What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically they traded in quality of detail work for pretty graphics, and the result is similar to the frustrations of when CGI dominated what used to be the special effects department in film.
Yep, I noticed they are very big on how the games look with their fantastical high-technological advancements, however, they fell to the wayside when it comes to story lines. Same with regular Movie/TV...
The propagandists don't care to make anything good anymore...

I liked a few older games, old Final Fantasy was good. And there was this game called "shadow of destiny" came out a long time ago - that was good. Nowadays? It's all crap

Yep, I noticed they are very big on how the games look with their fantastical high-technological advancements, however, they fell to the wayside when it comes to story lines. Same with regular Movie/TV...
The propagandists don't care to make anything good anymore...

I liked a few older games, old Final Fantasy was good. And there was this game called "shadow of destiny" came out a long time ago - that was good. Nowadays? It's all crap

Yeah see, that's what got me into RPG video games. Back in old PSX and PS2 days that was how you got your bang for your buck in terms of gaming experience and replay value. Final Fantasy VII - X were my era of that series. I vaguely remember Shadow of Destiny. But yeah, I'd be totally okay with blocky old graphics if someone would please just write good plot again. I'm also a big Legacy of Kain series fan, again, because it's awesome plot.

You're very much right in that everything is dumbed down now. I...have some weird beliefs as to why that is but also production costs are a factor. But I do actually think that it's a sort form of population control.

Yeah see, that's what got me into RPG video games. Back in old PSX and PS2 days that was how you got your bang for your buck in terms of gaming experience and replay value. Final Fantasy VII - X were my era of that series. I vaguely remember Shadow of Destiny. But yeah, I'd be totally okay with blocky old graphics if someone would please just write good plot again. I'm also a big Legacy of Kain series fan, again, because it's awesome plot.

You're very much right in that everything is dumbed down now. I...have some weird beliefs as to why that is but also production costs are a factor. But I do actually think that it's a sort form of population control.
I lovedddd Final Fantasy VIII and X! The story line of VIII got me hooked. That's what I mean, the writing, the story, the characters.... X - I also really liked! My favorite character was Lulu 🐱 Other than that, I loved Mario as a kid/Duckhunt! I still want to get a used Nintendo again so I can play Duckhunt lol

the dumbing down - yes, it took over all facets of the media. They don't care to put forth as much effort in "entertaining" the masses anymore.

I lovedddd Final Fantasy VIII and X! The story line of VIII got me hooked. That's what I mean, the writing, the story, the characters.... X - I also really liked! My favorite character was Lulu 🐱 Other than that, I loved Mario as a kid/Duckhunt! I still want to get a used Nintendo again so I can play Duckhunt lol

the dumbing down - yes, it took over all facets of the media. They don't care to put forth as much effort in "entertaining" the masses anymore.

Lulu is hot. 🥴
There was also some crazy stuff you could do in the older Final Fantasy games late-game that they don't really allow for anymore with the newer titles due to the achievement system. :rolleyes: Like with VIII for example, you can get Squall's Lionheart, his ultimate weapon, by card modding before even going to the first SeeD mission.

All of those games are like that. There's always like 1 spot in the game itself for some weird overpowered stuff to happen. It is actually a Personal Gamer Goal of mine to recreate my old Overpowered playthroughs as save files for those games. It's also an economic thing, as it takes hundreds of hours to do, effectively cumulatively saving me money as prices on games I do want to play that are newer drop...which, thankfully, really aren't that many.

I do play a couple of shooters, mostly for droning purposes when I can't focus on an RPG or the grind gets too monotonous. Only the original Halo trilogy and older though, or a knockoff Overwatch/Team Fortress game called Paladins that someone got me into a while back.

Gaming was what I did for therapy before I started playing music. So after I quit my last band for financial reasons, I fell back into retro gaming and shooters after work. I have enough of a retro game backlog to literally just juggle prices down on sales. I think I've only bought 3 full price new games in the last...like 6 or 7 years?

I think I've only bought 3 full price new games in the last...like 6 or 7 years?
That's honestly not too bad. SO many people will drop like 100$ on that stuff, weekly.

The prices too have skyrocketed (like everything else right?) plus with the PS store right there in the kids living room they can have a field day with mom and dad's credit card if they wanted too.. I feel sorry for parents today with that..

Worst part of that, IMO, is that if the game sucks and you want your money back, you can't go and return it, and get your money back anymore - because everything is "Digitalized" No physical copy of what you bought.... all digital. PS store is a scam in that regard for me, lol

That's honestly not too bad. SO many people will drop like 100$ on that stuff, weekly.

The prices too have skyrocketed (like everything else right?) plus with the PS store right there in the kids living room they can have a field day with mom and dad's credit card if they wanted too.. I feel sorry for parents today with that..

Worst part of that, IMO, is that if the game sucks and you want your money back, you can't go and return it, and get your money back anymore - because everything is "Digitalized" No physical copy of what you bought.... all digital. PS store is a scam in that regard for me, lol

Kind of, yeah. Steam has a refund policy, but it's got its limitations for anti-piracy reasons, which is fair.
But most of what I own on Steam is what I owned on Xbox 360 and Playstation/Playstation 2. A Winter Sale happened several years ago and I picked up like 6 - 8 games for $100 back when I was making a lot more money 6 or 7 years ago. In terms of gameplay hours, I can crank out 800 - 1400 hours if you also include what I have on emulators and roms to go through. Basically, I need not buy a game until it's like less than $35. ---Which is what new games costed back in PSX days. 😂

I need not buy a game until it's like less than $35. ---Which is what new games costed back in PSX days. 😂
Oh, Nox, they have games on sale that are cheaper than dirt on that wretched ps store, lots of sales.. but you don't use that. so. :ROFLMAO:
Some are cheap, and some they want you to fork over close to 100$ for one game. I have seen that before and nearly fell off my couch in shock and horror.

Oh, Nox, they have games on sale that are cheaper than dirt on that wretched ps store, lots of sales.. but you don't use that. so. :ROFLMAO:
Some are cheap, and some they want you to fork over close to 100$ for one game. I have seen that before and nearly fell off my couch in shock and horror.

Yeah, I know they do.
I switched to PC gaming years ago for economic reasons.
I haven't owned a television since 2014?
When it broke it was just cheaper to switch back to my computer at the time.
Less to move as well since I tend to not really live anywhere for more than like a decade.

Waking up 10 or 20 minutes before my alarm is supposed to go off.
Because I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.
If I go back to sleep, I'll sleep through my alarm by accident.
But also I don't want to get up early if I'm really tired from not going to sleep at a more reasonable hour.
Even if I wake up an hour early, if I'm up ,I'm up.

I watch over the air free TV. But it drives me crazy that they nearly always run shows that are 20 - 50 years old. The hipper channels have some shows that are less then ten years old. But, come on. The get government money, advertisement money, and other networks pay them as part of their network.

When the toilet paper roll is placed on the holder so that the paper rolls off on the back...its got to be in the front.

When cheap ass contractors take shortcuts in the construction of a house... and I have to fix them.
[/QUOTE
My house is so old it didn't have a kitchen and bathroom when it was originally built. The original house is good, great actually. Everything that was added was done in a patchwork kind of fashion. The floors for instance. Solid oak all through the house except for what was added. It was all this stinky disgusting cork like stuff on top of the subfloor. Im sure you know what I'm talking about. Just recently I had the bathroom redone. When he was was cutting all the floor out it was crazy how many times someone had just gone under there and instead of actually repairing the problem they just attached another board. The original joists had already been replaced when the house was leveled (that was a cool thing to watch and get to help with) the tub hadn't been sealed properly and was leaking so soft spots. Anyway that whole wall has been replaced, all new subfloors, tub, toilet, vanity the works. Your comment just made me think of the contractor we use and all the stuff he says. Sometimes he swears in German which is great because I know he is really disgusted at something.

The house sounds wonderful. Be grateful the original house was made with real wood.

I admire old houses. They were made with skill by people who cared about their reputations. No cheap plastic or press board. Joints that fit. It's a pleasure to work on those... unless someone else has.

You want to hear about swearing? The idiots that built this place erred in the placement of the closet wall. They had to put the vanity in before the sheetrock for it to fit between the closet and the shower wall... They sheetrocked around it, and they brought the plumbing in from the side.

To get the old vanity out I had to tear out all the sheetrock and the plumbing. I can change out a vanity in 30 minutes. This one took a complete rebuild of the walls and plumbing. NOW I can change it in 30 minutes, but it took a week to correct it.

I couldn't make the closet smaller so my only option was to make the wall thinner. What a nightmare, mostly because it had the power running through the studs I was working.

The plumbing on the other bathroom was weird too, but at least it came in from the back. That vanity only too three days to replace.

The kitchen was a complete tear down and remondel from raw wood. That was fun. I built custom cabinets, one wraps the fridge and has a secret broom closet. Okay.. so the handle gives it away. But its a great use of what would have been wasted space. :D

I love it when something works out.

Latest posts

Back