What is that one thing that makes you feel truly alive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
constant stranger said:
Tending to my apple trees, seeing them thrive, bloom and bear fruit.

Tending to my honeybee colonies, seeing them thrive, increase their numbers and then harvesting the honey.

Both enterprises are mine, planned for, initiated and maintained.....they're an extension of me and they benefit the world....in a small way but still good.

That is so cool, constant stranger.

Honestly? My bass.
My bass is everything to me.

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-a80a02f30c2f9c0d8ace45bdf919e1ae.jpg

ladyforsaken said:
constant stranger said:

Tending to my honeybee colonies, seeing them thrive, increase their numbers and then harvesting the honey.

Both enterprises are mine, planned for, initiated and maintained.....they're an extension of me and they benefit the world....in a small way but still good.

How sweet of you to say that, ladyforsaken!

constant stranger said:
ladyforsaken said:
constant stranger said:

How sweet of you to say that, ladyforsaken!

I do like nature and anything that has got to do with it and when I see people actually working with nature like that, it fascinates me. It's not something I often see, living in a city. So keep doing what you do, it's a good thing.

As for me, what makes me feel truly alive? Knowing that I can be of any help, in any thing or situation, or to anyone and just make life a little easier or better in some ways for them. It keeps me going, at least.

Oh, there's too many for me to choose only one.

- Going fast on my bike on a nice summer night.

- Hearing a song that exactly fits how I'm feeling and playing it over and over again ten times in a row. I can only imagine what it must feel like to write and play a song that makes me feel that way.

- Getting into a really good story, whether it be in a book, movie, show, video game, and so on.

- Ping-pong-like conversations that flow so easily.

- Witnessing a beautiful view.

- Playing with my dog :)

Abrakadan said:
Walking outside without a backpack.

lol, Good one, Abrakadan! You students must have strong backs and shoulders!

For me, it's that sense of anticipation of discovery I get when I plan out and begin a new project. And then theres the discovery during the process. And then there's the satisfaction of the beautiful result.

The one thing that makes me feel alive in like a happy adrenaline way is dancing. I can't compare it with anything else, I've never been so passionate about anything as dance.

Hate.
Hate keeps me alive.
Hate is what gifted me with what few virtues I ever had.
Hate is what keeps me vaguely attached to this world.
Hate led me to realizations that there is a better way that this.
Hate may set me free.
Hate.

there is no hope said:
Hate.
Hate keeps me alive.
Hate is what gifted me with what few virtues I ever had.
Hate is what keeps me vaguely attached to this world.
Hate led me to realizations that there is a better way that this.
Hate may set me free.
Hate.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Making people laugh/smile/happy.

Knowing I've helped change someones mood for the better is incredible to me

I feel truly alive when I'm engaged in an artistic pursuit such as painting and drawing.

Latest posts

Back