What keeps you from getting your dream partner ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpiffyPanda said:
xploe said:
Xpendable said:

No it is not your face. It is your attitude.

By telling yourself that you are ugly you just drag you down and women will notice that. Women don't care that much about looks. They care about confidence, because they are looking for a leader who makes them feel safe. They want someone who doesn't take any sh*t and someone who knows what he wants and is willing to fight for it.

How can a woman feel safe around her man when can't even stand himself ?

That is the harsh truth. You can stop using your looks as an excuse and start to take what you want or you can continue staying in you comfort zone and never make any change.

Have a nice day.
I don't think it's fair to say that when you've never met this person. Maybe looks aren't everything, but to say they don't matter is just plain stupid. Especially in the age of online dating

I have seen X, he is not ugly.  He, like several others here, is actually quite good looking.  So yeah, it's not his looks, IMO.  Unless, of course, he surrounds himself with very shallow people.
But yes, looks do have something to do with it. If you look miserable, it will have a negative impact on the reception you receive. Take lighting and angles into consideration before you take the picture. Smile. Don't have a "dead" look in your eyes. That honeysuckle matters, that honeysuckle makes you more attractive.

Converselly (talking alone):

If a person said, "and handsome and self posssed..."
Would many ladies look at him up?

Ppl look and State at anything they liked. One day, any of them might think "they deserved more." So it's a good idea to live A single day after another, committed to your self.

My words or ways aren't to be trusted (no one else could be concerned on the self)

Jer 17:5

Ppl look and Stare at anything they liked...

Finding someone who is actually willing to talk with me, for a start. Then meet. Then hopefully they will be willing to try ... that’s the first stumbling block for me really, just finding someone who is willing to try.

What keeps me from getting my dream partner ?
I did have two of them now both long gone from the planet.
Now I’m too old and too ugly and not rich enough to attract anyone unless they’re as old and ugly as I am.
Besides, the next time I have a **** it will probably induce a heart attack.

xploe said:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

if you are on your way to find a partner who is beautiful, supportive and smart. And get into a relationship with that person. A relationship that makes you feel like you can achieve anything you want to, because you grow thogether and support each other. A relationship where every moment is exciting, interesting and fun.

I want to know from you: What keeps you from getting the dream partner you deserve ?

Well, I have my standards in place and both the physical beauty and personality standards are equally high but the most important point is I don't need a woman in my life. I don't need a dream partner.

Simple!.

All I know is, I want that dream partner. *pants*
hqdefault.jpg

I'm picky, and hyper aware of the red flags and emotional baggage many people have. At times I think I can be too overly critical, but the truth is, I've been alone for a few years now. So I'm okay with taking my time and being thorough until I meet someone who's emotional baggage is compatible with my own. that's big picture thinking. In my current reality, I think I have a bad habit of romanticizing people off the bat. But at the same time, I don't think my standards are unreasonable...but maybe too idyllic. 

But that's how I cockblock myself. I think the external factors are probably that I'm standoffish, very private and tough to get to know. I also have bad teeth, 10lbs overweight, and I flirt by being mean (my intention is to be playfully teasing, but my humour is also very dry and sarcastic, which sometimes doesn't translate. I've been told that some people thought I was a genuine ***** until they understood me). Also, I can sometimes have a superiority complex and be overly contrarian. Not to mention I'm pretty nervous being one on one with people, and that nervousness manifests in disinterest, withdrawal, and occasionally hostility. I just had a date a few weeks ago, and the dude wrote me off as not interested because I didn't reciprocate his advances. Shame, I liked him too. I just haven't been laid in 2 years and REALLY don't know what to do with myself at this point lol.

MissBehave said:
My messed up mind.
Sucks so bad when I see what I want and it’s practically just sitting there.. all I have to do is reach for it.
I don’t think I would be able to handle love.
Il stick to short encounters and fleeting moments of happiness.

Perhaps there will come a time when someone senses what you're doing to yourself and will break those barriers. I hope it happens, for your sake. You deserve to be happy every bit as much as anybody else.

I think it's my face.

Some people think it's my attitude.

My logical part of the brain says it's because I'm living in a world where you don't get anything if you're unattractive and have mental health issues.

So... Yeah...

My response to OP:

I have never obtained, nor will never obtain a partner of any kind. This is because I am a defective and undesirable human being to the very core, and on every level without exception (i.e. looks, personality, ability, etc...). This fact cannot change. It is physically and biologically predetermined.

ITellYouHhwut said:
My response to OP:

I have never obtained, nor will never obtain a partner of any kind. This is because I am a defective and undesirable human being to the very core, and on every level without exception (i.e. looks, personality, ability, etc...). This fact cannot change. It is physically and biologically predetermined.

That's not a fact, that's the negative opinion you put on yourself.  Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.  And again, like you've been told a million times now, it's your attitude and outlook on life. 

And actually, personality can be changed, so can looks and abilities, if you want to get technical.

XehanortXIII said:
MissBehave said:
My messed up mind.
Sucks so bad when I see what I want and it’s practically just sitting there.. all I have to do is reach for it.
I don’t think I would be able to handle love.
Il stick to short encounters and fleeting moments of happiness.

Perhaps there will come a time when someone senses what you're doing to yourself and will break those barriers. I hope it happens, for your sake. You deserve to be happy every bit as much as anybody else.

I think it's my face.

Some people think it's my attitude.

My logical part of the brain says it's because I'm living in a world where you don't get anything if you're unattractive and have mental health issues.

So... Yeah...

Aww. 
That's sweet of you to say 🤗

Yea I've answered this before but I've been there and the break up was painful.Aim lower trust me on this....oh and earth signs I really recommend them .

I have no idea. No one wants to communicate with me.
On paper I'm fine. I think I'm just... too... awkward? And it just gets offputting.

I haven't met the person as of yet. I want a serious relationship and not many people seem to want that. Don't plan on rushing into this kind of thing. Have no problem being single. I will continue to be single until I meet the right person.

Finding her.

I've never had trouble meeting people, but I seldom make permanent friends. But I'm certain if and when I was to meet my dream that the cumbersome gracelessness I have facing women will raise like a curtain and there will be a natural bonding that overcomes fear.

I don't think it is fear of rejection. Hell, I'm used to that. I thinks it's fear of the unknown.

Latest posts

Back