What is the sweetest thing someone has ever said to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's quite a few things I could list here, but I really liked one in particular:

I got one of those mrmen booklets for my birthday once titled 'Mr. Perfect' with the text 'because to me you are perfect' written on it. Had a really great birthday card with it aswell with some more sweet things in.

I've also been called a 'knight in shining armour' and every girl's dream. But yeah, the things people say when they're in love, you can't take those completely serious.

A little boy in state care (I was a CPS social worker) said, and I quote, "I wish I could have you for my daddy... Then I'd be happy..."

I wish I could have had him for my son, but I did find a mum and dad for him. Being a social worker has its occasional upside.

"What colour are your eyes?", coming from a guy who's colourblind. They're grey, so he wasn't missing anything.

"Aww, you're not a *****..."

Lol. No. I can't remember very many, but I know recently my mentor told me, "You're an amazing girl and I hope you know that!"

Mind you that girl's easily pleased.

I was told I have a good heart. I find it important to reflect on that moment to remind myself that I am capable of leaving people with that impression of me.

Because I tell jokes
I hear the same thing over and over again
People tell me "you made my day"

Things my boyfriend (yup, we got back together roughly 3 weeks ago) has said to me:

"You're really beautiful, unique and special and I want you to stay that way..."
"It's what's in your heart that counts, and your heart is as beautiful as the summer sky."
"Of course I want you back! You're beautiful and amazing and only a fool wouldn't want you!"

Sometimes I think he must be crazy to want to be with a girl like me...

I was talking to this kid about videogames and stuff, and he just says "you're cool". I go "Why am I cool?"
I was genuinely suprised. Kids are amazing, man he really made me feel great. Then he asked me
to go to his house and play videogames with him. It killed me, it really did. It's amazing how honest and unreserved kids
are, no bullshit.

"Let's see if I can teach this mofo how to dance properly"

a friend of mine,today,in gym class (yeah,we're having chachacha lessons >.>),and I suck at that kind of dancing,so yeah,she having the motivation (she was an old friend of mine and I think we lost what we once had) to come up and teach me (she's a dancer and last time we danced I made her feet look like cheese o.o) really warmed me up. Not the sweetest thing I ever heard,but other than cheesy stuff,it's in the top tier.

Another one is yesterday one girl in my class to which I had a close relationship with and in recent times we barely spoke (no reason tbh). So,yesterday she hugged me and kissed me out of nowhere and said she missed me. We never were in a romantic relationship and we never had a "shocking displacement" but you know,we just got our flow back...

I danced with my boss's married secretary at a company dance when she whispered in my ear "John I would never cheat on my husband,but if I did it would be with you" I had to back off the dance floor with my hands in my pockets,and a bit of a stoop.The guys will know what I'm talking about!

A woman a few years younger complimented my hair. It was an odd situation, overall, but I take compliments where I can get 'em.

Also, my brother told me I mean a lot to him. He's a great guy, and I respect him more than anybody else. I owe him a lot.

Another thing I keep hearing a whole lot is that I have a way with words. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that one, knowing that folks don't think me a windbag or an idiot. Now, if I only had an interesting personality to back up my repertoiré...

On my most recent Mother's Day card, "Mom I love you so much and I don't know what I would do without you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I will love you forever!"

My grandma telling me that she love me. She was the best person I've met in this world, miss her with all my heart.

No one else has ever said that to me so it matters... alot.

I know we have a thread about the worst insults, so I think we should counteract that thread (not that it's not a good thread) with the sweetest things people have said to us.

Latest posts

Back