what is it with couples??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet*swirl

Reaction score
I swear, everywhere i look today, and ive not yet even been out of the house... there is someone throwing their *perfect* relationship down my throat.

Facebook is a major enemy of mine atm, there are status updates about how "me and my baby are so happy"... photos of ppl being so *in love* and then to top it off, and to make sure you actually HAVE GOT THE MESSAGE why not just throw in a few PM's and ta-da - Yes, i know your life is perfect, everything is working out just peachy for you, i am V-E-R-Y pleased!!!

*Sigh*

Why is it, these ppl know exactly what it is like, to want/wish for someone to be with, but not just *anyone* come on, it has to be someone you think is amazing otherwise you wouldnt bother... why do they then plaster it about when it is what actually upset them once-apon-a-time.

I just do not understand...

What do you all do to block it out?? - this morning i was semi content with my single life... now i want to get drunk and hide under my duvet.

ciao

In most cases I've seen, the people that flaunt their relationships don't last very long together. You see tons of pictures of them together on their facebooks, and even the disgusting ones of them sucking face together, and then just like that they break up a few months later. I try not to talk about my relationship TOO much, because it really isn't anyone's business,but I would never message anyone to guilt them with my "wonderful relationship" that's "sooo perfect" because, WHY?

Who are these ******* people anyway, and what is their **** problem? You should never have to be "peer pressured" with something so stupid, and you should never have to feel like you must fall for their pressure. There is nothing wrong with being single, I've had some awesome single times, it's good to be carefree. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You'll find yourself in a relationship when the right person comes along, but until then, there's nothing wrong with being single.

It seems that some people, when they're in love, want to shout it from the rooftops. It's not about rubbing it in your face. They're just very happy and they want everybody to know.

With some other people, it's because they want their S.O. to know they're thrilled to have him/her. I had a relationship once with somebody who was even more private than I am. Despite knowing it wasn't personal, I always felt like I was some secret shame, instead of somebody he was happy to be with.

Then, there are people who want to reassure their S.O. that they're not trying to cheat, or who want to make sure nobody feels they're being led on. They want to make a loud and clear declaration that they're not available.

There is alot of crap on facebook.

'Hey look how cool my life is !' - stuff like that.

If it annoys you so much, just delete them from your friends list !

I don't see the problem, actually. You can think the same way with public displays of affection and events geared towards couples, but all in all, they're not doing anything wrong. To feel proud and happy that one has found a working relationship is natural, and especially so if they were once sad about being single. Why not just ignore it or be happy? If you're truly okay with being single, then you can block out bitter thoughts.

Maybe your love story isn't fully written yet, at least that's what they say. Your love story will probobly be so great, that it needs some before you can have it.

I've never really had a girlfriend, wish I did and all that, but I've found that couples are boring as fresia to be around.
I know it's probably fantastic inside the bubble but it's pretty lonely outside it. It's just envy perhaps.
It's not exactly the third wheel situation, it's like there're two versions of the person when they're in a relationship. The fun friend
who's up for anything, whenever. Then the friend who can't come over to play some xbox, because the old doll wants to go shopping.
It's sound petty and immature but I think it's true. Forget it, I dunno what the hell I'm saying, I'll shut up.

Fitz said:
. Then the friend who can't come over to play some xbox, because the old doll wants to go shopping.
It's sound petty and immature but I think it's true. Forget it, I dunno what the hell I'm saying, I'll shut up.

Well, as valuable and important as burning brain cells on video games might be, accumulating more household items with my beloved so we can both have a more comfortable life is probably more important. That's called, I believe, 'growing up.'

I still go out to the gun range and bbq with my old mates, usually without my girl. It comes down to a division of time.

Maybe you,re just an alcoholic?
Red fuvken flags everywhere....

Making excuses to check to fresia out...
its everybody ellse fualt of course.

Come on, just be happy for them. I can see how it might not make you happy when you think about your own life, but try to be happy for them. At the end of the day you are more annoyed with yourself than with them, to be honest. Not to get offensive or anything.

Dude..first and foremost you gotta understand....a lot of the honeysuckle is in ur fucken head...your perceptions.

Your already in state of misery..so everything you see is filtered or colored by that.

So you bascailly run with that..more negative thoughts which triggers more negative feelings. Then you build yourself into a state of feeling really shity..then you wanna numb the fresia out. Typical alcholic behaviors of getting messed up. Then you feel even more fucken depress becuase alcohol is a depressent. Its a cycle the feeds on itself.

Logically, sane thinking or commonsese will simply tel youl..what other people do have nothing to do with you.. It dosnt mean beans .

learn to just drop , let go or not run with those crazy honeysuckle in your head that has nothing to do with anything.
At the very least youll stop creating pains and sufferning within yourself.

Focus on you...the positive things about you. Re focus your attention
to beauty and positive things in life.
In other words change your attitude.

The more positive you are..the more positive things, people will come into your life. The positive energy around you will attract more positive into your life.
Negative or positive..the law of attraction is always at work.

Positive begets more postives...this too is a cycle that feeds on itself.

Learn how to use this process to work for you instead of against you.

No relationship is perfect. Don't be bitter about people's relationships. Rest assure, it's not all gumdrops and lollipops.

I see both sides of the arguement, I guess.

Don't forget, there's always the "hide" button on FB ;)

I've finally excepted the fact that a relationship is not in the cards for me. I deleted my FB page a month ago. The last three women I dated, I met on FB and those relationships failed miserably. I go for walks, go to the movies, and I play a few instruments. I hate reading about everyone eles's happy relationships, so I don't lol. I just stick to the stuff I love to do.

It hurts when you see others having what you want.
But much of it is how you think.
Would it better to see everyone in a sad, miserable, abusive relationship instead?
I'd much rather see others who are happy because it gives me hope that there is joy out there...and maybe I'll be a part of it one day too.

sweet*swirl said:
I swear, everywhere i look today, and ive not yet even been out of the house... there is someone throwing their *perfect* relationship down my throat.

Facebook is a major enemy of mine atm, there are status updates about how "me and my baby are so happy"... photos of ppl being so *in love* and then to top it off, and to make sure you actually HAVE GOT THE MESSAGE why not just throw in a few PM's and ta-da - Yes, i know your life is perfect, everything is working out just peachy for you, i am V-E-R-Y pleased!!!

*Sigh*

Why is it, these ppl know exactly what it is like, to want/wish for someone to be with, but not just *anyone* come on, it has to be someone you think is amazing otherwise you wouldnt bother... why do they then plaster it about when it is what actually upset them once-apon-a-time.

I just do not understand...

What do you all do to block it out?? - this morning i was semi content with my single life... now i want to get drunk and hide under my duvet.

ciao

This is why I deleted my facebook account several years ago. Who wants to look at the wonderful happy lives of others while you are miserable and alone?

:)

So i was having a bad day yesterday.

Suddenly the majority of FB contacts had new photos up, exclaiming about up and coming holidays, weddings, blah blah.... so i had a wobble.... isnt that what this place is all about??? :p

So back on it today, life is fine, i am happy, glad others are happy.... (are you though????)

And in answer to some - Yes, i am happy for others, however, to go out of their way to point out that "omg, i am sooooooo happy, why cant you meet someone and be happy????" .... hmmm.... *wobble*

And yes, someone was deleted yesterday. ><

*dances off*

My mate does this. Not a day goes by him and his bird don't proclaim their undying love for one another about twenty bloody times in one status update. But, if it is all just innocent and within reason, I have no problem with it. Nowt wrong with a public declaration. However, when people know you're lonely or know that you want a relationship and your lack of one is depressing, and then brag about their relationship to you knowing full well what they are doing..... they should be shot in the face.

Latest posts

Back