What kind of religion is this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoiS ill start by saying religious people in general have made my life worse. The biggest problem I have always had with religious people is they believe they "know" things. They know the will of god, they know that god is ultimate good, they know that their is an after life. Ill admit earlier in this thread I am not a true expert on the bible. I never read because I had no interest in reading it. This isnt rude but to me its just a bunch of fairy tales. And all I see are plot holes. Second Brodies post may have offended you but have you ever truly thought that your believing text that started out around 1990 years ago. And that the people who wrote it could of had other motives. Kings used to say they had divine right to rule and that god chose them. What if Jesus was royalty? In the literal sense that his bloodline was some where some how literally related to royalty blood a while ago his family had be dethroned he was trying to get his throne back. Not just hey im king of the jews. Im literaly a king and that means i rule by divine right. Next the walking on water thing, he could of literally used his skills to make boat shoes and literally walked on water. He was a carpenter. I mean simple ingenuity could be a miracle back in those days. And if he was smart enough to make boat shoes he could of made a simple illusion and done a switch for water into wine trick. I mean he had help. Im just saying when you debate yes things get heated. But though you personally dont try to attack us lots of Christians do. Lots of christians are a constant pain in the butt. And if their was another counter religion in the US that split down the country I bet we would have the same problems as other countries do with religion fights and murders happening. My religion is better then you religion all over again. And whats worse is that happens within the christian faith anyway. Where one church is like you dont believe this in the same way we do so your going to hell. And they are the exact same religion. So for athiest to like christians is extremely hard. Because as people who have thought about all we see is a hate group ourselves who has had 2000 years to bring about fear, murder, rape, pillaging, torture, and suffering. And then when anyone says anything about them they go why are you picking on us what have we done to you and everyone else is just like have you guys looked at your history? But your a majority so yet again you have your nice huge population to back you up.

This thread is a big example of the double standard there is against Christians. If everybody were talking about any other religion except Christianity in this thread, they would have already been accused of being bigots but it seems to me that it's always the in thing nowadays to bash Christians like this. What a shame.

Almond way to prove my post right if you want I can bash other religions but I wasnt raised in a country where other religions make my day to day worse. If I was raised in a muslim country I would gladly ***** and moan about muslims. But the only muslims I ever dealt with did nothing to hurt me. They didnt give the superiority complex that your giving just now. Neither did the wiccans, or any other religions I have run across not saying they dont have their moments I just dont have as much ammunition. Maybe get your people to stop making everyone have reasons to dislike Christianity and we will stop hating you.

I'm not going to argue for or against any religeon but it is my personal oppinion that people who are excessively religeous in the sense that their religeon defines who they are do tend to have a superiority complex. These people tend to look down on other religeons and on people who don't have a religeon. I have to say, I hate when I decline to state my religeon and people automatically try to convert me. If I wanted to be christian, I would be. Same with being jewish, mormon, muslim, ect, ect. I have a friend who is extremely christian. I had a friend who was satanic. I have had few friends who are jewish. I have some pagan friends. I had a few wiccan friends at one point. We all got along, even when we were discussing religeons. Granted, we don't hang out or really ever see eachother now, but that was situational and had nothing to do with our different religeons, ethnicities, comparative IQs, interests, mental states, none of that. I don't understand how some people choose to be so ignorant about other's beliefs. I know that culturally different people can live together in peace. What I can't understand is why they choose not to. To me religeons seem to be a major roadblock to this peace.

And I'm sorry for the ramble, again since I'm not jewish, christian, mormon, muslim, atheist, or whatever else you've all been talking about it doesn't really affect me personally. Hooray for minorities!

I was wondering how long it would that for this to become an argument about religion.

No one has said anything new in this thread. You’re just repeating ideas and arguments that have been around for thousands of years, - they aren’t even your own.

You can’t prove or disprove the existence of “God”, and trying to convince someone that they are ‘wrong’ and you are ‘right’ is just an exercise is egocentricity. Faith is an incredibly personal thing for most people. It is a spiritual journey from within. If you doubt or criticise a person’s faith, you doubt and criticise the person. That’s why everyone gets so worked up about it.

Where you can be an expert in the study of religion, you cannot be an expert in the study of God. Religions are and were documented by human beings who are as flawed as you or I. How then, can those texts be said to be divine?

Does anyone here really think that they have the answers? Are we really so ignorant and self-absorbed? Why can’t anyone ever be happy with what they have? Why does there always have to be something more?

Almond said:
This thread is a big example of the double standard there is against Christians. If everybody were talking about any other religion except Christianity in this thread, they would have already been accused of being bigots but it seems to me that it's always the in thing nowadays to bash Christians like this. What a shame.

I spoke about another religion.

I didn't give a superiority complex. That's from your own head obviously.

My people??? What was that supposed to mean? Hating me??? So you're saying you hate me when you don't even know me?

There was absolutely no reason why you had to get ugly like this when all I did was say how sad this made me.

frey12 said:
Maybe get your people to stop making everyone have reasons to dislike Christianity and we will stop hating you.

frey12 said:
Almond way to prove my post right if you want I can bash other religions but I wasnt raised in a country where other religions make my day to day worse. If I was raised in a muslim country I would gladly ***** and moan about muslims. But the only muslims I ever dealt with did nothing to hurt me. They didnt give the superiority complex that your giving just now. Neither did the wiccans, or any other religions I have run across not saying they dont have their moments I just dont have as much ammunition. Maybe get your people to stop making everyone have reasons to dislike Christianity and we will stop hating you.

ok honestly folks, you're being ridiculous.
Knock it off.
I'm sorry but, with this behavior I'm thinking some of us here may need to retake preschool. Remember that? How we all got along and played nicely?
Ah alright that's just bullshit. I got beat up in preschool and everyone stole my stuff. And anyway, since you're ignorant and malicious enough to hate eachother for your beliefs, there's no point in reasoning with you. Am I evil because I don't hate on the grounds of a person's beliefs? Am I worthless scum for believing that people should be allowed, even encouraged to believe in what gods they want to, regardless of what others think? I understand that I'm just a kid, that I have romanticized views of a world in which you hate someone simply because of the personal relationship they hold with their own God. But could someone please explain to me why all christians are hated for the acts of a few extremists? Please, could someone tell me how a kind person such as Almond deserves to be hated for doing absolutely nothing at all?
It's a scary world out there, and if all adults are as hateful and cruel hearted as those I have seen I can only pray that I don't live long enough to be like you. This makes me lose faith in the human race, more so than the thread about the mom who told a girl to kill herself, more so than the guy who microwaved his daughter. This is disgusting and shameful. What gives people the right to say that their spiritual beliefs are right and other's are wrong? What makes people think that an entire religion ought to be blamed for a wrong that was done of which they had no part?

Why?

I do have to rewrite a response here because it was a bit harsh but I am used to be extremely blunt with what I am saying however. I didn't mean to come off as saying I hate Almond however I "extremely" disliked the response. Which is another problem within itself, turning into ones enemy. And I use the word enemy because I don't know how else to think of them, they hurt me and if they had the freedom I believe they would do worse. The big problem is their are not just a few "extremists" their are a lot! If anyone has seen that documentary movie Jesus Camp they are going out and hunting down kids and giving them plenty of brainwashing. Or seen people who go out and do the extra effort for church instead of just going regularly and enjoying whatever is done in church.(only been 3 times slept all three times) I see missionaries as a form of cultural invaders and do not see why they need to go out and recruit.

On a political point of view I have to constantly worried that church is trying to control the state.(yes I do worry about politics but I have almost given up) On a personal point of view I have to worry about running into the people and biting my tongue. Yes I have run into them yes I have bitten my tongue, yes I have tried to be friend them, it didn't help anything. It really just made it worse. On an intellectual point of view I feel that the extremists do not like reason or rationalism, or anything that involves these things which is a threat to free thought.

So to summarize Almond wrote
seems to me that it's always the in thing nowadays to bash Christians like this.
Which is responsible for much of my mean response because any time anyone talks about Christianity its bashing it however if it was always taken that way people would be able to debate which of course would be a pretty big debate but people who replied after me. This happens every single time which means you do what the heads of the religion want and you do not debate which allows you to not truly learn anything or think about it from another point of view or you do debate and just deal with the crap that comes along. I will not be held hostage by I am bashing Christianity.

However I can acknowledge that I made a mistake, I didn't like Almonds post and I still do not. However I didn't want to say I hate Almond. I was just saying I hate what Christianity has done to establish itself just like other religions who have done the same thing. And that the negative points are there and growing.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Extremists come in all flavors. Even in your own words you said you "extremely" disliked my response when all I was doing was expressing my sadness for a group of people. You also jumped to the conclusion that I was Christian just because I didn't condemn them along with you. Just because I didn't agree with you, you grouped me into the grouping of an enemy. I'm sorry but I have to tell you that you're doing and being exactly the same thing you claim to hate.

Latest posts

Back