These are somewhat in right order.

Would also like alot if she would share atleast some of my interests. Be it philosophy, games, fantasy in general etc. I have hard time imaging myself with ”normal” person who doesn’t have any interest to things I hold dear. Thinking it would be too difficult to build deep connection without something like that uniting us.

As for appearence, I am not asking moon from the sky. I can find people of different sizes, shapes and colors beautiful. Love makes you blind to aesthetical flaws the person might have. :) I would prefer someone who is short though. Don’t know why really, perhaps it is just some primal instinct type of thing. Or just my personally refined taste of beauty.

RobertJW said:
God thats awful, I sound like a woman :-(

You sound very humane and pure to me. :) No need to feel shunned about it. Not every man needs to be the caveman type that has testosterone pouring from their nostrils and ears, with heart made from cold stone.

Fodderboy said:
Exactly... A person just like me would bug the livin crap outta me... I want a woman made entirely of chocolate... I know they already do that with bunny rabbits, but there are laws against that sort of thing...

That wouldn't work. I have enough problems without going to jail for biting the head off my girlfriend.

This is nothing but a daydream but we all need them!
Someone to have a laugh with(just now that feels really important)
I used to laugh a lot and I miss it.
Someone to respect my wishes and thoughts, even if they don't agree with them.
Someone I want to grow old with and them with me.
Someone who would help me with my massive garden, because they want to.

JustLost said:
Fodderboy said:

That wouldn't work. I have enough problems without going to jail for biting the head off my girlfriend.

JustLost, you are one of those people that start on the ears of your easterbunny, aren't you? That is a good point, though... I think you'd have to start at the extremities and work your way in...

... Not that I've given the matter any thought... Cause... Well... Then it's considered premedatated...

Frost Burn,
For 18, you really have it together! I was impressed by your answers. Sound like you have thought about it before.

Robert, You sound like a woman?? Never! Well......er.... maybe just a little bit. :p...lol you know I'm kidding you! I think you have a great point.

(((((Scotsgirl))))) I think you have a great list of qualities.

Just Lost, Fodder, I dunnoh 'bout you two....lol :p

What do I want..... I want honesty. And I want someone who likes me just the way I am. Someone who appreciates love, and love me back.

Just as a bonus, someone who could endure my musical taste ^^

Someone who is honest and loyal, who makes me feel like I'm worthy. Who loves me and to who I can give all my love. I want someone who I don't have to pretend with.

Smart, funny and able to take dozens of awful jokes a day without hitting me would be a massive bonus but hey beggars can't be choosers!

i think i would just want someone who is kind honest respectful and fun to hang out with

Latest posts

Back