What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch this, and all the other shows like it, and I can't help myself.

Shows like that are strangely addictive. I liken it to watching a car crash. You know it's morally questionable to seek entertainment in he misfortune of others, but you just can't help yourself.

Yes and no. Yes they should stay away from the abuser after the first time...it has to be their choice to save themselves from anymore abuse. As far as rewiring the brain, I get that and completely agree because I believe this to be true for me. I had some heinous honeysuckle happen to me as a kid but because of it I have never been a victim of anything.
It's the manipulation and emotional abuse that starts long before the physical abuse. I stayed in an abusive relationship for years. I thought that was all I deserved, no one else would ever want me, I would have nothing and no one. I was nothing without him.
Then one day, he left me. The first year and a half I was actively trying to get him back. Then one day, I woke up and started the long painful process of finding myself again. Only took three years. Lol

Bad endings. In the form of Books/Movie/TV shows.. if they don't do the ending justice... investing time into that story to be sitting there at the end and saying "THAT'S the ending??!"
Can't stand cop-out endings! lol

I mean...it's the most important part of the story...

It's the manipulation and emotional abuse that starts long before the physical abuse. I stayed in an abusive relationship for years. I thought that was all I deserved, no one else would ever want me, I would have nothing and no one. I was nothing without him.
Then one day, he left me. The first year and a half I was actively trying to get him back. Then one day, I woke up and started the long painful process of finding myself again. Only took three years. Lol
I understand that the physical aspect usually comes last but with my sister, only her friends were privy to what was going on in the beginning. It wasn't until this first incident that anyone in the family knew anything. This continued to go on for years even after my mother forbid her to see him. Im not saying that she and any person who has suffered physical abuse were not victims, I'm just saying it bothers me when people blame their inaction or shortcomings on some past experience.
Now, you know what to avoid and I'd put money on it that you will never be in that situation again. Some people fail at this most important step and those are the ones that play the victim card. Not trying to piss anyone off. This is just what I think based on the people and situations I've witnessed.

Bad endings. In the form of Books/Movie/TV shows.. if they don't do the ending justice... investing time into that story to be sitting there at the end and saying "THAT'S the ending??!"

Oohh this gave me flash backs to Lost… whyyyy did it end like that?!?
No one sees this, and the tactics of isolation, love bombing and manipulative behaviours that come before punches and kicks

Netflix is King of this.
With all of their 1 or 2 season originals that they then cancel...on a cliff hanger.

I can't... do it... Nox, I just can't. I get legitimately mad when it comes to this topic. 😂

Yeah, me too. I totally agree.
That honeysuckle pisses me off.
If you're going to cancel a series like that, AT LEAST pitch them one extra season to wrap it up properly.
My favorite show, ended on a **** musical with a cliff hanger that way. :cautious:
I'm fine with the musical, don't get me wrong, but the cliff hanger and the plot twist. Big oof.

No one sees this, and the tactics of isolation, love bombing and manipulative behaviours that come before punches and kicks
I disagree with that. Yes, people see your loved ones see. If they dont then they arent paying attention. Or either they see and don't care but in most cases ask "what's going on? Why are you being so different?" and the person gets offended or lies for the abuser. Too many times I have tried to help and they always go back to them.

Sounds like they did the fans dirty with this one.. :sneaky: ****

They were expecting to get a renewal because the series followed a novel series.
But then it got cancelled instead. :( The director was even like: "But we had season 6 written and ready..."

I disagree with that. Yes, people see your loved ones see. If they dont then they arent paying attention. Or either they see and don't care but in most cases ask "what's going on? Why are you being so different?" and the person gets offended or lies for the abuser. Too many times I have tried to help and they always go back to them.
You are right here Claudia, sometimes it is offensive, the truth hurts 🥺 I know a girl who had the “perfect partner” he was amazinggggg and as soon as she had a baby he changed, cold, negative… he wanted a baby sooo much and I dont think he liked the reality, he even cried in front of me about it (this is a grown over 25 year old man btw)

He became abusive and anyone pointing it out made her feel worse than the abuse ever could.

I understand that the physical aspect usually comes last but with my sister, only her friends were privy to what was going on in the beginning. It wasn't until this first incident that anyone in the family knew anything. This continued to go on for years even after my mother forbid her to see him. Im not saying that she and any person who has suffered physical abuse were not victims, I'm just saying it bothers me when people blame their inaction or shortcomings on some past experience.
Now, you know what to avoid and I'd put money on it that you will never be in that situation again. Some people fail at this most important step and those are the ones that play the victim card. Not trying to piss anyone off. This is just what I think based on the people and situations I've witnessed.
No, I see the red flags now. My family and friends don't know everything I went through. I never told anyone. And no one (not even my ex, he was too drunk) knows what actually happened the night he left me and it will stay that way. It happened, it's done, no need to rehash it. I have forgiven him and myself for what happened.
As for my family, they don't pay attention. All they know is that he was an alcoholic.

But yeah, like I said I was originally trying to get him to come back to me. If I had succeeded I have no idea where I would be today.

The IDIOTS who blast music at random intervals as they drive around suburbs late night/early morning, seemingly just to aggravate people. fresia these losers. It's tempting to take their plates but I doubt the police have the resources to deal with it.

The IDIOTS who blast music at random intervals as they drive around suburbs late night/early morning, seemingly just to aggravate people. fresia these losers. It's tempting to take their plates but I doubt the police have the resources to deal with it.
Nail strips

It used to be more common around here too, though it seems to have gone away somewhat. I think with gas prices up like they've been these past couple of years, the demographic who would do that stuff, can no longer drive as much as they used to (teenagers and early 20-somethings).

I can see them doing that late at night, but I can't see them getting up in the early morning though! 🤣

They were expecting to get a renewal because the series followed a novel series.
But then it got cancelled instead. :( The director was even like: "But we had season 6 written and ready..."
I personally don't play video games - but someone close to me does, and I have noticed that all of these newer/more modern games have the worst endings.
It's bad, like, really really bad. From what I have witnessed they barely even write a proper ending anymore.. it's as if the writers keeled over from too much southern comfort during the writing process and never woke up :cautious:

No, I see the red flags now. My family and friends don't know everything I went through. I never told anyone. And no one (not even my ex, he was too drunk) knows what actually happened the night he left me and it will stay that way. It happened, it's done, no need to rehash it. I have forgiven him and myself for what happened.
As for my family, they don't pay attention. All they know is that he was an alcoholic.

But yeah, like I said I was originally trying to get him to come back to me. If I had succeeded I have no idea where I would be today.
Yes, Ive seen that as well. I am guilty of that. Going after something that is bad for you. Ive exposed myself to a little bit of everything just to try to feel something if even for a moment. I latch onto the good and ignore the bad until honeysuckle gets out of control then I exchange one habit for another. You know “A nail is driven out by another nail" is what it boils down to for me. Thankfully, Im not as reckless as I once was or like you I have no idea where I would be. In all honesty, probably in prison.

I personally don't play video games - but someone close to me does, and I have noticed that all of these newer/more modern games have the worst endings.
It's bad, like, really really bad. From what I have witnessed they barely even write a proper ending anymore.. it's as if the writers keeled over from too much southern comfort during the writing process and never woke up :cautious:

MOST of the games I play are 10+ years old or older, in part of that. Sadly, the gaming industry has gradually gone the way of Nickelodeon Studios. 😔

Plus I'm older, I can't justify the financial upkeep for the trash heep that is the degredation of gaming over time. Basically they traded in quality of detail work for pretty graphics, and the result is similar to the frustrations of when CGI dominated what used to be the special effects department in film.

Latest posts

Back