History repeating itself. Different outcome...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilE

Reaction score
When I was in middle school I got bullied pretty badly. It was awful. Even the girls would make fun of me. I didn’t have any friends and no one liked me. People would insult me and make fun of me every day. I felt alone, like an outcast, and it was not in my head, I really was alone, and it would follow me.

As a grown man now I still feel like that kid in 7th grade, mentally and emotionally, nothing has changed. I feel like I am still being bullied and ostracized. Everyone has something against me, no one likes me, they want to shun me and isolate me. Why? I never did anything to them. I am tired of being rejected, being shunned, being hated, being disliked. I am inferior, I am lower than honeysuckle. I did nothing to you. Why do you hate me? Why do you want to throw me overboard? Want to wipe me out of existence. Why do you want to make sure everyone else hates me as well? Why is everyone against me? I did nothing to get treated like this in middle school and I did nothing to be treated like this as an adult.

This is why for the rest of my teenage years and into adulthood I was severely quiet, never said a word in school or at work. I was too scared to talk, to bring attention to myself. Because I worried that I would get treated the same way I did in middle school. So the answer was to become a mute and stay in my shell for protection. Now just as I am coming out of my shell these past few years, I’ve been talking, socializing, expressing myself, losing my fear of speaking. I’ve become more secure of myself, more confident, self-assured, and seeing the positives about me. And you know what happens? My biggest fear came true, they are treating me the way I was treated in middle school, all because I decided to lose my fear and come out of my shell and this is what I get. Why! Why!!

Naturally I defend myself, have been doing so for many years, but it is a very primitive form of self-defense and is just as destructive as the abuse itself. My body is full of scars now. The cutting is getting old, it is not enough. I don’t know what could possibly meet all the rage and balance it out. I was addicted to weed for a while, that stopped when I ran out of money. I won’t touch alcohol because I’ll go crazy. Both my suicide attempts have happened while I was drunk and depressed/angry. But I do wish I was dead. I just stay alive because I don’t want to hurt my mother. I don’t know what else there is to do. Therapy has not scratched the surface, the meds I am on are obviously not helping. I am wasting time, buying time, to my death. I solely exist right now. I don’t live. I give up on everything, but there is still more to give up on, a lot more, and I am giving it all up little by little, the final “give up” is death.

Are you sure history is repeating itself? Maybe it's you making things appear worse than they are. Please don't think I mean to offend you or say that you definitely are, because that's not the case at all. It's just something to think about. When you are as down as you seem to be, it's not hard to make a mountain out of a mole hill, to take something minor and blow it completely out of proportion.
Sometimes, one can go as far as to subconsciously sabotage any relationship they may have because they are afraid of what might happen.

As for what you can do besides cutting, have you considered martial arts or boxing or something of that nature to teach you a new skill, but also give you a way to get your frustrations out in a healthier manner? You could also try meditation.

lilE said:
When I was in middle school I got bullied pretty badly. It was awful. Even the girls would make fun of me. I didn’t have any friends and no one liked me. People would insult me and make fun of me every day. I felt alone, like an outcast, and it was not in my head, I really was alone, and it would follow me.

As a grown man now I still feel like that kid in 7th grade, mentally and emotionally, nothing has changed. I feel like I am still being bullied and ostracized. Everyone has something against me, no one likes me, they want to shun me and isolate me. Why? I never did anything to them. I am tired of being rejected, being shunned, being hated, being disliked. I am inferior, I am lower than honeysuckle. I did nothing to you. Why do you hate me? Why do you want to throw me overboard? Want to wipe me out of existence. Why do you want to make sure everyone else hates me as well? Why is everyone against me? I did nothing to get treated like this in middle school and I did nothing to be treated like this as an adult.

This is why for the rest of my teenage years and into adulthood I was severely quiet, never said a word in school or at work. I was too scared to talk, to bring attention to myself. Because I worried that I would get treated the same way I did in middle school. So the answer was to become a mute and stay in my shell for protection. Now just as I am coming out of my shell these past few years, I’ve been talking, socializing, expressing myself, losing my fear of speaking. I’ve become more secure of myself, more confident, self-assured, and seeing the positives about me. And you know what happens? My biggest fear came true, they are treating me the way I was treated in middle school, all because I decided to lose my fear and come out of my shell and this is what I get. Why! Why!!

Naturally I defend myself, have been doing so for many years, but it is a very primitive form of self-defense and is just as destructive as the abuse itself. My body is full of scars now. The cutting is getting old, it is not enough. I don’t know what could possibly meet all the rage and balance it out. I was addicted to weed for a while, that stopped when I ran out of money. I won’t touch alcohol because I’ll go crazy. Both my suicide attempts have happened while I was drunk and depressed/angry. But I do wish I was dead. I just stay alive because I don’t want to hurt my mother. I don’t know what else there is to do. Therapy has not scratched the surface, the meds I am on are obviously not helping. I am wasting time, buying time, to my death. I solely exist right now. I don’t live. I give up on everything, but there is still more to give up on, a lot more, and I am giving it all up little by little, the final “give up” is death.

Please try some mindfulness and meditation exercises. Happiness is just a breath away, I promise!!

http://www.actionforhappiness.org/

I can promise you will never find happiness in external things! Even guys with beautiful wives, loving families, and loads of money can be miserable. Remember Robin Williams? Obviously external things have no real effect on our happiness. It's about enjoying the small things in life, only associating with positive people whenever possible, and not exposing yourself to negative imagery if you can. I promise it makes a difference!!!!

Often others find it hard to accept it when someone changes. They prefer the status quo and when they see the person becoming more confident and sure of him/herself, they may react by putting you down so that you become the meek and lacking in confidence person you were before. They are so used to being able to push you around that they resent it when you become more confident as they see that they are losing power over you..

Thanks everyone. I used to box, but now I just work out. I lift weights several times a week. It helps a bit but sometimes I don't feel it makes any difference. However, that is not going to stop me from lifting, I still want to work out and maintain a healthy fit body.

I have been feeling slightly better today and yesterday.

Latest posts

Back