what does loneliness feel like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it feels like there is some small vicious creature living inside of me, slowly,constantly, and painfully gnawing at my insides

lonelyness feels diffrent for every1. Lonelinss  or me is sitting in the dark while all other rooms are light and just crying, cutting, screaming, drinking, poisoning myself etc.

For me, loneliness is a sense of overwhelming emptiness, and feeling totally alone against the world, with noone to really rely on. When I am with people, I often find I am speaking from the surface, from the shell which surrounds me, and not from what is inside me, and this is also loneliness.

Tiina63 said:
For me, loneliness is a sense of overwhelming emptiness, and feeling totally alone against the world, with noone to really rely on. When I am with people, I often find I am speaking from the surface, from the shell which surrounds me, and not from what is inside me, and this is also loneliness.

Well described. I agree..

Loneliness feels like I have not found that very very special connection with anyone yet.

Its like having nothing worth living for. Every day you have to watch people with their own friends, living the life you wish you had, and that crushing pain in your stomach gets worse and worse until your dark side comes out, you become so desperate just for comfort that you begin to secretly hope that people around you will lose their friends and be miserable like you.....thats as far as its gotten for me.

Fvantom said:
Its like having nothing worth living for. Every day you have to watch people with their own friends, living the life you wish you had, and that crushing pain in your stomach gets worse and worse until your dark side comes out, you become so desperate just for comfort that you begin to secretly hope that people around you will lose their friends and be miserable like you.....thats as far as its gotten for me.

This.

For me it feels like I traveled into a ruin cave with people that i trusted and they kick me into a hole with walls closing in on me very slowly and their happy about it. On the inside this is how it feels.

For me it's that sensation to do something attention grabbing when you're around people who could be your friends.

Like an emptiness inside your chest. Like walking through a giant, barren desert, without even the wind as a companion.

To me, loneliness feels like a void inside your core being, like an essential part of your self is missing. Like wanting to talk to someone but there not being anybody near. Like wanting to confess to somebody but the only thing accompanying you is yourself and Death. (I have a weird belief system; when I say Death, don't think that I'm being suicidal or something. I can gladly explain it for those willing to listen.)

Every time though, it feels painful, extremely painful. Like your inner self is reaching out for something but can never grasp it, always a moment short of grabbing it.

*sigh*

like **** on a stick

And yes, I know what **** on a stick feels like. Just... don't... ask... how...

For me it's mostly the gnawing feeling that I'm spending my time alive unfulfilled in what I want to do because I'm somehow different to other people.

Plus the feeling that things will be like this forever :(

for me loneliness feels like butterflies in my stomach and I feel suddenly extremely sad :(

Sometimes I'll feel depressed. I'll have this huge sensation of hopelessness and thoughts such as "I'll always be like this." but this is usually when I'm bored. I'm hardly ever lonely when I'm busy or when I have plans.
Though, when I did have a job, I think I felt more lonely when I was around people than in isolation, because sometimes, you want people to talk to you, but they won't,and they don't know that you want them to,and they probably think you're lonely (because I think there are certain mannerisms/characteristics with people that are hardcore not-by-choice-Loners.) For some reason, people don't want to say anything to people that appear lonely.

A heavy rock in the middle of the chest. A constant need of crying with no explanation. An urge to scream and destroy everything around you, to release the pain. An overwhelming feeling that death is better than this. You suddenly forget who you friends are, or you are affraid of bothering them. Just feel like rolling up in a corner and die, with this empty pain eating you up inside. And with your physical body craving someones arms to comfort you, and tell you they love you.... for real.

as someone else mentioned...
A sinking feeling, like butterflies (but ina bad way) heaviness, lost... just awful... one of the worst feelings a person can have.

Latest posts

Back