What is that one thing that makes you feel truly alive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be a morbid *******, but it's probably death. Whenever someone I know dies, it makes me feel alive.

Also there's nothing like having your heart broken to reassure you it's not just all one giant simulation.

So yeah, shitty things make me feel alive. lol.

Visiting an amazing place on earth that makes you realize you're alive; sadly, it doesn't happen enough :(

* Every time I bleed. Pain.
* Riding horses (I don't own one/any, I go riding though).
* Adventures with strangers far away from home, wandering and really getting truly lost.
* Every time I do something spontaneously.
* When some wild creature lets me get close, or interacts with me.
* Wandering, running around, playing in the dark of night with some good old friends.
* Ecstasy/MDMA - they called it "Empathy" for a reason... *Smile* You never get the magic of that first time back again *sigh*...
* Being at a rave - as much as I love other kinds of music, I've never truly gotten that feeling of unity and togetherness at other music events.

Wishing.. dreaming.. hoping.. struggling.. makes me feel alive.

If I took a walk right now on the beach under the moonlight, that would make me feel alive.
In fact, I'll do that first thing in the early morning.

For now, when I get to see my girlfriend and our lips meet for the first time (again) since our first kiss, being both our firsts, sent pure electricity up my spine and into my nerve endings, and after not seeing her for two to three months at a time..yeah.

The nervous wait when I'm frightened myself, sitting in an exposed train station waiting for her to arrive, the only time I really feel anything at all in my body, gets the blood flowing. Then when I see her step off the train, it's like all my veins just open up and hot blood rushes to places that were closed, cold and hard...my body warms up, I'm suddenly extremely happy, and then when we cuddle again..

..it's pretty much the only thing that lets me feel again, and also the only thing I really live for.

And I'm seeing her on the 26th. Yay! :D

Broken_Doll said:
* Ecstasy/MDMA - they called it "Empathy" for a reason... *Smile* You never get the magic of that first time back again *sigh*...

Be really careful with that honeysuckle. I think MDMA is the biggest reason I don't feel much anymore...

Among the Sleep said:
Broken_Doll said:

Be really careful with that honeysuckle. I think MDMA is the biggest reason I don't feel much anymore...
I am about as careful as I can be with it.
It affects different people differently - you think it's the main reason you don't feel much any more while on the other hand I feel like I have benefited from it somewhat.
I personally have never met anybody who used/uses it with a similar opinion to you on the matter.
All I can say is - don't over do it as it's a drug most people are apparently reported to develop a tolerance to very quickly, thus reducing the desired affect - I use only a maximum of 3 times per year, no more than that although some years I don't use at all.

Broken_Doll said:
Among the Sleep said:
Broken_Doll said:

I am about as careful as I can be with it.
It affects different people differently - you think it's the main reason you don't feel much any more while on the other hand I feel like I have benefited from it somewhat.
I personally have never met anybody who used/uses it with a similar opinion to you on the matter.
All I can say is - don't over do it as it's a drug most people are apparently reported to develop a tolerance to very quickly, thus reducing the desired affect - I use only a maximum of 3 times per year, no more than that although some years I don't use at all.

I know what you mean, that kind of judicious use is fine I think. But it does cause brain damage if you overdo it. I definitely overdid it. That's what I mean by that.

That's a fallacy - it causes brain damage no matter what - it just accumulates with more doses combined.
But hey. YOLO! :D

perfanoff said:
That's a fallacy - it causes brain damage no matter what - it just accumulates with more doses combined.
But hey. YOLO! :D
MDMA/E - I have to say it was definitely a profound and life changing event for me when I first took it at a rave, a change for the best.
I looked around me, and felt like I was in love with the world and I decided I wanted to be the way it made me feel and be all of the time, not just when on MDMA/E. Sure I still have bad days what with my depression and eating disorder, but I think back to that feeling and remember that I can feel that amazing without drugs too.

Latest posts

Back