What is your personality type?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheLoadedDog said:
Richard_39 said:
MisterLonely said:

Good. Not enough Attack Helicopters on this site.
;-)

The more I get to know you, the more I think we should embark on a career of BLOWING STUFF UP.  Not to hurt anybody, mind.  Just to watch bits of machinery launch into the air.  We must do this.

GOD, you're telling me.
Ain't nothing as satisfying as watching stuff blow up, get mashed, get incinerated, or generally or specifically destroyed.
If I had an idea for a business that would get us good money to break stuff, I'd start it and let you in on it lol.

You know, in the absence of high ordnance, you can have fun on a smaller scale with, of all things, match heads. If you know what you're doing, they pack quite a punch in a confined space.

Amelia, forgive me. I don't know if this is your real name or your screen name, but Amelia is my favourite female name of all time. Old fashioned but also not. Hell pretty. If I ever have a daughter (which at age 47 is unlikely), that'd be her name.

I was my Great Grandmother's name. Malena Amelia.

TheLoadedDog said:
Amelia, forgive me.  I don't know if this is your real name or your screen name, but Amelia is my favourite female name of all time.  Old fashioned but also not.  Hell pretty.  If I ever have a daughter (which at age 47 is unlikely), that'd be her name.

I was my Great Grandmother's name.  Malena Amelia.

Malena Amelia is a lovely name and I bet your future daughter will be very happy to be called Amelia too!

It's not my real name but because I too, like it so much, decided to make it a screen name :)

My oldest daughter's name is Amélie. Guess that would be Amelia in english too.
I concur. Mostest beautiful name in the world, except for Audrey (second daughter) ;-)

TheLoadedDog said:
You know, in the absence of high ordnance, you can have fun on a smaller scale with, of all things, match heads.  If you know what you're doing, they pack quite a punch in a confined space.

You know those smaller BIC lighters they sell at a corner store? One of our fun things to do was find a thick well with no one on the other side (preferably a school yard at night), light the BIC for maybe 5 mins to let it get hot and take some of the gas out, then throw it sideways so it rebounds on the wall coming up. Turns into a small fireball and POWS with a small explosion lol.
Did that last night. Funny to do something like that 20 years latter than when you last did it.
If you mix sugar and salpêtre, you also get a nice smoke bomb. Contents boils though, so you need a thick metal, disposable can for it.
Also in magician stores, they sell flashpaper and gunpowder. Lots of fun to be had with those.

Don't know if you have these in Canada, but we have things called railway detonators. Small explosive devices that you could strap to a rail. Track maintenance workers would wander several hundred metres down the line and place two a certain distance apart. The train would come along, and the driver would hear BANG BANG, and he'd know there were men on the line up ahead, and would slow down accordingly and give a long blast of whistle.

So, a bloke in Melbourne at the rail workshops was on night shift. Before he went home, he stole an entire box of the things. Melbourne has a big tram (streetcar) network, and the trams don't run overnight. Halfway home, he got to a place called St Kilda Junction, and he laid about fifty of them on the tram tracks, close together. And he repaired to his car, which was parked a discreet distance away. And waited for the first tram of the morning. It duly came along. The tram driver was on his first run of the day and was probably still a bit sleepy. The events that followed made the Iraq War look tame. Ear splitting noise. Flames. Sparks. Smoke. These things are designed for heavy trains, not light trams. Apparently, it near blew the tram off the rails. :)

Richard_39 said:
I concur. Mostest beautiful name in the world, except for Audrey (second daughter) ;-)

Both your daughters have such lovely names!

Richard_39 said:
I thought Amelia was the most beautiful name in the world.  I was wrong.  The French version just beats it.

Latest posts

Back