What Gaming Character Would You Like To Be?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bread said:
I'm gonna have to get back to you on that, after you've given me a few more fresh baked breads as gifts. :p Still, yeah, I've been fan of the series ever since the first game on SNES. I recall spending one night mowing the whole field into arable land, running between my fields and the hot springs. Oh, and the alcohol references, don't think there's all that much of 'em in the latest games. :p It's still amongst my favourite series, even 'tho it has taken new development turns and art shifts.

Darn, I don't have the required house upgrades either. :p Ahhh yes, the hot springs were divine. I swear there was one HM game (I think FOMT on the gba) where you could make spa boiled eggs in them too. Have you played the Rune Factory spin-off series? I've played the first one on the Wii and it was actually pretty cool even though not the same as the original HM games.

meekthoughts said:
Darn, I don't have the required house upgrades either. :p Ahhh yes, the hot springs were divine. I swear there was one HM game (I think FOMT on the gba) where you could make spa boiled eggs in them too. Have you played the Rune Factory spin-off series? I've played the first one on the Wii and it was actually pretty cool even though not the same as the original HM games.

Sounds like the GBA game, yeah. Same area as the doctor's regular strolling grounds and the home of the kappa, if I recall right. I made plenty of runs to the spa in hopes of wooing Ann.

I've played the first and third Rune Factory games on DSi- the first, I didn't really warm up to, but the third was very enjoyable. Dunno if it's better than the original stuff- the series was sort of a lone safe haven in games where I could have fun without violence, but Rune Factory changed that. And the bizarre monster ranching didn't quite catch my fancy, missed my prize sheep/chicken/horse/dog/cow contests, as a matter of fact, even 'tho the turnip throwing and the like were an interesting twist, the minigames always seemed to be rewarding me with recipe breads. I mean, I like bread, but too much of a good thing... Frankly, I just didn't enjoy the crafting all that much in the game.

Bread said:
Sounds like the GBA game, yeah. Same area as the doctor's regular strolling grounds and the home of the kappa, if I recall right. I made plenty of runs to the spa in hopes of wooing Ann.

I've played the first and third Rune Factory games on DSi- the first, I didn't really warm up to, but the third was very enjoyable. Dunno if it's better than the original stuff- the series was sort of a lone safe haven in games where I could have fun without violence, but Rune Factory changed that. And the bizarre monster ranching didn't quite catch my fancy, missed my prize sheep/chicken/horse/dog/cow contests, as a matter of fact, even 'tho the turnip throwing and the like were an interesting twist, the minigames always seemed to be rewarding me with recipe breads. I mean, I like bread, but too much of a good thing... Frankly, I just didn't enjoy the crafting all that much in the game.

Very true, I miss the traditional farm animals in those games. I personally didn't mind the battling so much as it didn't feel so much like violence. Indeed, crafting was such a hassle! It uses up so much stamina too when trying to level up your skills.

I don't remember these mini-games... probably because I've only played the Wii version. I just bought a 3DS though, so I can finally play all those HM or RF DS games I've missed out on. Any recommendations on the best of those?

Any Lombax who's a fighter pilot will do.
6061-wwwzockonde-0d2fcb26e3fa3ef34070d197d6b3948e.jpg

meekthoughts said:
Very true, I miss the traditional farm animals in those games. I personally didn't mind the battling so much as it didn't feel so much like violence. Indeed, crafting was such a hassle! It uses up so much stamina too when trying to level up your skills.

I don't remember these mini-games... probably because I've only played the Wii version. I just bought a 3DS though, so I can finally play all those HM or RF DS games I've missed out on. Any recommendations on the best of those?

Ah, 3DS was Retrocompatibile after all? I've really fallen off the train of progress and news when it comes to gaming. Still, as far as Rune Factories go, I'd go with number three, definently.

Can't recall much of the DS Harvest Moon games, but I had a nasty feeling one of them was stylus-based in controlling your character. Never really liked the stylus, personally.

Latest posts

Back