What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The house sounds wonderful. Be grateful the original house was made with real wood.

I admire old houses. They were made with skill by people who cared about their reputations. No cheap plastic or press board. Joints that fit. It's a pleasure to work on those... unless someone else has.

You want to hear about swearing? The idiots that built this place erred in the placement of the closet wall. They had to put the vanity in before the sheetrock for it to fit between the closet and the shower wall... They sheetrocked around it, and they brought the plumbing in from the side.

To get the old vanity out I had to tear out all the sheetrock and the plumbing. I can change out a vanity in 30 minutes. This one took a complete rebuild of the walls and plumbing. NOW I can change it in 30 minutes, but it took a week to correct it.

I couldn't make the closet smaller so my only option was to make the wall thinner. What a nightmare, mostly because it had the power running through the studs I was working.

The plumbing on the other bathroom was weird too, but at least it came in from the back. That vanity only too three days to replace.

The kitchen was a complete tear down and remondel from raw wood. That was fun. I built custom cabinets, one wraps the fridge and has a secret broom closet. Okay.. so the handle gives it away. But its a great use of what would have been wasted space. :D

I love it when something works out.
I just wish I could half that stuff. No wait...if I know what to tear down without causing more of a problem would be good. There have been a couple times I might've been too confident in my house projects. Like not knowing how to take a spring hinge off without **** near popping my thumb off. The door stayed down for like a month after I stripped all the old paint and got it back to its natural gorgeous look. Yes, I used the same hinges because I couldn't find any new ones to match up and I didn't want to put holes in the beautiful again door. I mean these are good solid wooden doors original to house.
Sheetrock here is a nightmare. Ive redone 2 rooms and they actually turned out really well even if it took me forever. Its the seams that they failed to disguise and it looks awful and the nailheads especially after we got it leveled some of the nails have popped just enough to be a nuisance. Honestly, most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing but no one else is ever going to live here in my lifetime so as long as it looks better to me I'm good.
Cabinets, oh my...custom cabinets are crazy expensive but at some point they're going to be required. This kitchen is going to have to be completely torn off too.
I think fixing old houses is much better than building a new one. That's one thing that's wrong with so many people, they want new new new. Once its old and no use or needs some attention its time to move on.
Man, you and Finished are my kind of men. Get in there and get honeysuckle done yourselves.

I just wish I could half that stuff. No wait...if I know what to tear down without causing more of a problem would be good. There have been a couple times I might've been too confident in my house projects. Like not knowing how to take a spring hinge off without **** near popping my thumb off. The door stayed down for like a month after I stripped all the old paint and got it back to its natural gorgeous look. Yes, I used the same hinges because I couldn't find any new ones to match up and I didn't want to put holes in the beautiful again door. I mean these are good solid wooden doors original to house.
Sheetrock here is a nightmare. Ive redone 2 rooms and they actually turned out really well even if it took me forever. Its the seams that they failed to disguise and it looks awful and the nailheads especially after we got it leveled some of the nails have popped just enough to be a nuisance. Honestly, most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing but no one else is ever going to live here in my lifetime so as long as it looks better to me I'm good.
Cabinets, oh my...custom cabinets are crazy expensive but at some point they're going to be required. This kitchen is going to have to be completely torn off too.
I think fixing old houses is much better than building a new one. That's one thing that's wrong with so many people, they want new new new. Once its old and no use or needs some attention its time to move on.
Man, you and Finished are my kind of men. Get in there and get honeysuckle done yourselves.
Yeah, those springy hinges can be tricky. But the more you do and the more problems you solve, the easier it all becomes.

A house is just a facade'. The structure is the foundation, frame and roof (power and plumbing are utilities). Everything else just covers up. Anything done can be redone. Skill comes from not being afraid to try.

I love a woman that can get down and dirty. ;)

All the websites are switching to "smart" search engines. Instead of returning results you ask for it returns the most profittable results. So, I have to go to Google and use their search engine to find stuff I want on other sites. It's really frustrating.

Also I'm ready getting annoyed by all the crap the sites are loading now. I don't need to see a picture of some family I don't care about. Just show me what I ask for and nothing else!

All the websites are switching to "smart" search engines. Instead of returning results you ask for it returns the most profittable results. So, I have to go to Google and use their search engine to find stuff I want on other sites. It's really frustrating.

Also I'm ready getting annoyed by all the crap the sites are loading now. I don't need to see a picture of some family I don't care about. Just show me what I ask for and nothing else!

Dude, for real. I wonder if YouTube does this. For some bands, it's like I'll type in the name of the song, and they'll show me anything BUT the song I want. I wind up having to leave YouTube and Google Video Search it on YouTube instead, and make my way back in a roundabout way.

It's annoying when companies, and people, put the pursuit of MAGAswag over functionality. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the thing.

Dude, for real. I wonder if YouTube does this. For some bands, it's like I'll type in the name of the song, and they'll show me anything BUT the song I want. I wind up having to leave YouTube and Google Video Search it instead.

It's annoying when companies, and people, put the pursuit of MAGAswag over functionality. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the thing.
Exactly! Ebay is really been screwing with the results too. I'll search for something. Click on one of the listings. Then go to other items people looked at and find the same item cheaper. Then I put the main words from the listing back into the search engine. But, the add doesn't come up. It's like the only way to find it is looking at other items or advertised items that people pay extra for.

I'm sure things are going to keep getting worse too. RRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

So many things but mostly my inability to understand the inner workings of a teenage boy's mind.

Many Americans "Think" they are "free", since our 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights was supposed to keep citizens armed if they wished to be. Thing is that right was supposed to be used to quell government tyranny, which is where we are at now, but since the Civil War, The US government is huge, with up to 30 percent of people working for it. Firearms only work as intended if people actually used them, but I doubt that will ever occur again.
I doubt that an armed revolt of the militias would really work from a strategic perspective, the government has drones and tanks and all kind of technology, they could make mincemeat of the militias if they wanted to, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the deep state was willing to nuke its own people in America if they really thought that things were really getting out of control. The only realistic way that a revolution in America could really work is if there were some kind of a coup.

How one part of the US government is raising interest rates to stop the spending of money while the other part continually spends it. You can't stop inflation until you stop spending massive amounts of money. So, I suspect interest rates will go quite high. Biden is already planning on payouts to low income people to help fight inflation?!?!?! Say what? Spending increases inflation. It has to be on purpose. The democrats are purposily trying to kill the economy.
Definitely, they want a slave caste of people in America, totally dependent on the government, with a small rich elite at the top, with technocrats and scientists to run things and a powerful police state to keep the masses in line.

Definitely, they want a slave caste of people in America, totally dependent on the government, with a small rich elite at the top, with technocrats and scientists to run things and a powerful police state to keep the masses in line.

I just don't see the point of running that kind of a society - which would be little more than savagery for most of the people in it. It wouldn't be something to be proud of, at all. Societies like that don't do very well, that literally describes third world countries.

If society isn't trying to make discoveries to continue to improve the standard of living/quality of life for its citizens, then all it is, is an ego trip for those on top. It doesn't have any real direction or meaningful purpose.

I really hope it won't come down to that, but that is the way it's been heading for some time now - pretty much since the '70s if you ask me. The only reason things didn't start getting really bad until these last couple decades, is cause the economic progress of the 30 or so postwar years didn't get undone overnight.

I just don't see the point of running that kind of a society - which would be little more than savagery for most of the people in it. It wouldn't be something to be proud of, at all. Societies like that don't do very well, that literally describes third world countries.

If society isn't trying to make discoveries to continue to improve the standard of living/quality of life for its citizens, then all it is, is an ego trip for those on top. It doesn't have any real direction or meaningful purpose.

I really hope it won't come down to that, but that is the way it's been heading for some time now - pretty much since the '70s if you ask me. The only reason things didn't start getting really bad until these last couple decades, is cause the economic progress of the 30 or so postwar years didn't get undone overnight.
The global elites literally want a cashless society with a digital currency so that they can have the masses completely subservient to them.

Having the skills to contribute something of real creative and artistic value in society but feeling heldback in life because it takes so long to get to a level where you can make enough money from it to survive. I'm no good at anything else and I know that I will make it but man it takes ages to earn money...

When people pretend to be smart or nice... if you're fake, it shows up

Shows that cut to a commercial right before finding out the results, the climax, or something important. Bastards!!!! Whenever they do that I change the channel. You don't want to show me then fresia you. I won't watch you any more. Ha! ha!

Latest posts

Back