What Gets You Through the Day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomact164

Reaction score
just like the title says.

Idk what gets me through the day, i make them best as possible and have laughs along the way but i seem empty.

I guess mine is music. Playing music and listening to music. Blind Guardian is one of my favs at the sec.

what about you guys?

my bed, with comfy pillows and fuzzy stuffed animals and the dreams that i create that for a moment i can consider real

Let's see. Smoking copious amounts of pipe tobacco, a single shot of whiskey, playing penny whistle, and trying to grow food. I guess two vices and two virtues are ok. Pretty balanced at least. Although I'm a lot better at drinking and smoking than I am at whistling or growing food, so I don't know. You do what you can.

I get up around 4:30 AM -5 AM. It's probably from old age...lmao
It's a habit I've develope from having to get up early to attend work while I was working in constructions...

I'm also getting back into working my recovery program.
I do not like to rushed in the morning or other times too..
I get up early so that I may gather myself and spend some quite time alone.
This way I don't let my mind going into auto pilot of negative thinking...
It's more natural for me to have possitive thoughts...I love myself, I'm ok. everything is ok ...etc
It's my early morning meditations. It's very peaceful.
I have my cup of coffee and basically just relax. I feel charged and rested.
I enjoy watching the sunrise. Bascailly just being in the moment...without worries or stress.

I pray for my gf and daghters everyday.

Then my GF :p calls me almost everyday. Just hearing her vioce brings peace and joy to my heart.
We talk about whatever...sometimes serious stuff other times just joking and laughing.
Bascailly just being in the moment with her. I'm grateful she's willing to spend her time and life with me.
I'm grateful she's making the effort to reach out to me. She knows i love her very much.

I'm employed again ...so work keeps me pretty busy. My current empployment dosn't require I do much
calculations. Sometimes I'll listen to my songs on my MP3 player..Other times I'll listen to various
self improvement program..Lots and lots of possitve re-enforcements.
Lots and lots of de programing my old ways of thinking.

Sometimes the thought of my GF will cross my mind. I just keep her love in my heart.
Sometimes I just take my wallet out and look at her beautiful picture....
and a picture of our beautiful duaghter

Other times I'll take time out and listen to my friends tell me jokes or whatever.

I work with the public...so I see alot of different peaple. I keep a freindly attitude.
I give the people the respect and dignety no matter what walks of life they come from...rich, poor, or homeless.
Sometimes I'll just have a causual conversation with complete strangers I've never met.

Sometimes I'll play my guitar...
I've been writting a song for my GF.
It's cool...it's been a while since I've written a song.

Sometimes I'll read a book
Sometimes I'll get on the net and write (as i am now)
Sometimes my friends would call. Sometimes we would go hang out or just talk.
Sometimes I'l go for a drive and blast on my stereo in my car.
Sometimes I'll go for my 5-10 miles bike ride.
Sometimes I'll go excersize.
Sometimes I'll write in my journal...
Other times some of my friend would visit. Sometimes I'll have to go help my friends.

i still don't watch much TV...lol

In the following order

Warm Tea
My Doggies
Watching True Blood
Getting home from work and going or a swim

Chocolate.....

Daydreaming, I can't even sleep without daydreaming my way through.

Obligations. A schedule. Realizing what I want from life.

A fresh start to each day.

Not worrying obsessively about my failures.

Knowing I am loved.

Coffee at work. Tea at home. A movie in the evening. Some reading before I go to bed ^^

Latest posts

Back